Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review

  • kintariskintaris100,369
  • Posted on 10 September 18 at 14:44
    I think it's safe to say any game with multiple underwater sections is already asking for people to be put off laugh
  • kintariskintaris100,369
    Posted on 10 September 18 at 14:50
    Teh_Paralyzer said:
    I think it's safe to say any game with multiple underwater sections is already asking for people to be put off laugh
    Right? laugh the thing is, they're not frustrating or technically broken like the most notorious underwater sections out there. They're just a bit boring.
  • Posted on 10 September 18 at 15:16
    It could always be worse. Like making you look for air bubbles to breathe like Sonic. *Cough*DukeNukemForever*cough*

    Or having you control water levels for different sections of a dungeon *cough*multiplefreakingZeldagames*cough*
  • CMDR-ZCMDR-Z604,026
    Posted on 10 September 18 at 15:16
    Excited to see more site reviews in future.

    Even as a 3.5, that's still enough for me to buy a Tomb Raider game ;P
  • kintariskintaris100,369
    Posted on 10 September 18 at 15:21
    Najinceil said:
    Excited to see more site reviews in future.

    Even as a 3.5, that's still enough for me to buy a Tomb Raider game ;P
    A 7's still a pretty good score as far as I'm concerned smile
  • CMDR-ZCMDR-Z604,026
    Posted on 10 September 18 at 15:23
    kintaris said:
    Najinceil said:
    Excited to see more site reviews in future.

    Even as a 3.5, that's still enough for me to buy a Tomb Raider game ;P
    A 7's still a pretty good score as far as I'm concerned smile
    Yeah, truetrue. I guess a 3.5/5 feels a little lower than a 7/10 to me. Weird brain things.
  • PLATINBLAZEPLATINBLAZE119,778
    Posted on 10 September 18 at 15:46
    Come on BRUH...that cannot be right. Hmm...guess I'll find out myself soon anyway.
    "A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
  • kintariskintaris100,369
    Posted on 10 September 18 at 15:53
    PLATINBLAZE said:
    Come on BRUH...that cannot be right. Hmm...guess I'll find out myself soon anyway.
    All opinions welcome of course. Please share yours once you've played it! smile
  • ItsKristaItsKrista409,540
    Posted on 10 September 18 at 17:51
    Is there any sign of score attacks from rise or weird multiplayer?
    What might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may, in fact, be the first steps of a journey.
  • kintariskintaris100,369
    Posted on 10 September 18 at 18:17, Edited on 10 September 18 at 18:17 by kintaris
    ItsKrista said:
    Is there any sign of score attacks from rise or weird multiplayer?
    Nothing MP in the base game. Whether they add anything is another matter, though as far as I'm aware the only planned additions are more challenge tombs and extra objectives on the existing tombs. So there could be some score attack content inbound in the coming months.
  • UlvenFenrirUlvenFenrir897,315
    Posted on 10 September 18 at 21:14
    Kinda bummed to see its getting mixed reviews. @kintaris does it improve upon rise of the tomb raider in any way? I thought rottr was kinda average. Was hoping shadow was at least better.
  • kintariskintaris100,369
    Posted on 11 September 18 at 07:04
    UlvenFenrir said:
    Kinda bummed to see its getting mixed reviews. @kintaris does it improve upon rise of the tomb raider in any way? I thought rottr was kinda average. Was hoping shadow was at least better.
    It really depends what you're after. If you were looking for more stealth and more polished traversal, sure. Prettier environments, definitely. But functionally it's very similar. I've seen reports that some people have found the challenge tombs to be more challenging this time around but I completed them all before writing and genuinely found them to be about as difficult as normal -- more opportunities to die, but the actual puzzles took the same amount of brain power.

    I didn't review the previous two games, but I would probably peg all three of them at about the same score. I'd certainly struggle to score Shadow above Rise.
  • UlvenFenrirUlvenFenrir897,315
    Posted on 11 September 18 at 10:00
    Okay thanks dude
  • PlatypixPlatypix61,073
    Posted on 11 September 18 at 17:21
    I think I'm going to wait until this is under £20 to play it.

    I enjoyed the other games enough, but there are lots of games I need to play first.
  • a44Speciala44Special97,846
    Posted on 16 September 18 at 13:16
    I am enjoying it so far, but it feels very safe and similar comb aired to the previous two. They could have took some more risks.
    All gave some, some gave all.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.