Site News Forum

Forum to discuss TT news items. Only TrueTrophy can post here

Introducing The Twelve Days of Christmas 2018 Community Challenge

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
Posted on 29 November 18 at 15:27
Get into the festive spirit through the whole of December on TrueTrophies

Please click here to read the story: Introducing The Twelve Days of Christmas 2018 Community Challenge
Big_Jamie12
Big_Jamie12
Posted on 29 November 18 at 15:34
Quite new to TT, but I'll definitely give this a gotoast
JamPlays
minpinz23186
minpinz23186
Posted on 29 November 18 at 16:32
Woo hoo! Can't wait to try and do it on both platforms again this year. So excited!
SilsRayleigh
SilsRayleigh
Posted on 29 November 18 at 17:47
Nice! I have some games on hold waiting for this
Johnny_Broflex
Posted on 29 November 18 at 19:18
Finished this on TA last year. Cant wait to do it on both platforms this year. Maybe TSA will even have one lol
Koding
Koding
Posted on 29 November 18 at 19:24
Sweet. And now that I finally just bought a PS4 and Plus, I have a decent amount of games available and might actually be able to complete this.
55 LEGO game completions on 5 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA!
Grinhorn
Grinhorn
Posted on 29 November 18 at 21:45
Oh yes, I hoped, that this challenge will return once again :-)

Great!
Hellfiregod6
Posted on 29 November 18 at 22:13
Now kingdom Harts 3 VR hope It acetyl VR both PS4 Xbox X my santa wish is PS4 xbox x vr rights in us
Gameawards should 20 asked Kingdom Harts 3 rating E some of store
Soragoof
Soragoof
Posted on 30 November 18 at 05:58
Signed up for both sites!!! Love the community challenges. Keep em coming!
TA - KACG FeaR
MineTrapCraft
MineTrapCraft
Posted on 30 November 18 at 08:49
The 10 year anniversary was too difficult because of the Y trophy, hope this is more attainable
Stephcgee
Stephcgee
Posted on 30 November 18 at 10:01
I’ll be attempting this on TA and TT this year :D it will give me something to work towards over the Christmas period!
Slayer1189
Slayer1189
Posted on 30 November 18 at 10:02
MineTrapCraft said:
The 10 year anniversary was too difficult because of the Y trophy, hope this is more attainable
If the previous year is anything to go by, this will be much more challenging than the 10 year anniversary.

10 year anniversary was just "Get a bunch of trophies starting with a certain letter". Y is actually a really easy letter because of all the "You're a star" or "You did it" trophy names.

Even in the Alphabet Challenge, Y is easy but X really only has a few valid trophies. If you already have the easy ones you need to take on a bigger challenge for that one.
minpinz23186
minpinz23186
Posted on 30 November 18 at 14:25
If they do decide to make us spell Xmas at some point, I predict a surge in sales for Semispheres and/or XPOSED. Hopefully, the event team will be nicer than that, though.
MadDogProskelion
Posted on 30 November 18 at 14:34
I've signed up, struggled a bit with Anniversary, but that was also because it was my first community challenge!
Any tips from last year?
minpinz23186
minpinz23186
Posted on 30 November 18 at 16:32
MadDogProskelion said:
I've signed up, struggled a bit with Anniversary, but that was also because it was my first community challenge!
Any tips from last year?
Have fun. Honestly, there are so many ways of playing these type of challenges, just go along for the ride and play it the way you want to. Some people really want to be the first done, others don't care. Some people plan it out obsessively, others don't. Some people set an extra personal challenge to not start any new games, other's don't. Each day a new challenge is released, but as long as they are completed in order, you can do them anytime during the month.

I would suggest that if you don't care about placement (and since there's no tangible reward for finishing early), lagging a few days behind can be helpful. For example, last year Day 9 was 9 action-adventure trophies, and Day 11 was 11 main storyline ones. By being behind, you'd know to maybe avoid the story ones in action-adventure games, and save them for later. But again, as long as you're having fun, you're doing it right.
TheIcemanKnows
Posted on 30 November 18 at 20:25, Edited on 30 November 18 at 20:25 by TheIcemanKnows
That time already? Well, let's give this a go once again :)
Bwoah, Leave Me Alone! I know What I'm Doing.
xStOnEhEaDx
xStOnEhEaDx
Posted on 30 November 18 at 22:53
Well it's gonna be a great december now.. was looking forward to this.
Zvetiki
Zvetiki
Posted on 01 December 18 at 12:42, Edited on 01 December 18 at 12:44 by Zvetiki
MadDogProskelion said:
Any tips from last year?
If you are not adversed to starting games freshly, I would suggest to make an account over at psnprofiles.com ("Heresy! Burn the traitor!" laugh) . They automatically track all games on your profile, not just those in which you have already earned trophies; you don't have to add the games manually to your collection like here. If you have dozens of unplayed games due to sales or PS+, this is quite useful for the challenges involving starting letters.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.