Site News

Forum to discuss TT news items. Only TrueTrophy can post here

TrueTrophies 2018 Game of the Year Awards

• PlatypixPlatypix58,866
    Posted on 10 December 18 at 13:32
    Is there something wrong with the Best PSVR dropdown list? I can't find Astrobot, Moss or Firewall on there!
  • Posted on 10 December 18 at 14:18
    Thanks for flagging this up, Platypix. I needed to set up the game property correctly - those should appear in the dropdown list now!
  • PlatypixPlatypix58,866
    Posted on 10 December 18 at 15:04
    HitmanOllie said:
    Thanks for flagging this up, Platypix. I needed to set up the game property correctly - those should appear in the dropdown list now!
    Many thanks for sorting it smile
  • Posted on 10 December 18 at 15:08
    Beat Sabre doesn't appear on the VR list.

Also while they aren't really VR games but offer a mode, Persona 5 Dancing HK is the only game that shows in the VR list. 3 and all regions don't.
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,298,491
    Posted on 10 December 18 at 16:19
    Teh_Paralyzer said:
    Beat Sabre doesn't appear on the VR list.

Also while they aren't really VR games but offer a mode, Persona 5 Dancing HK is the only game that shows in the VR list. 3 and all regions don't.
    Not sure what's up with Beat Saber but I did make a slight tweak to the settings, see if it shows up now, otherwise, will need dev intervention.

As for Persona: they weren't set properly so I've just checked VR/Camera Compatible for them, they should hopefully show up now. toast
    Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 December 18 at 16:53
    I'm going to cheer on 'Celeste' as my choice for Game Of The Year 2018. Sure there where some great games. Really loved 'Spider-Man' which is my second choice. But some of the biggest games are at least somewhat flawed. 'God Of War' has that awful screen crunch issue that makes it hard to enjoy the combat, and no FOV settings to aid in it; and it has a really unsatisfying ending I felt. 'Red Dead Redemption 2' is great, but it's frame rate regularly dips as low as 22fps and it has almost a half-second of input lag making it feel really sluggish, that coupled with the unremarkable shooting makes this a bit of a technical let down where I feel they focused too much on the graphics and less on the performance than they perhaps should have.

Now, I'm not saying games like 'God Of War' or 'Red Dead Redemption' don't deserve accolades; they do, they're great games. But 'Celeste' isn't just a 2D platformer, it's one of the tightest, best designed, most nuanced platformers I've ever played. A perfect middle ground between the difficulty of 'Super Meat Boy' and the charm of 'Shovel Knight'. So yeah, that was my vote and I hope others consider it too.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 December 18 at 17:05
    My vote is for Sea of Thieves!
  • Posted on 10 December 18 at 17:06
    Celeste all the way!
    Bwoah, Leave Me Alone! I know What I'm Doing.
  • Posted on 10 December 18 at 17:41
    Crossing Souls. What a hidden gem. I cry every time.
  • Posted on 10 December 18 at 20:52
    Nice to see all the Celeste love. My vote won't be in vain!
  • Posted on 10 December 18 at 23:35
    I also enjoy seeing how few games I've played for the most recent year. Never fails.

My Game of the Year is Yakuza 0, continuing a proud tradition of being roughly 5 years behind the curve in what's popular.
  • Posted on 11 December 18 at 02:13
    Red Dead Redemption 2 headspin
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • DarthSmurfXDarthSmurfX189,109
    Posted on 12 December 18 at 21:17, Edited on 12 December 18 at 21:18 by DarthSmurfX
    I can't get the VR portion to recognize Creed.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,280
    Posted on 13 December 18 at 10:25
    It took three attempts for the list to accept Firewall as an option under VR.
  • Posted on 13 December 18 at 19:21
    DarthSmurfX said:
    I can't get the VR portion to recognize Creed.
    Sorry about that! It should work now, hopefully. Try it again?
  • Posted on 14 December 18 at 16:17
    for me this year was a mess in terms of gaming, hardly ever i can spend long time playing. In addition, I have plenty of Switch games :facepalm:
  • Posted on 14 December 18 at 19:02
    SquallWindlord said:
    for me this year was a mess in terms of gaming, hardly ever i can spend long time playing. In addition, I have plenty of Switch games :facepalm:
    Pretty much how I felt. I had a good month at some point to play a ton of games, and most of those were my nominations. The rest of this year has been like.. 1 serious completion per month laugh
  • Posted on 16 December 18 at 09:28
    For me it's Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, followed by Spider-Man which was astonishingly well made and a pure joy to play through and through. Of course I am sure Red Dead Redemption 2 will win, closely followed by God of War reboot, since previous GOTY polls show quantity always wins over quality.

Dog_of_Thunder said:
    I also enjoy seeing how few games I've played for the most recent year. Never fails.
    Literally three for me (with trophies), and two of them were little indie games that don't have a hope of winning anything so just one choice laugh
    "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
  • Posted on 16 December 18 at 15:16
    DJMax Respect gets my vote for music rhythm game of the year. Nothing else released this year even came close aside from maybe Persona Endless Night Collection, but all 3 games don't have a big enough songlist even with DLC. Project Diva: Future Tone isn't eligible because that game was released last year.music
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads