Gaming News Forum

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PlayStation Plus Free Games for January: Steep and Portal Knights

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 28 December 18 at 09:55
A good time to hit the slopes

Please click here to read the story: PlayStation Plus Free Games for January: Steep and Portal Knights
Emiinah
Emiinah
Posted on 28 December 18 at 10:46
I’ll be only adding Steep to my library, even though it gives me bad flashbacks of the wingsuit challenges in JC3 cry

I would add Portal Knights but I own it on PC and have never touched it, chances are I won’t touch the PS4 version either...
Made you look :P
UlvenFenrir
UlvenFenrir
Posted on 28 December 18 at 10:51
Zone of the enders, nice. Ill grab that. smile
Gaelic-_-Flame
Posted on 28 December 18 at 11:32
I'm always up for free co-op games (Portal Knights)

Also Fallen Legion looks interesting. This also reminds me why not getting extra PS Vita games once March comes will be pretty sad. cry I'm currently enjoying Iconoclasts from last month quite a bit too, which was also given as Vita game.
Gaelic Flame - Hybrid created from Rathalos and Kushala Daora materials. Its cut is a death sentence
DuwenUK
DuwenUK
Posted on 28 December 18 at 12:48
They'll all be added to my library, but ZoE and Fallen Legion are the stand-outs this month.
AGNOSTICMADBALL
Posted on 28 December 18 at 15:36
Nothing to my liking next month in January for the Free PS+ games. The last few months were good to me. Happy New Years everyone and all the best in 2019
HalfblindCloud
Posted on 28 December 18 at 15:44
Theres a 1st, i already own both ps4 games
Cloud
Najinceil
Najinceil
Posted on 28 December 18 at 16:36
Portal Knights if a fun little game, very farmy/grindy, but fun. I played it alone, so I got bored very quick.

Steep is a shenanigans game. Played through it with the brother, and it was just pure laughs and messing around for a majority of it.
AVandelBuster
Posted on 28 December 18 at 17:51
Fallen Legion is fun. Glad more people will get a chance to play it.
Muskarcina77
Muskarcina77
Posted on 28 December 18 at 18:51
Again a bad choice.
PLATINBLAZE
PLATINBLAZE
Posted on 28 December 18 at 20:04
UlvenFenrir said:
Zone of the enders, nice. Ill grab that. smile
Same here!
"A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
xStOnEhEaDx
xStOnEhEaDx
Posted on 28 December 18 at 23:38
Looking forward to Portal Knights.. and will maybe try out Steep..
strifekun
strifekun
Posted on 29 December 18 at 08:49
Zone of Enders maybe. Fallen Legion definitely, Amplitude hell yeah!!

Not amazing, but at least one game I've had on my wishlist for a long time so looks like an okay month.
A_Tennis_Giraffe
Posted on 29 December 18 at 09:31
I won't mind getting STEEP to try as it's one I'd probably never have bought, but would like to just try first.

As for the rest, I doubt I'll play any of them. Might give Amplitude a go but don't really see myself liking it enough to play on my profile.
Hope for the best but expect the worst.
Deadsh0tdoubleG
Posted on 29 December 18 at 12:55
I was hoping for Yakuza 0 so that I finally start this series that I have heard so much about. And while I do think Sony could have done a better job, the month is decent IMHO.

STEEP might not be everybody's cup of tea, but it is a good-looking and fun (especially with friends) game, with some interesting DLC. Just be warned, some of the events can be very brutal for the gold medal (good luck to the brave ones who are going to attempt getting the gold medal on events like the Vallec Village race or the La Fieuse wingsuit challenge to name a few). Apart from this:
STEEP24 carats Gold challengerThe 24 carats Gold challenger trophy in STEEP worth 410 pointsGet 115 Gold Medals on Alps Public Challenges

the game is pretty doable to get the plat (I myself got 100% on the Xbox One version).
TheIcemanKnows
Posted on 29 December 18 at 18:43
I already own Steep, so nothing that'll catch my eye next month sadly.
Bwoah, Leave Me Alone! I know What I'm Doing.
Soragoof
Soragoof
Posted on 30 December 18 at 06:14
Look forward to Steep. Maybe Portal Knights if I can get the SO to play couch coop with me. Also might need to pick up a Vita soon.
TA - KACG FeaR
theguytom
Posted on 30 December 18 at 11:26
Amplitude is an amazing game. It's also (kinda) cross-buy. When you buy the ps3 or ps4 version, you can get the other version for free if you go to the other version's page on the store.
DeraesPieterjan
Posted on 30 December 18 at 21:15
A lot of interesting games I hadn't heard of yet...
Super hyped for Steep though! smile
Najinceil
Najinceil
Posted on 31 December 18 at 22:51
theguytom said:
Amplitude is an amazing game. It's also (kinda) cross-buy. When you buy the ps3 or ps4 version, you can get the other version for free if you go to the other version's page on the store.
That's good to know!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueTrophies to track your games and trophies correctly, we need to be able to access your trophy information. If your trophies are not being scanned, it is likely that your PlayStation account privacy settings need reconfiguring - it is possible to do this via a console.

1. Start up your console and navigate to and press the "Settings" button on the dashboard

2. Select "Account Management" on the settings screen

3. Select "Privacy Settings" on the account management screen

4. Select "Games" in the privacy settings screen

5. Select "Trophies" in the following screen

6. Change the value to "Anyone" and press "Confirm"