Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PlayStation Plus Free Titles for September 2018: Destiny 2 and God of War III

• Posted on 29 August 18 at 17:51
    I wonder how Destiny 2 will work. They removed the base game off the store and replaced it with just Forsaken, so I guess they'll bring the base back on the store for PSPLUS? Even then, the game is basically campaign and some basic PVP which you'll be dominated, without having access to DLC content.

At this rate, D2 base should be a free trial, like the Telltale games with their episode 1's. To lure you in for all that DLC content.
  • TiawynTiawyn283,063
    Posted on 29 August 18 at 18:09
    wow, Destiny 2? was released a year ago and now is a free ps plus game?
  • PLATINBLAZEPLATINBLAZE363,775
    Posted on 29 August 18 at 18:12
    Destiny 2 dibs.
    "A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,151
    Posted on 29 August 18 at 18:24
    Hmm pass for me. Already own the two PS3 games (I recommend QUBE! Great little portal-esque game), Foul Play, and I played the heck out of destiny 2 on PC. Never played a GoW game; combat style doesn't really seem like my thing.
  • Posted on 29 August 18 at 18:33
    Its a great month even though i have completed one of the games ( another world )
  • strifekunstrifekun240,877
    Posted on 29 August 18 at 18:59
    Oh hey, pretty good month. Since I really loved the new God of War, I was debating going back and playing some of the older ones - now I get my chance.
  • PLATINBLAZEPLATINBLAZE363,775
    Posted on 29 August 18 at 21:12
    Somehow on the EU store you can already download DESTINY 2 in the PS PLUS section. 62GB!
    "A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
  • Posted on 29 August 18 at 21:27
    PLATINBLAZE said:
    Somehow on the EU store you can already download DESTINY 2 in the PS PLUS section. 62GB!
    D2 is available for everyone immediately. Guess it's because the trial for their new pvp mode is first of september, so letting everyone get the game a lil earlier helps them advertise it.
  • Posted on 29 August 18 at 23:08
    Thank Goodness I never bought GOW Remasterd. Phew!
  • Posted on 30 August 18 at 01:48
    I'm definitely not regretting my decision to buy a PS4 for sure. PS Plus tends to have a better offering of free games than Games with Gold does and I've had XBox consoles for nearly 10 years combined.
  • PuchtecaPuchteca216,691
    Posted on 30 August 18 at 02:29
    I'm not in the loop; is Destiny 2 a bad game? Odd that they'd give it away for free for a month.
  • strifekunstrifekun240,877
    Posted on 30 August 18 at 04:45, Edited on 30 August 18 at 04:46 by strifekun
    Anders_Fearer said:
    I'm not in the loop; is Destiny 2 a bad game? Odd that they'd give it away for free for a month.
    From what I heard/understand, Destiny 2 did really bad. It had a decent launch, but there was a huge lack of in game content and bugs and shit that made the player base drop the game. The reason that they're making it free is that they're about to release an expansion pack and this is a way for them to hopefully gain their player base back as well as drum up interest in their expansion.
  • Posted on 30 August 18 at 08:55
    strifekun said:
    Anders_Fearer said:
    From what I heard/understand, Destiny 2 did really bad. It had a decent launch, but there was a huge lack of in game content and bugs and shit that made the player base drop the game. The reason that they're making it free is that they're about to release an expansion pack and this is a way for them to hopefully gain their player base back as well as drum up interest in their expansion.
    Yeah. D2 was a love hate relationship. It has taken them almost this entire year to get it back to how it was meant to be, just like D1. They're working their butts off, though. This new expansion has more than enough content.

Either way, new big expansion and year 2 of DLC content ahead, so giving it away for free alongside a free trial of their new DLC only pvp mode, it's a good way to advertise and persuade people into either coming back, or newcomers into purchasing content.
  • ManuBAD_iTManuBAD_iT20,279
    Posted on 30 August 18 at 11:11
    Tiawyn said:
    wow, Destiny 2? was released a year ago and now is a free ps plus game?
    Epic fail?
    Twitter: #emanuele_mauri | YouTube: #Play4Fun-TV | The Monk BAD iT™
  • Posted on 30 August 18 at 14:51
    PistolMcAwesome said:
    I'm definitely not regretting my decision to buy a PS4 for sure. PS Plus tends to have a better offering of free games than Games with Gold does and I've had XBox consoles for nearly 10 years combined.
    Gotta say, I'm probably going to cancel my Xbox Gold for now. Almost none of the free games recently have interested me and a lot of the ones that do end up on PS Plus at some point anyway.
  • BloodySkyBloodySky632,625
    Posted on 30 August 18 at 20:31
    Already own Destiny 2. God of War III Remastered is okay, I guess. I platinum'd GoWIII on PS3, so I doubt I will do it again on PS4. Might just rush through it once on easy to get some quick trophies and be done with it (if I even bother with it again at all).

PS3 games don't look like my style, but will definitely be trying them out, regardless. You never know for sure until you try them out, right? Vita games look like they might be fun. Sparkle 2 looks like a Zuma knockoff, and I had some fun with that game, back in the day.

I love how all the games this month are cross-buy, so I can just easily play them all on my PS4.
    This Bloody Sky will reign.
  • Posted on 31 August 18 at 00:42
    This is quite a good month, although I must say that nothing here really appeals to me. I may give Destiny 2 a try but not sure I can really be bothered with it when there's still so many other shooters I really want to play more. God Of War is definitely not for me though.

I'll also give Q.U.B.E. and possibly Another World a go, along with Foul Play. I already have Sparkle 2 unfortunately - I really wanted Sparkle 1 instead!
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • Posted on 31 August 18 at 13:23
    Another destiny game? No thanks as hated the 1st 1
    Cloud
  • Posted on 02 September 18 at 01:07
    They released destiny 2 because of Forsaken coming out and they knew those of us on the fence would buy all the DLC and it heckin' worked
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads