kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 10 September 18 at 14:36
Lurking on the edge of the spotlight

Please click here to read the story: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review
Teh_Paralyzer
Teh_Paralyzer
Posted on 10 September 18 at 14:44
I think it's safe to say any game with multiple underwater sections is already asking for people to be put off laugh
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 10 September 18 at 14:50
Teh_Paralyzer said:
I think it's safe to say any game with multiple underwater sections is already asking for people to be put off laugh
Right? laugh the thing is, they're not frustrating or technically broken like the most notorious underwater sections out there. They're just a bit boring.
Teh_Paralyzer
Teh_Paralyzer
Posted on 10 September 18 at 15:16
It could always be worse. Like making you look for air bubbles to breathe like Sonic. *Cough*DukeNukemForever*cough*

Or having you control water levels for different sections of a dungeon *cough*multiplefreakingZeldagames*cough*
Najinceil
Najinceil
Posted on 10 September 18 at 15:16
Excited to see more site reviews in future.

Even as a 3.5, that's still enough for me to buy a Tomb Raider game ;P
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 10 September 18 at 15:21
Najinceil said:

A 7's still a pretty good score as far as I'm concerned smile
Najinceil
Najinceil
Posted on 10 September 18 at 15:23
kintaris said:
Najinceil said:

A 7's still a pretty good score as far as I'm concerned smile
Yeah, truetrue. I guess a 3.5/5 feels a little lower than a 7/10 to me. Weird brain things.
PLATINBLAZE
PLATINBLAZE
Posted on 10 September 18 at 15:46
Come on BRUH...that cannot be right. Hmm...guess I'll find out myself soon anyway.
"A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 10 September 18 at 15:53
PLATINBLAZE said:
Come on BRUH...that cannot be right. Hmm...guess I'll find out myself soon anyway.
All opinions welcome of course. Please share yours once you've played it! smile
ItsKrista
ItsKrista
Posted on 10 September 18 at 17:51
Is there any sign of score attacks from rise or weird multiplayer?
What might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may, in fact, be the first steps of a journey.
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 10 September 18 at 18:17, Edited on 10 September 18 at 18:17 by kintaris
ItsKrista said:
Is there any sign of score attacks from rise or weird multiplayer?
Nothing MP in the base game. Whether they add anything is another matter, though as far as I'm aware the only planned additions are more challenge tombs and extra objectives on the existing tombs. So there could be some score attack content inbound in the coming months.
UlvenFenrir
UlvenFenrir
Posted on 10 September 18 at 21:14
Kinda bummed to see its getting mixed reviews. @kintaris does it improve upon rise of the tomb raider in any way? I thought rottr was kinda average. Was hoping shadow was at least better.
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 11 September 18 at 07:04
UlvenFenrir said:
Kinda bummed to see its getting mixed reviews. @kintaris does it improve upon rise of the tomb raider in any way? I thought rottr was kinda average. Was hoping shadow was at least better.
It really depends what you're after. If you were looking for more stealth and more polished traversal, sure. Prettier environments, definitely. But functionally it's very similar. I've seen reports that some people have found the challenge tombs to be more challenging this time around but I completed them all before writing and genuinely found them to be about as difficult as normal -- more opportunities to die, but the actual puzzles took the same amount of brain power.

I didn't review the previous two games, but I would probably peg all three of them at about the same score. I'd certainly struggle to score Shadow above Rise.
UlvenFenrir
UlvenFenrir
Posted on 11 September 18 at 10:00
Okay thanks dude
Platypix
Platypix
Posted on 11 September 18 at 17:21
I think I'm going to wait until this is under £20 to play it.

I enjoyed the other games enough, but there are lots of games I need to play first.
a44Special
a44Special
Posted on 16 September 18 at 13:16
I am enjoying it so far, but it feels very safe and similar comb aired to the previous two. They could have took some more risks.
All gave some, some gave all.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.