Industry News Forum

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TT Newshounds can start threads here.

Sony Gives You a Chance to Change Your PSN Name if it Breaks the Rules

AuthorMessage
Punkyliar
Punkyliar
Posted on 12 April 19 at 12:14
It's better than Tempxxx

Please click here to read the story: Sony Gives You a Chance to Change Your PSN Name if it Breaks the Rules
PLATINBLAZE
PLATINBLAZE
Posted on 12 April 19 at 13:11
Is it so hard to do something right the first time or don't do it at all !?
"A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
Boogieman117
Boogieman117
Posted on 12 April 19 at 16:26
Sony is in a no-win situation.

Sony built the PSN in 2008 with your PSN ID as the 'primary key' for your account; your handle IS your account name in the back-end database. When Steam or Microsoft makes an account, your handle is simply a 'mask' for a unique string of characters that act as your 'primary key'. Sony built PSN on a poor cornerstone, therefore creating this problem that has had no really simple fix for many, many years.

So now Sony puts out their best possible solution to the years old problem and since it's not a perfect turn-key solution, people are upset that there are problems with the name change that has been begged for by users for over a decade.

In short, yes. It is hard to do something right the first time, considering hindsight is always 20-20 and decisions you make at first can have unforeseen consequences, resulting in a, what some will argue, is a half-baked solution.
Drago_Museveni
Posted on 12 April 19 at 21:13
Boogieman117 said:
Sony is in a no-win situation.

Sony built the PSN in 2008 with your PSN ID as the 'primary key' for your account; your handle IS your account name in the back-end database. When Steam or Microsoft makes an account, your handle is simply a 'mask' for a unique string of characters that act as your 'primary key'. Sony built PSN on a poor cornerstone, therefore creating this problem that has had no really simple fix for many, many years.

So now Sony puts out their best possible solution to the years old problem and since it's not a perfect turn-key solution, people are upset that there are problems with the name change that has been begged for by users for over a decade.

In short, yes. It is hard to do something right the first time, considering hindsight is always 20-20 and decisions you make at first can have unforeseen consequences, resulting in a, what some will argue, is a half-baked solution.
Thus the correct solution would be to not allow a name change. Not difficult whatsoever. The reason they don't care about the vocal minority that have had issues with the name change is because of the loads of cash they are raking in for this.
LEFT__4__DEAD__2
Posted on 13 April 19 at 11:59
This is good :)
Panache! - Reincarnation!
LedDroppings
LedDroppings
Posted on 16 April 19 at 13:39
I'm gonna hold off on this. I'm really worried about some of my saves deleting for PS3 games that I haven't 100% yet.
Emiinah
Emiinah
Posted on 17 April 19 at 05:12
Link2MyBalls said:
I'm gonna hold off on this. I'm really worried about some of my saves deleting for PS3 games that I haven't 100% yet.
Yeah I was worried about my saves for older games too.
Oh and please never change yours lol.
Well, you see, she’s not exactly my daughter, per se...but she does like to call me her “daddy,” so...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.