Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The Easiest PlayStation 4 Platinums of 2018

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 03 January 19 at 16:54
Some short and simple silverware to add to your wishlist

Please click here to read the story: The Easiest PlayStation 4 Platinums of 2018
DeadStanley
DeadStanley
Posted on 03 January 19 at 17:58
Games like these really water-down the whole prestige of earning a platinum trophy (and yes, I know I'm a hypocrite).
SolaceCreed
SolaceCreed
Posted on 03 January 19 at 18:35
Slyde (even for 99p) was very disappointing, 20minute platinum.
Little Adventures, I'm still to figure out what the games point was or even if it had a story. Another pointless platinum.
Yet games that are actually harder to get the full 100% for often don't even get a platinum.
ImFunnyHow
ImFunnyHow
Posted on 03 January 19 at 18:47
Thank you for the list. Might get some of the better rated ones whenever they go on a PS Store sale.
Punctuality is the thief of time...

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 03 January 19 at 18:59
LOL
spaceVulture42
Posted on 03 January 19 at 19:39
Say what you will about some of these, I enjoy the hidden object games (Enigmatis for example) and Tacoma, was awesome! Word Search/Sudoku are my go to relaxation games.
Flakk
Flakk
Posted on 03 January 19 at 20:57
Huh. I only played 11% of these. I'm slacking. wink
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 03 January 19 at 21:06, Edited on 03 January 19 at 21:06 by kintaris
spaceVulture42 said:
Say what you will about some of these, I enjoy the hidden object games (Enigmatis for example) and Tacoma, was awesome! Word Search/Sudoku are my go to relaxation games.
I agree. A lot of those are actually well made for what they are. I would put Devious Dungeon in the same bracket.

One Word was pretty terrible compared to the other POWGI games however.

And Tacoma is great, you're right! Shame not so many people played it. I thought it was pretty much on par with Gone Home.
AtsumaKarin
AtsumaKarin
Posted on 03 January 19 at 22:14
kintaris said:
spaceVulture42 said:
I agree. A lot of those are actually well made for what they are. I would put Devious Dungeon in the same bracket.

One Word was pretty terrible compared to the other POWGI games however.

And Tacoma is great, you're right! Shame not so many people played it. I thought it was pretty much on par with Gone Home.
Yeah, Tacoma would've been great had it not crashed on me a couple times. angry But ignoring that, definitely good production values but criminally short.

One Word, I like the concept but yeah, very limited too.

Devious Dungeon, however...I disagree, although I did enjoy it a bit more the last time I played it (and trust me, I played it FAR too many times) laugh, it's still far from being good imo.

But then again, I know many others who enjoy it like you so I'm in the minority there.

And yes, I have played like 90% of these games. redface I can't help it, love those juicy Gold Rush Plats!!! Plus they're often cheap/cross-buy, so why not? dance

Also, I enjoy the Artifex Mundi games and would play those anyway, as with most of these, so whatever. toast
Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
strangerGOL
strangerGOL
Posted on 04 January 19 at 08:31
Cool list, I'll definitely buy The Long Reach. :)
DrNefario
DrNefario
Posted on 04 January 19 at 10:04
I'm a little surprised not to see Burly Men at Sea.
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 04 January 19 at 11:45
DrNefario said:
Burly didn't come out this year (though it was PS Plus this year).

We'll likely be setting up some sort of evergreen article of the very easiest lists that will be updated regularly, some time in the new year -- this list is just for games released in 2018.
rampantMoose
rampantMoose
Posted on 04 January 19 at 12:45
Why even bother with trophies if you go down the route of paying for garbage which takes no effort or skill to complete? Artificially inflated numbers are meaningless, despite the praise they often draw.
DrNefario
DrNefario
Posted on 04 January 19 at 15:16
kintaris said:
DrNefario said:
Burly didn't come out this year (though it was PS Plus this year).
Oh, OK. I thought it was early 2018. I must be getting it confused with the Switch version.
Davin0th1
Davin0th1
Posted on 04 January 19 at 17:06
Soma was a relatively quick completion as well, but there's no platinum trophy for it
skinnyflacko91
Posted on 07 January 19 at 01:42
Definitely going to be looking into some of these
SPG_71
SPG_71
Posted on 10 January 19 at 13:28
Few on that list I haven't got round to doing. When i've got an afternoon free I may try and knock a couple out. :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.