Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Persona 5 Joins PlayStation Hits and Gets Permanent Price Drop

  • PunkyliarPunkyliar79,382
  • CMDR-ZCMDR-Z619,337
    Posted on 08 April 19 at 11:13
    Oof! Maybe it's time I FINALLY buy it.
  • Posted on 08 April 19 at 12:32, Edited on 08 April 19 at 12:35 by Kuolemanlaakso
    Well this is frustrating. I bought it recently in the March Madness sale. Oh well, still well worth what I paid. I didn't buy the Ultimate Edition due to the things you get in it being unnecessary filler, however will the Hits version be the Ultimate Edition? If so, does this mean the DLC will also receive price reductions? I considered it not worth the 50% extra at the time but if it was reduced, i'd consider it.
  • CMDR-ZCMDR-Z619,337
    Posted on 08 April 19 at 12:42
    Kuolemanlaakso said:
    Well this is frustrating. I bought it recently in the March Madness sale. Oh well, still well worth what I paid. I didn't buy the Ultimate Edition due to the things you get in it being unnecessary filler, however will the Hits version be the Ultimate Edition? If so, does this mean the DLC will also receive price reductions? I considered it not worth the 50% extra at the time but if it was reduced, i'd consider it.
    Pretty sure the rest of the Hits games are just the regular versions, and DLC kept same price. Uncharted, Bloodborne, etc.
  • cilliaukcilliauk234,045
    Posted on 08 April 19 at 13:42
    It doesn't appear to be showing up in the UK store, it’s still showing as £49.99.
  • Posted on 08 April 19 at 15:34
    Najinceil said:
    Oof! Maybe it's time I FINALLY buy it.
    Yep. It's a solid game that I need to get back to in time. I finished Persona 4 Golden on my Vita a few months ago as my introduction to the series - major case of getting what you pay for (see Witcher 3).
  • strifekunstrifekun147,964
    Posted on 08 April 19 at 15:41
    Of course they price drop it now! They're about to release Persona 5 Royal after all!!

    Anyone who wants to get P5 should wait until the new edition is released so they can get all the new content.
  • rampantMooserampantMoose696,893
    Posted on 08 April 19 at 16:08
    cilliauk said:
    It doesn't appear to be showing up in the UK store, it’s still showing as £49.99.
    Same thing with the store in Australia. Also none of the physical retailers have it at the lower price point, at least not yet.
  • Posted on 08 April 19 at 20:22
    Najinceil said:
    Kuolemanlaakso said:
    Well this is frustrating. I bought it recently in the March Madness sale. Oh well, still well worth what I paid. I didn't buy the Ultimate Edition due to the things you get in it being unnecessary filler, however will the Hits version be the Ultimate Edition? If so, does this mean the DLC will also receive price reductions? I considered it not worth the 50% extra at the time but if it was reduced, i'd consider it.
    Pretty sure the rest of the Hits games are just the regular versions, and DLC kept same price. Uncharted, Bloodborne, etc.
    Ok, thanks for the clarification. I'm new to Playstation, well newish, so wasn't really sure how it all worked.
  • Posted on 08 April 19 at 21:51
    On the one hand, £16 is an absolute steal for this game (The Phantom Thieves would be proud), especially considering the digital price was £50 before. In addition to that, it's nicely timed to coincide with Super Smash Brothers Ultimate's first paid DLC character -
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

    On the other hand, Strikefun has a good point, and if budget allows you are probably better off waiting to see what the just-announced Persona 5: The Royal is about (probably a 'golden' style updated edition, if one were a betting man).strifekun said:
    Of course they price drop it now! They're about to release Persona 5 Royal after all!!
    Anyone who wants to get P5 should wait until the new edition is released so they can get all the new content.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 09 April 19 at 01:31
    I love Persona and the openings :)
    Panache! - Reincarnation!
  • Posted on 09 April 19 at 20:43
    Najinceil said:
    Oof! Maybe it's time I FINALLY buy it.
    Na, wait for the release of the new Persona game first. While we don't know everything yet it is assumed to be a re-release of 5 with extra content.

    As Persona 3 and 4 have been re-released with extra content before it wouldn't he shocking if 5 experienced this as well
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.