Game Discussion: Marvel's Spider-Man Forum

What difficulty are you playing on?

AuthorMessage
FPS_noob_2012
Posted on 07 September 18 at 11:30
I'm a couple of hours in playing on Spectacular difficulty. At the beginning, enemies were mailing me; I did not feel like Spider-Man. Now that I'm adjusting to the combat, the fights are over faster, and I still need to better leverage air combat.

That said, the speed with which even run-of-the-mill enemies can end Spider-Man make me wonder how significant late-game combat will be on Spectacular difficulty. I don't mind a challenge, but dying constantly won't make it feel like a Spider-Man game.

What difficulty are you playing on and why?
TrueTrophy
TrueTrophy
Posted on 07 September 18 at 12:10
I'm playing on easy because a) I don't have much time and there's a million games I have to play in the next 2 months, and b) I'm terrible at the timing needed for the fights in this game laugh
FPS_noob_2012
Posted on 07 September 18 at 13:59
Yeah; I may drop the difficulty soon.

In Arkham, my Batman goes untouched. In this game, my Spider-Man routinely gets obliterated by stick-up men and punks in the park.

The combat seems...off. Dodges still get you injured, trying to hold square to air launch enemies leaves you open to hits from the same enemies, and the focus finishers seem to register inconsistently; I've been killed while pushing triangle and circle more times than I can count.

Game crash didn't make me feel any warmer or fuzzier about it.

If it doesn't click for me in a few hours, I'll give up on getting-good.
Najinceil
Najinceil
Posted on 07 September 18 at 14:11
Normal difficulty. I feel like I made the right choice, because sometimes I forget that healing is even an option. I'm then promptly reminded by the red screen that I'm not doing so well.
FPS_noob_2012
Posted on 07 September 18 at 14:36
Just lost another fight; I air launched an enemy to get the finish in the air, but after he went airborne, hitting square again made me engage a different adjacent enemy on the ground rather than following the one I just launched into the air. That left me grounded and got me killed by a brute.

Increasingly, I'm not sure I'm the problem with this combat.
Najinceil
Najinceil
Posted on 07 September 18 at 15:16
FPS_noob_2012 said:
Just lost another fight; I air launched an enemy to get the finish in the air, but after he went airborne, hitting square again made me engage a different adjacent enemy on the ground rather than following the one I just launched into the air. That left me grounded and got me killed by a brute.

Increasingly, I'm not sure I'm the problem with this combat.
That's a shame. I had issues to begin with, but I can feel myself getting better and smoother with the combat now. Maybe it's a mixture of both?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.