Gaming News Forum

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Controversial Assassin's Creed Odyssey Growing Up Trophy Renamed

AuthorMessage
Punkyliar
Punkyliar
Posted on 19 February 19 at 17:09
More emphasis on continuing the bloodline

Please click here to read the story: Controversial Assassin's Creed Odyssey Growing Up Trophy Renamed
StevenT475
StevenT475
Posted on 19 February 19 at 19:19
Getting real sick of these game companies getting woke and bending the knee to people who don't care enough to buy their games. Just ends up hurting the company in the end. Just look how well Battlefield 5 did after they listen to the vocal minority. EA's stock is in the toilet. At the end of the day who cares what your character's sexuality is. This is what they did way back then, they needed to carry on the bloodline.
ScottishNub
ScottishNub
Posted on 19 February 19 at 19:54
God sake
SolaceCreed
SolaceCreed
Posted on 19 February 19 at 19:55
"Oh no, a game makes an assumption I want children..."

Question, how did you think the bloodline continues? There's no such thing as sperm donation in Ancient Greece.
strifekun
strifekun
Posted on 19 February 19 at 20:05
SolaceCreed said:

Question, how did you think the bloodline continues? There's no such thing as sperm donation in Ancient Greece.
I thought the canonical explanation was that that got the DNA off of a spear. Like, you aren't even directly related to them, so what's it matter??
SolaceCreed
SolaceCreed
Posted on 19 February 19 at 20:10, Edited on 19 February 19 at 20:13 by SolaceCreed
strifekun said:
SolaceCreed said:

I thought the canonical explanation was that that got the DNA off of a spear. Like, you aren't even directly related to them, so what's it matter??
The DNA for Kassandra and Alexios was found on the Spear. But their bloodline is obviously dependent on them having children. This is pretty obvious, to complain that a DLC ends with a romantic thing either on the basis of Sexuality/circumstance ect is just pure bollocks when you take in to consideration (as someone else has already stated) that it was very rare to not even consider having children in those days. They lived and breathed just to pass on their legacy and the main way was through their children.

To complain about that fact is stupid. No one complained about Ezio's romancy side quests, showing how he continued his line on.

Also, take how they found the other examples of DNA in the franchise.
Altïar, Ezio, Connor, Edward, Arno and The Frye Twins are all relatives of Desmond, through his DNA.
And Bayek and Aya were found directly from their Mummies.
The fact is the whole frnachise is based on Descendents. To get pissed off because it shows a romance storyline where the bloodline is shown to continue is just pointless.
Valyrious
Valyrious
Posted on 19 February 19 at 21:39, Edited on 19 February 19 at 21:39 by Valyrious
People really are sensitive losers in this generation. It really is a shame that developers give in to SJW peer pressure.

If you're upset about a trophy telling you you have to do something... maybe get a life.

And if this post offends you, GOOD.
DragonessHera
DragonessHera
Posted on 19 February 19 at 21:57
SolaceCreed said:
Altïar, Ezio, Connor, Edward, Arno and The Frye Twins are all relatives of Desmond, through his DNA.
Arno and the Frye Twins are not related to Desmond or his family. Arno is an ancestor of Callum Lynch, the main character from the movie (it's canon, and was heavily referenced in Origins). Arno was even in the movie when Callum's ancestors were gathering around him via the Bleeding Effect. The Frye Twins have no modern descendants that are known, but Jacob did have children. The games stopped being about family bloodlines by Unity, only referencing modern descendants in the extended universe.
PureVapour420
PureVapour420
Posted on 19 February 19 at 22:23
Valyrious said:
People really are sensitive losers in this generation. It really is a shame that developers give in to SJW peer pressure.

If you're upset about a trophy telling you you have to do something... maybe get a life.

And if this post offends you, GOOD.
BOOOOM!!! +1

I like you, because i like the truth...
Are we born not knowing or are we born knowing all, are we growing wiser or are we just growing tall
IaidoSquirrel
Posted on 19 February 19 at 23:47
Was considering buying this game....now thinking against it. Who cares if people are bitching about it the way it was. Don't buy the game if it offends you in any way. People need to get over their victim-hood and grow thicker skin!
scemopagliaccioh
Posted on 20 February 19 at 01:41
Beyond politics, this just shows that videogames cannot do anything audacious with the plot these days, being forced to walk on eggshells to avoid offending a vocal minority. Doesn't bode too well.
Mayadome
Mayadome
Posted on 20 February 19 at 05:39
scemopagliaccioh said:
Beyond politics, this just shows that videogames cannot do anything audacious with the plot these days, being forced to walk on eggshells to avoid offending a vocal minority. Doesn't bode too well.
This. People will say this is a win for diversity, etc, etc but it's not. It's changing the original vision of a game to suit a political agenda forced by a vocal minority *cough* Resetera *cough*. This is pretty much censorship.
Feel The Ether
davem300490
230,415 230,415 XP
davem300490
Posted on 20 February 19 at 06:03
This actually sucks that they've had to change a trophy name because of snowflakes.
Walkthrough Assistant Manager. General all round nice guy
SolaceCreed
SolaceCreed
Posted on 20 February 19 at 08:49
DragonessHera said:
SolaceCreed said:
Arno and the Frye Twins are not related to Desmond or his family. Arno is an ancestor of Callum Lynch, the main character from the movie (it's canon, and was heavily referenced in Origins). Arno was even in the movie when Callum's ancestors were gathering around him via the Bleeding Effect. The Frye Twins have no modern descendants that are known, but Jacob did have children. The games stopped being about family bloodlines by Unity, only referencing modern descendants in the extended universe.
I think you missed the point of the post. facepalm
SolaceCreed
SolaceCreed
Posted on 20 February 19 at 08:54
Mayadome said:
scemopagliaccioh said:
This. People will say this is a win for diversity, etc, etc but it's not. It's changing the original vision of a game to suit a political agenda forced by a vocal minority *cough* Resetera *cough*. This is pretty much censorship.
I don't see how it's a win for diversity. Right up till the Victorian age, people would fulfill their perceived 'duty' to having children no matter what their circumstance or sexuality was.
Although, I don't think this classes as censorship. It's not on the same level as the meddling in South Park Stick of Truth.
milanbarca82
milanbarca82
Posted on 20 February 19 at 11:55
Vocal minority, indeed. They don't even buy the damn game.
lumpengott
lumpengott
Posted on 20 February 19 at 12:16
oh my god...
SolaceCreed
SolaceCreed
Posted on 20 February 19 at 13:10
milanbarca82 said:
Vocal minority, indeed. They don't even buy the damn game.
In the next game the Assassin will be a pansexual Woman in a lesbian relationship with a transgendet woman.

To appease tbe Gods of Lesbos!
PureVapour420
PureVapour420
Posted on 20 February 19 at 15:37
SPOILER!!!

The people that run this world are conditioning our children to believe they are something their actually not, being young is difficult, some of these unsure youth just actually wanna fit in with society and be a part of something or follow things that are deemed cool or trendy. And yet while babies are still dying out in the world without food, our great leaders have managed to transform people in to the opposite sex and no one bats an eyelid! Let kids be kids and let them find their true selves without being herded like senseless cattle!

The biggest hypnotist on planet earth is an oblong box in the corner of the room and its constantly telling us what to believe is real...

We as humans really need to wise up and understand how much we are being controlled with pure wickedness...
Are we born not knowing or are we born knowing all, are we growing wiser or are we just growing tall
RealBulletHead
Posted on 20 February 19 at 21:19
I am not surprised they did this but I still think it is a stupid waste of time.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.