AuthorMessage
TrueTrophy
TrueTrophy
Posted on 13 March 19 at 15:28
We are updating the site rules to allow for more constructive conversations

Please click here to read the story: Update To The TrueTrophies Forum Policy
BurnedChipmunk
Posted on 13 March 19 at 16:05
I'm going to have to be careful and try to curb the swearing a little more. I most certainly don't type at a PG-13 level. I'll try, though if a few slip through I'll edit them out as soon as I'm made aware; I'm just so used to typing in certain closed 18+ communities on Reddit and Discord that I swear as a matter of course now.

I'm assuming the new rules would apply to blog posts as well. Will we be expected to go back and retroactively remove profanity?
Drago_Museveni
Posted on 13 March 19 at 17:03
The only rule that is dumb is the uppercase one. I'm not advocating typing in all uppercase but a lot of people skim and miss the point. Using uppercase (and similarly bold, italics etc.) to highlight key points for skimmers enhances rather than degrades a point.

It won't matter much either way. I don't tend to post here often enough anyways.
iWantEllenPage
Posted on 13 March 19 at 17:44
It's too bad that it has gotten to this point. I guess some people don't game for fun and share the moment of other people having fun gaming.
PLATINBLAZE
PLATINBLAZE
Posted on 13 March 19 at 20:22
Glad I stood away from the forum section or wherever that heat came from... roll
"A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
A_Tennis_Giraffe
Posted on 13 March 19 at 20:30
Thankfully I haven't really come across anything too bad here, but I know it's been an issue for some time now over on TA. It's sad that people don't want to post anymore for fear of being attacked. Hopefully these new rules will help stomp it out and it can go back to how it was when I first joined TA - a friendly, helpful gaming community.
Hope for the best but expect the worst.
strifekun
strifekun
Posted on 14 March 19 at 01:33, Edited on 14 March 19 at 01:34 by strifekun
Thank you for addressing this!! This has been very relevant on any discussions about Assassin's Creed Odyssey and it's just getting to the point where it's toxic. I don't blame anyone for feeling nervous about posting articles or comments. Everyone should look out for their own wellbeing first and foremost.

I'm a bit guilty of a few of these (cursing and caps lock). I'll definitely try to be more mindful in the future.
Emiinah
Emiinah
Posted on 14 March 19 at 06:12
I do a whole lot of point four in person but I’m glad I can at the very least control it on TT. Also, I always forget about the younger generation and swear a lot. Will try not to anymore wave
Well, you see, she’s not exactly my daughter, per se...but she does like to call me her “daddy,” so...
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 14 March 19 at 10:42
Emiinah said:
I do a whole lot of point four in person but I’m glad I can at the very least control it on TT. Also, I always forget about the younger generation and swear a lot. Will try not to anymore wave
swearing is fine within reason though, even PG-13 movies swear, it's more about not going overboard or bringing up far too adult topics
http://raptr.com/badge/Nomsheep/fs_overall.png
ScottishNub
ScottishNub
Posted on 14 March 19 at 14:23
PG-13 Really? Well that's no fun
LEFT__4__DEAD__2
Posted on 14 March 19 at 18:28
New rules not too bad :)
Panache! - Reincarnation!
SolaceCreed
SolaceCreed
Posted on 14 March 19 at 20:35
Nomstuff said:
Emiinah said:
swearing is fine within reason though, even PG-13 movies swear, it's more about not going overboard or bringing up far too adult topics
Gotta admit, I've not seen it as often on here than on TA, people get insanely OTT on here.
Retro--Clank
Retro--Clank
Posted on 15 March 19 at 04:06
This is a nice move. Even though it doesn't happen here often (mainly because the communication on TT is a fraction of what it is on TA), it's a good move to help curb the toxicity on TA and ensure it doesn't somehow spill over onto TT.

The world/internet is filled with enough crap these days, it would be nice to have a few places where people aren't dickheads to one another.
Prem-aka-Prince
Posted on 15 March 19 at 04:40
Be excellent to each other.
=Semper Fi=
Emiinah
Emiinah
Posted on 15 March 19 at 04:46
SolaceCreed said:
Nomstuff said:
Emiinah said:
Gotta admit, I've not seen it as often on here than on TA, people get insanely OTT on here.
You just wait til the trolls catch a whiff of the controlled forums on TT. Although they seem quite comfortable on TA at the moment, maybe they’ll steer clear of stirring the pot here too.
Well, you see, she’s not exactly my daughter, per se...but she does like to call me her “daddy,” so...
lord_clorophilla
Posted on 15 March 19 at 06:27
Hopefully, this will keep the site at friendly levels. I really didn't think the whole Web would get to this point, it's been disgusting to see the coments section on every place.
Lord Clorophilla
Gaelic-_-Flame
Posted on 15 March 19 at 12:39
Drago_Museveni said:
The only rule that is dumb is the uppercase one. I'm not advocating typing in all uppercase but a lot of people skim and miss the point. Using uppercase (and similarly bold, italics etc.) to highlight key points for skimmers enhances rather than degrades a point.

It won't matter much either way. I don't tend to post here often enough anyways.
Yeah, I agree. A lot of time people fast-read or skim through the post and can miss some "not" or something. I sometimes miss these myself too, especially in larger bulks of text. Marking an important word or two with caps is definitely a good tool if it's not overused.

I guess we can still use bold text for that purpose though.
Gaelic Flame - Hybrid created from Rathalos and Kushala Daora materials. Its cut is a death sentence
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.