Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Fallout 76 Will Have a Whopping 51GB Day One Patch

• SoragoofSoragoof39,370
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 17:20
    Wow, that's massive. Hopefully it's a good sign that they are paying attention to feedback and fixing everything they can!!
    TA - KACG FeaR
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 November 18 at 17:26
    Soragoof said:
    Wow, that's massive. Hopefully it's a good sign that they are paying attention to feedback and fixing everything they can!!
    One good thing about Bethesda is they appear to listen to their community, but this really isn't good enough IMO.

If the game isn't ready it should have been delayed rather than releasing a Beta which was pre-Alpha state and then such a huge day 1 patch. I'd be sick as a pig if I opted for physical to then have to download a patch BIGGER than the game itself.

I'm a miserable old git though so maybe it just isn't that big a deal to some.
    Put your hands behind your knees and get down on your head now!
  • Posted on 12 November 18 at 17:31
    JoystiQz-_-z said:
    Soragoof said:
    One good thing about Bethesda is they appear to listen to their community, but this really isn't good enough IMO.

If the game isn't ready it should have been delayed rather than releasing a Beta which was pre-Alpha state and then such a huge day 1 patch. I'd be sick as a pig if I opted for physical to then have to download a patch BIGGER than the game itself.

You have a point, though. I understand they have patches and fixes ready, and aren't aware of some broken things, and try to get things dealt with asap.. But for a patch of this magnitude, you'd think they would be aware of such issues, especially for a "AAA" game.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 November 18 at 22:13
    Najinceil said:
    JoystiQz-_-z said:
    Soragoof said:

You have a point, though. I understand they have patches and fixes ready, and aren't aware of some broken things, and try to get things dealt with asap.. But for a patch of this magnitude, you'd think they would be aware of such issues, especially for a "AAA" game.
    Fully agree. I have no complaints with day one patches within reason. I'd imagine a huge percentage of them can't be helped. But as you say, day 1 of this size is really not acceptable of a triple a.
    Put your hands behind your knees and get down on your head now!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads