Gaming News Forum

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

TrueTrophies Readers' Top 50 Games of 2018

AuthorMessage
TrueTrophy
6,053
TrueTrophy
Posted on 08 January 19 at 17:44
A deeper dive into our community's favourite games of the year

Please click here to read the story: TrueTrophies Readers' Top 50 Games of 2018
LagDotCom
20,423
LagDotCom
Posted on 08 January 19 at 18:45
I've played literally none of them :D
Soragoof
31,441
Soragoof
Posted on 08 January 19 at 19:20
I just wanna know how Fallout 76 rated higher than Paw Patrol....
TA - KACG FeaR

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 09 January 19 at 01:17
I want to know how Fallout 76 made the list at all, the game is utter shite.
Najinceil
432,119
Najinceil
Posted on 09 January 19 at 01:21
Soragoof said:
I just wanna know how Fallout 76 rated higher than Paw Patrol....
BurnedChipmunk said:
I want to know how Fallout 76 made the list at all, the game is utter shite.
As much as it became a meme to hate on F76, it's a pretty decent game, if you look pass the marketing mishaps and whatnot.

People play it, love it, and get addicted to it. It's a solid game. It's just hated on because people love to hate, I guess. #nomanssky.
DrEvilGuapo
502,716
DrEvilGuapo
Posted on 09 January 19 at 14:27
The acccuracy of this list falls off significantly the further you go down as readers could only vote for their favorite 3-5. So, even if a title like Beat Saber were genuinely a top ten game for everyone that played it, but maybe not top five, it would get no credit whereas a larger title like Fallout 76 hitting the top five for even a small subset of its players would get credit towards this ranking.

Understanding the inherent issue with such a list, it is still very entertaining and interesting to read. Thank you for publishing it.
kintaris
94,340
kintaris
Posted on 09 January 19 at 15:09
DrEvilGuapo said:
The acccuracy of this list falls off significantly the further you go down as readers could only vote for their favorite 3-5. So, even if a title like Beat Saber were genuinely a top ten game for everyone that played it, but maybe not top five, it would get no credit whereas a larger title like Fallout 76 hitting the top five for even a small subset of its players would get credit towards this ranking.

Understanding the inherent issue with such a list, it is still very entertaining and interesting to read. Thank you for publishing it.
Yeah, there's definitely an inherent bias -- I had considered only posting the top 20 but I thought there were some interesting entries below that worth noting.

I want to spend a bit more time thinking about how we want to do GOTY across TGN next year, want to make sure everything gets fair representation. All ideas welcome.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 09 January 19 at 17:47
Is it possible to know how many people voted?
Put your hands behind your knees and get down on your head now!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.