Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

January's PS Plus Games Live in North America, Europe Due Tomorrow

• kintariskintaris100,032
  • Posted on 02 January 19 at 14:23
    Had a chat with PlayStation support and was told it was because of the bank holiday there was a delay and games will be available tomorrow ( thursday )
  • DuwenUKDuwenUK76,732
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 14:37
    Yeah - the description for Decembers free games on the UK PS store now states "This price is only available from 4/12/2018 11:00 am to 3/1/2019 11:00 am." ...so the January titles won't be live until 11am tomorrow (Thursday).

...it's a shame - I spent most of new years day periodically refreshing the web page.
  • maytresixmaytresix51,306
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:28
    I haven’t snowboard since SSX, tricky, tricky, tricky.
    Is it worthiness to give a try to this game?
    Thanks in advance.
  • kintariskintaris100,032
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:35
    maytresix said:
    Thanks in advance.
    Definitely worth it if you already have PS Plus -- I thought it was fairly solid when I reviewed it on release, and apparently it's gotten better and better since.
  • CMDR-ZCMDR-Z606,883
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:50
    maytresix said:
    Thanks in advance.
    It's such a feel-good game. Just, snowboarding down mountains, doing tricks, good music/soundtrack in the background. It makes you feel so good. My entire time in it, playing with my brother, was so much fun and good times. I'm happy that more people get to experience it now!
  • Posted on 02 January 19 at 18:35
    One warning I would give for Steep, if you are the type of player that wants all the trophies including DLC, Steep has pricey DLC. £15.99 for the Season pass, which doesn't seem too bad, until you notice that one of the DLCs (Road to the Olympics) is not in the season pass and is another £15.99. So, for all trophies (if in the UK), it will be £31.98.

Obviously sales will come along and such, but something to be aware of for those that want to go for it all.

I haven't played it yet to decide if it is good, or if the DLC is worth it. Just wanted to point out my findings, so others know :)
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite trophy site on the internet!
  • snakebacon97snakebacon97390,841
    Posted on 03 January 19 at 01:08
    Steep is a fun game, mostly just for relaxing and exploring mountains at your own pace. If you're going for the platinum you'll need to find and earn gold in all of the events.
    Everythings fairly easy except for about five events which are much, much harder than the rest, mostly wingsuit challenges through absurdly small gaps and one snowboard event requiring you to figure out how to bend the physics in weird ways.
    DLC is massively overpriced and not very interesting. The DLC Rocket Wingsuit and all other sports can be gained for free with in game currency that has no other purpose besides cosmetics, the only thing the paid DLC gets you otherwise is events for those sports, but events being the weakest point of this game, why bother?
  • DrNefarioDrNefario81,832
    Posted on 03 January 19 at 15:18
    Seems to be Zone of the Enders HD Edition rather than the Collection, in the UK. No ZoE2.
  • SoragoofSoragoof35,214
    Posted on 04 January 19 at 18:23
    Would love to pick up the DLC, just hoping to wait for a sale. At the end of the day though, game was free so $35 for the game and all DLC isn't that bad.
    TA - KACG FeaR
  • DrNefarioDrNefario81,832
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 16:48
    DrNefario said:
    Seems to be Zone of the Enders HD Edition rather than the Collection, in the UK. No ZoE2.
    I've just noticed that this seems to have been corrected. It is now showing the whole HD Collection in the UK store.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.