Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

True trophies app

• Posted on 21 April 14 at 22:34
    I wouldn't even know where to begin or how much it would cost to make one but I think an app for smartphones would be great for this site.

Could have your friend feed, profile etc etc and I think a sort of instant messaging between friends would be amazing. Would be a lot smoother and quicker to chat when out and about or at work like most are throughout the day or even when playing with people who don't have mics, even stretch it a little and provide your own voice chat function.

What thoughts do you guys have about it ?
    Giggity
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 April 14 at 22:40
    I'd be down for it, but when TrueAchievements ran a mobile website (m.trueachievements.com) it had very low usage.

So the TT app would probably need to be heavily demanded and then used, or at least like a $0.99 app, I don't think anyone's going to want to write it.

However, if someone wants to create an app, TrueTrophy himself will definitely help provide whatever will be needed if someone else wants to do the work and take on the task. He's said so himself.
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive. twitter.com/shadow_enz
  • Posted on 21 April 14 at 22:46
    thats very interesting, i have no experience with writing an app however it is something I'm wanting to learn. perhaps this will give me the push to look closer at it. Leave it with me compute
    Giggity
  • Posted on 22 April 14 at 02:56
    i support this idea 100%.
    Trophies,Sports,pepsi+kicking ass online right here.
  • Posted on 22 April 14 at 11:12
    +1 from me!
    I said hey listen to me, stay sane inside insanity <3
  • Posted on 22 April 14 at 11:27
    Thing with any app is they cost money to develop and are for the most part designed on system Rich may not be familiar with, we have an unofficial TA app for windows phone that was coded by an outside developer which would be the only way this could work really.

Of course TT is still in infancy too so as shadow said there isn't really enough interest to warrant the time sink to code an app and maintain it.
    Find me more often on TA but ill be here, you've been warned :D
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 April 14 at 12:07
    Now if we had a Vita app... wink
  • Posted on 22 April 14 at 18:15
    A Vita app now thats a good shout.
    Giggity
  • Posted on 22 April 14 at 22:57
    I guess some users might be using push notifications to notify new news, session reminders or invites, and message notifications--that sort of thing--but I think the same can be achieved with email settings and going that route.

The full site already runs so well on mobile devices!
  • Posted on 23 April 14 at 05:37
    Yea it does run well although, it's good to have more choice of how you use the site. It could possibly bring brighter and newer things for us to to do and use on the site.

Who knows till someone try's it...
    Giggity
  • Posted on 23 April 14 at 10:07
    Yeah and don't think I was trying to disagree or anything. Some apps function better than their site counterparts (eBay, banking, and YouTube come to mind). Mainly just saying I personally love how TA/TT runs on my phone. Can't speak for every phone as I've only had two or three decent ones.

Don't stop dreaming up features!
  • Varion_xVarion_x71,063
    Posted on 23 April 14 at 19:07
    I think that getting the word out and getting more members to this site is something that needs to happen before an app.
  • Posted on 23 April 14 at 19:32
    Very true varion we do need to get the word out to pull in more people
    Giggity
  • Varion_xVarion_x71,063
    Posted on 23 April 14 at 23:45
    Unfortunately, it's easier said than done. The PSN App makes messaging hundreds of recent players remarkably easy though, if you don't mind spamming.

compute
  • Posted on 23 April 14 at 23:56
    Spamming people is never the way to go to get them to look at things, showing off the features is what will. https://www.truetrophies.com/sendinvites.aspx Useful for getting the word out.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 April 14 at 01:13
    Actually what's been working for me with spreading the word is using other sites to conduct boosting sessions and when things go awry (as they always do), I talk about the session feedback feature of TrueTrophies, and bam, like 19 referrals to date, and who knows how many joined without listing me as a reference?
  • xTwoFace619xxTwoFace619x639,226
    Posted on 05 April 15 at 14:15
    u got my vote for the app :D
    7 Years xbox Fanboy and now i come back to Sony and grow to a sony fanboy... PS4 i coming :-)
  • Posted on 05 April 15 at 15:06
    http://psnprofiles.com/ would still get first refusal if sony ever decided to have more apps on their console.
  • xTwoFace619xxTwoFace619x639,226
    Posted on 06 April 15 at 17:29
    Then a app for the iphone
    7 Years xbox Fanboy and now i come back to Sony and grow to a sony fanboy... PS4 i coming :-)
  • Posted on 06 April 15 at 22:14
    I thought sony guys had android?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads