Gaming News Forum

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Poll: Which Game Studio Would You Like To See Split From Their Publisher?

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 11 January 19 at 17:05
If Bungie and IO Interactive can do it, surely others can?

Please click here to read the story: Poll: Which Game Studio Would You Like To See Split From Their Publisher?
Poll: Which Game Studio Would You Like To See Split From Their Publisher?
  • Bioware from EA, retaining rights to Dragon Age and Mass Effect
  • DICE from EA, retaining rights to Battlefield
  • Respawn from EA, retaining rights to Titanfall
  • Ghost Story Games (formerly Irrational Games) from Take-Two, retaining rights to Bioshock
  • Monolith Productions from WB Games, retaining rights to their Nemesis system
  • Monolith Soft from Nintendo, retaining rights to Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Criterion from EA, retaining rights to Burnout
  • Rare from Microsoft, retaining... everything?
  • Crystal Dynamics from Square Enix, retaining Tomb Raider
  • You must log in to vote on this poll
    strifekun
    strifekun
    Posted on 11 January 19 at 18:00
    For me it's obviously the Bioware one. But most of the talent behind both games have jumped ship, so if such a thing happened, maybe they would come back? It's not at all likely, but dreams man, dreams.

But the Ghost Story Games one would be good too.
    A_Tennis_Giraffe
    Posted on 12 January 19 at 02:31
    Rare from Microsoft...
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
    GO_WITH_OREO
    GO_WITH_OREO
    Posted on 12 January 19 at 03:06
    Everyone that works for EA... They will end up dissolved if they don't anyway
    PricedAmoebaFive
    Posted on 12 January 19 at 13:19
    Respawn, because I loved both titanfall 1 and 2. They were the best shooters in years to me. Titanfall 2 was the complete package, having a awesome campaign and a brilliant multiplayer experience. Titanfall 2 was killed by EA because they sandwiched it between cod and battlefield in order to hurt cods sales. It deserved better than that, Respawn deserves better than that. On their own, I feel a Titanfall 3 could be a GOTY contender, but EA are determined to destroy yet another talented and hard working studio.
    Mayadome
    Mayadome
    Posted on 12 January 19 at 16:27
    Respawn. I can see them being pretty close to the chopping block. Titanfall 2 was a great game but it didn't seem to sell that well and we know what EA does to studios who games don't sell well... I think DICE and Bioware are probably safe due to them putting out the biggest non-sports games for EA.
    Feel The Ether
    WEBHEAD_7
    WEBHEAD_7
    Posted on 12 January 19 at 23:14
    Bioware, no contest. Then I could stop worrying that EA is going to close them
    JBB
    ImFunnyHow
    ImFunnyHow
    Posted on 13 January 19 at 01:30
    Never gonna happen but dream scenario would be Bethesda realizing they want to focus on TES, and divest themselves of the Fallout franchise back to Obsidian.
    I better not be wishing Obsidian splits away from Microsoft in years to come.
    Punctuality is the thief of time...
    Najinceil
    Najinceil
    Posted on 13 January 19 at 01:32
    ImFunnyHow said:
    Never gonna happen but dream scenario would be Bethesda realizing they want to focus on TES, and divest themselves of the Fallout franchise back to Obsidian.
    I better not be wishing Obsidian splits away from Microsoft in years to come.
    Let's hope The Outer Worlds turns out to be an absolute hit. toast
    Muskarcina77
    Muskarcina77
    Posted on 13 January 19 at 08:47
    Bioware
    AtsumaKarin
    AtsumaKarin
    Posted on 13 January 19 at 12:37
    LOL, nearly half the options are for EA. :P

I went for Monolith Soft, though. Xenoblade 2 is literally the only reason I even want a Switch, although there no doubt are a fair few great games on it now, just getting to the stage where it all feels so damn samey with their main games and I could pass up on it...if not for Xenoblade 2. laugh

But yeah, Xenoblade trilogy with Plats, there are so many achievements in those games, it's like they don't want to be attached to Nintendo or something. :P

I would've picked Rare...but considering a chunk of their staff are with PlayTonic now, it's too late for them, I think.
    Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
    kintaris
    kintaris
    Posted on 13 January 19 at 20:05
    AtsumaKarin said:
    LOL, nearly half the options are for EA. :P

I went for Monolith Soft, though. Xenoblade 2 is literally the only reason I even want a Switch, although there no doubt are a fair few great games on it now, just getting to the stage where it all feels so damn samey with their main games and I could pass up on it...if not for Xenoblade 2. laugh

But yeah, Xenoblade trilogy with Plats, there are so many achievements in those games, it's like they don't want to be attached to Nintendo or something. :P

I would've picked Rare...but considering a chunk of their staff are with PlayTonic now, it's too late for them, I think.
    I'm glad you voted for Xenoblade, as I'd mainly put that in there in a desperate attempt to avoid another EA entry laugh

My answer still is and always will be for Disney to give up the damn LucasArts IPs :'(
    misterjon15
    misterjon15
    Posted yesterday at 08:24
    Bioware, please! Run for your life!!!
    DrNefario
    DrNefario
    Posted yesterday at 10:29
    Crystal Dynamics would never have had Tomb Raider if it had stayed with its original devs.
    JAdamGilman
    Posted yesterday at 18:05
    I personally like where Tomb Raider is at the moment

LucadArts breaking free would be great.

I actually chose Rare. One of the reason I switched over to the PS4 is for the exclusives. I feel Microsoft only cares about backwards compatibility and I prefer to move forward in the gaming industry. Just my opinion.
    J. Adam Gilman
    DerHerzeleid
    DerHerzeleid
    Posted yesterday at 18:10
    Anything from EA.
    EA is a piece of shit company.
    PSXtreme_
    PSXtreme_
    Posted today at 12:23
    Criterion from EA...because just like every other developer, EA has sucked the life outta Criterion....
    Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.