Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Telltale: Ex-Employee Lawsuit, Walking Dead's Final Season Removed From Store

• boldfox85boldfox85535,904
    Posted on 26 September 18 at 15:07
    I really want to play the game properly but I agree. This is far more important. All employees should be protected from this sort of treatment. And exactly what kind of pit have Telltale fallen into here? It sounds as if they have no money left at all? Could they not have gone into administration first? This sort of thing should not have been allowed to happen.
    GT: boldfoxrd
  • Posted on 26 September 18 at 16:46
    rdenton85 said:
    I really want to play the game properly but I agree. This is far more important. All employees should be protected from this sort of treatment. And exactly what kind of pit have Telltale fallen into here? It sounds as if they have no money left at all? Could they not have gone into administration first? This sort of thing should not have been allowed to happen.
    They've been in a financial wreck for well over a year. Sadly this is the reality of prestige studios that get critical success (and therefore heaps of investment) but not commercial success. It's happened before and probably won't be the last. Ninja Theory only scraped by with Hellblade because of investment outside of the industry and would likely have vanished if Microsoft hadn't stepped in.

Speaking of which... maybe Microsoft will step in...
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,153
    Posted on 26 September 18 at 19:17
    The vague announcement did mention the story being concluded "in some form". Perhaps that form will not be as a game, but an animated comic or video.
  • ScottishNubScottishNub1,962,968
    Posted on 26 September 18 at 21:54
    cry
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 September 18 at 22:05
    Seems highly unlikely that after this full staff layoff and previous investigations on unhealthy working conditions any kind of Telltale made game would be coming. And it seems difficult to save this company either since there's no employees left, only name and IP's. Selling IP's and letting some other studio finish probably would be only realistic option, since game tools and story [?] are there already. Or, like MonkeyBrad said, final steps would not be game at all. Interestingly though, Telltale decided to scrap their infamous toolset just this summer and swap it for Unity.
  • Posted on 27 September 18 at 20:49
    Feel bad that all these people lost their job and that sucks, but a law suit? really? What is wrong with people!?!? Working in that industry, you have to know it's always a possibility.
    Support https://www.odmp.org/
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 September 18 at 20:55
    Yeah, think that subject was substantial amount of unpaid overtimes and other financial dealings that didn't go as agreed. Also few hours notice before being fired without any severance pay or medical coverage seems to me pretty harsh.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 September 18 at 23:52, Edited on 27 September 18 at 23:54 by
    What a real shame this all is. I've loved TTs work for many years and to see it all ending so ugly and so public is heartbreaking! I imagine things are going to get a whole lot worse before they start to get better.

I wouldn't expect a conclusion to the final season of the walking dead until early 2019 if it ever does.
    Put your hands behind your knees and get down on your head now!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads