Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

UPDATE: Devil May Cry 5 Removes Nudity Censorship – But Not In Europe

• Posted on 02 April 19 at 11:16
    Time to go back to the game. dive
  • Boogieman117Boogieman117108,586
    Posted on 02 April 19 at 12:22
    the fact that neither PlayStation 4s in other regions nor Xbox Ones in the West received the same censorship
    This to me is the key line here. Capcom didn't censor this scene when it released the game and it was probably never intended to be censored in the first place. I'm glad that it's fixed because it, albeit very minor, was just another odd headline for a game that seems to be received very well by outlets and consumers alike.

I'll never understand censorship for M-rated games; it's not what the intended audience wants most of the time, there's enough ESRB warnings in the rating on the box, in the description bullets (no pun intended) on the box, and enough content online for any person to do their research into a game before buying it.
  • ScottishNubScottishNub1,962,959
    Posted on 03 April 19 at 00:58
    This whole thing is bs with censoring this tiny thing especially with a extremely adult part in resident evil 5 being uncensored on the ps3
  • MayadomeMayadome523,645
    Posted on 03 April 19 at 08:21
    Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever why they would censor any game that has a mature rating especially something as minor as a partially naked backside. All this brought was bad PR for the game and Sony/Capcom. Hopefully they learn from this mistake.
    Feel The Ether
  • PLATINBLAZEPLATINBLAZE365,965
    Posted on 03 April 19 at 09:49
    Looks over to Conan Exiles. #smh
    "A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads