Gaming News Forum

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Upcoming Red Dead Online Beta Update Brings Exclusive Content

AuthorMessage
Punkyliar
Punkyliar
Posted on 21 February 19 at 13:45
Adds modes, weapons, and more

Please click here to read the story: Upcoming Red Dead Online Beta Update Brings Exclusive Content
HalfblindCloud
Posted on 21 February 19 at 16:02
Wait, the beta is still going?did they release the game with no online features at all or something?
Cloud
Najinceil
Najinceil
Posted on 21 February 19 at 19:07
HalfblindCloud said:
Wait, the beta is still going?did they release the game with no online features at all or something?
Yeah. It had barely anything in it besides repeatable timed missions per day, and some bare online PVP modes.
A_Tennis_Giraffe
Posted on 21 February 19 at 22:33
The thought of going back to the online on this game makes me feel sick to my stomach. I don't find it enjoyable at all and don't think I can stomach the grind to level 50. Will have a look once the update hits but I'm probably going to just grab the last few easy trophies, finish the story missions and call it a day. We'll see though.
Hope for the best but expect the worst.
PMDStrandbeest
Posted on 22 February 19 at 19:51
If the gold armor makes you stronger instead of your normal "die instantly to a headshot from someone 30 yards away" than that might be a pretty fun game mode. As it stands, just sounds like another of the "everyone fights over ____" that all the other game modes are.
Bonus_Eruptus
Bonus_Eruptus
Posted on 22 February 19 at 19:55, Edited on 22 February 19 at 19:56 by Bonus_Eruptus
A_Tennis_Giraffe said:
The thought of going back to the online on this game makes me feel sick to my stomach. I don't find it enjoyable at all and don't think I can stomach the grind to level 50. Will have a look once the update hits but I'm probably going to just grab the last few easy trophies, finish the story missions and call it a day. We'll see though.
I literally didn't have fun until I was a few hundred XP from hitting level 50. Had to help my wife with something for a minute, somebody (named slcmobbin) hogtied me and was carrying me to their horse. I broke free, fired my shotgun in the air to warn them off, and all of a sudden, a 5-year-old is screaming at me that that was unacceptable, and killed me. I got the last few kills I needed to hit 50 hunting him across St. Denis, and after the second one, he was screaming "WHAT DID I DO? I NEVER DID ANYTHING TO YOU!", never trying that parley button, until he finally quit.

I almost want to fire the game back up just to grief him again. He joined my list of nemeses, along with the kid from AC: Black Flag who had the 30 minute rendition of just the chorus of "Moves like Jagger".

Before that, it was just a tiresome grind. Someone showed me a place in southwest St. Denis, where the train tracks split north of the docks. There's a boat next to a building with a long dock. Kill a worker, hide behind the boxes down the docks, and just funnel cops down the dock to their death. Even had it set up so I'd get 5 silver medals at the same time, and used that glitch for faster XP. I had horseback kills, headshots, repeater kills, deadeye kills, and one other I forgot, up to 499 kills, saved and reloaded, then I'd just get one kill, see the 1000xp message, hold the PS button, close the app, restart, and I was back at 499 kills. Got 1000xp every 2-ish minutes. Still took forever.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.