Game Discussion: Bulletstorm Forum

Self Server Creation

AuthorMessage
Leigrez
Leigrez
Posted on 03 March 19 at 04:13
So a friend has brought it to my attention that this github company has some software to allow your own computer to create essentially a server so you and your friends can play anarchy mode in private matches.

My main question is, will this get me banned if I was to pop trophies that are not available due to Gamespy server closures? And if so why?

The only reason for the follow up is because to my understanding this while technically modding the game isn't actually cheating because it's a place to allow us to play, we will still be doing all of the trophies legit. If it is fine, then ignore the follow up question.

Thanks.
Leigrez.

This is the link for the software from what I was told. Seems legit, and I've noticed a ton of people have popped trophies for Bulletstorm several years after the closure.

https://github.com/gonespy/bstormps3
There are three kinds of people in this world. People who can count and people who can't.
GAMERJET
GAMERJET
Posted on 03 March 19 at 07:32
This was discussed about year ago here: Custom servers for games with discontinued multplayer trophies - cheating?

Shadow_Kisuragi said:
I'm not the Investigations Manager, so I can't definitively give you a stance on this, but from previous experience with Halo 3 on TrueAchievements I believe this falls into using external tools in order to unlock the trophies, and therefore against the policy unfortunately.
I would advise against doing this. Though I will talk with our IM team/IM manager so we can provide a more official answer on this topic.
TT Administrator and Moderator - https://www.truetrophies.com/stafflist.aspx
SolaceCreed
SolaceCreed
Posted on 03 March 19 at 19:01, Edited on 03 March 19 at 19:01 by SolaceCreed
EPIC ban people using that website. So, I'd advise against it incase you like other EPIC titles and don't want your ID banned IF you somehow get caught.
Leigrez
Leigrez
Posted on 03 March 19 at 21:20
GAMERJET said:
This was discussed about year ago here: Custom servers for games with discontinued multplayer trophies - cheating?

Shadow_Kisuragi said:
I'm not the Investigations Manager, so I can't definitively give you a stance on this, but from previous experience with Halo 3 on TrueAchievements I believe this falls into using external tools in order to unlock the trophies, and therefore against the policy unfortunately.
I would advise against doing this. Though I will talk with our IM team/IM manager so we can provide a more official answer on this topic.
If you could get a definitive opinion that would be swell. And I understand it's technically using external tools, but those tools are not unlocking the trophies themselves, they are still earned legit, so that's why I personally don't think there's anything wrong with it, cause it's just allowing me and some buddies to actually play a game we enjoyed together again. You know what I mean?

SolaceCreed said:
EPIC ban people using that website. So, I'd advise against it incase you like other EPIC titles and don't want your ID banned IF you somehow get caught.
EPIC can have Fortnite which is trash in comparison to Apex Legends. There's nothing I really care about that they have made on this system. Gears for Xbox... but it's a different gamer tag, so screw em, since they didn't bring back servers when the Full Clip Edition launched (which they should have).
There are three kinds of people in this world. People who can count and people who can't.
Leigrez
Leigrez
Posted on 03 March 19 at 21:22, Edited on 03 March 19 at 21:24 by Leigrez
And right after I just posted that... that link you sent, had the answer as of this morning... so Thank You @gamerjet!

said:
Hello everyone,
I was informed that no one responded back on this thread about this issue previously. After lengthy discussions about Gonespy with NeM2K, usage of Gonespy for supported games will be allowed, as it does not manipulate the game in any way except for restoring the Gamespy bridge service.

This does not mean that any portions of this game can be cheated cart-blanche, as the trophies must still be earned legitimately via gameplay, and this decision can change in the future.

Thank you.
To me that's fair, because that's all it is, it just allow people like myself to play the game legit and earn the trophies. I guess I am gonna move that one next in the backlog so it can be finished with. Cheers!

If only there was something for FEAR 2, Midnight Club and Fuel as well... the Fuel ones glitched on me and I gave up for a while, next thing I knew the servers closed.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.