Game Discussion: Red Dead Redemption (PS3)

Important: If you have the retail version, and the retail version of "Undead N."

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 April 14 at 07:48, Edited on 07 April 14 at 07:50 by
    Just important to note, let's say you have the old retail version of RDR, and also the Retail version of Undead Nightmare (meaning, Undead Nightmare's on a disc by itself), make sure you install Red Dead, update it to the latest patch, then:

Make sure to install the Undead Nightmare disc, and choose not to update it when it asks you to. Only after it is finished installing from the disc, then you can choose to update it, by trying to play an online game.

Otherwise, you may end up in an endless cycle of console freezing/idling that could cause harm to your PS3 hard drive each time you shut it off, wondering why it "won't update".

Again, do not update the Undead Nightmare disc until after you first install Undead Nightmare to your PS3.
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive. twitter.com/shadow_enz
  • sternnsternn308,537
    Posted on 21 April 14 at 22:17
    I played Undead Nightmare without the main disc installed back in 2011, and had no issues. Did this come about from a firmware update?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 April 14 at 22:49
    sternn said:
    I played Undead Nightmare without the main disc installed back in 2011, and had no issues. Did this come about from a firmware update?
    No idea. All I know is, I tried to update the game when I first put the disc in, without installing the actual disc itself first. Some other games also have similar problems.
  • Posted on 22 April 14 at 22:17
    That's odd. Though it sucks you had to find out that way its nice to know you can save someone the grief.

I downloaded everything from PSN a while back but I haven't installed or updated anything yet. I wonder if its only the disc game that has that problem.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 April 14 at 14:03
    It should be a disc-only problem, as the disc version of games have to install data before you can play them (usually). I had a similar problem with Kane & Lynch 2.
  • AnubisAshAnubisAsh38,088
    Posted on 06 May 16 at 05:03
    Hmm. Looks like I might have to go for the GotY edition if I want to buy it. roll
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads