Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Spider-Man review

• Posted on 13 September 18 at 11:49
    It's great when a game lives up to its hype. There's no superhero better suited for video games than Spider-Man, and no one has even brought him and his world to life more impressively than Insomniac.

Please click here to read the full story: Spider-Man review
  • PlatypixPlatypix58,870
    Posted on 13 September 18 at 12:17
    Nice review !

I finished Spider-man yesterday and really enjoyed most aspects of the game.

I loved the the story, setting, graphics and most of all the traversal mechanics...I only used the subway to get the trophies!

I know this flies in the face of overwhelming opinion, but I really didn't enjoy the combat. I know it suits the character, but I felt like I was flying about like an out of control madman most of the time. I couldn't seem to get into a good rhythm like I did with the Arkham games.

That said, I strangely loved the boss battles although I feel like their should have been more of them spread throughout the game. Obviously, they need to hold back for the inevitable sequel.

The platinum was pretty straightforward, but I suggest keeping up with the random crimes that you need to get 100% or you will face hours of grind at the end.
  • Posted on 13 September 18 at 14:43
    Fantastic game. Kudos to Insomniac and Sony for another home run!
  • Posted on 13 September 18 at 18:36
    Completely agree with the review. I felt like a lot of the open-world side-content stuff got super repetitive (like any open-world/sandbox game), and at times they felt out of place in spidermans life, but I also don't /have/ to do them.

Great game, no regrets on my purchase.
  • Posted on 13 September 18 at 19:18
    So in addition to the Lego and Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, I've played:

Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 2
    Spider-Man 3
    Ultimate Spider-Man
    Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows
    Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
    Spider-Man: Edge of Time
    The Amazing Spider-Man
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I didn't expect the 10th Spider-Man game in this series to reinvent the wheel, but I am disappointed that it's so formulaic. I got bored last night after an hour because I don't feel like grinding bases and challenges to unlock the costumes I like, but at the same time I don't want to progress the story because then when I DO unlock the costumes I'll barely wear them before turning the game off.
  • ManuBAD_iTManuBAD_iT20,282
    Posted on 13 September 18 at 19:41
    +1

Nice review.
    Twitter: #emanuele_mauri | YouTube: #Play4Fun-TV | The Monk BAD iT™
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 September 18 at 00:16
    Very good review.

I was really worried that game was going to be a Batman clone and then just always be remembered as copying, but it's so beautifully presented and well done from what I've seen, I can't want to get hands on with this one.
    Put your hands behind your knees and get down on your head now!
  • Posted on 14 September 18 at 02:12
    What was worg give 4 out 5 5 out 5 thank it should got hers why reply side mission store you beat it on one stil hade how many horse or people put in.
    All updated
  • Posted on 15 September 18 at 07:15
    hellfiregod6666 said:
    What was worg give 4 out 5 5 out 5 thank it should got hers why reply side mission store you beat it on one stil hade how many horse or people put in.
    No, my auto translate has stopped working, don't understand a word of that.
  • a44Speciala44Special180,382
    Posted on 16 September 18 at 13:17
    The_Monk_BAD_iT said:
    +1

Nice review.
    Agreed
    All gave some, some gave all.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads