Welcome

Come and introduce yourself

Hello All

• Posted on 30 March 14 at 16:11
    Hello,

I am new here to TrueTrophies, I found this website out through TrueAchievements. I have a pretty decent library of played games on my Xboxlive gamertag however I prefer to play my playstation 3 over that. So what are some good story, rpg, turnbase, RTS or adventure games for the PS3?
  • Funeral-WindFuneral-Wind178,146
    Posted on 30 March 14 at 19:59, Edited on 30 March 14 at 19:59 by Funeral-Wind
    Welcome. Love the name. KOTOR rocks.
  • Posted on 31 March 14 at 01:41
    Hey welcome.

If youre looking for a good rpg, try Tales of Symphonia. I haven't started my copy on ps3 yet, but I loved it back on the gamecube.
    Thash grape!
  • Posted on 31 March 14 at 06:16
    Welcome
    Find me more often on TA but ill be here, you've been warned :D
  • Posted on 31 March 14 at 12:37
    Hmm, I can't think of much (quality) for RTS or turn based strategy on PS3, but if you like tower defence then https://www.truetrophies.com/Savage-Moon-Veterans-Award....htm is pretty good.
    Under Siege is an RTS more or less but, I don't know, it has its qualities and its faults. There's no base building and the enemy rarely charges at you, so basically you control your deployed troops and try and take the map/objectives without losing too many (as you keep them for the next mission). There is however troop upgrading and purchasing between missions so the strategy element is still present.

Anyway, welcome, hope to see you around!
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 31 March 14 at 20:22
    Welcome to TT, good to have you with us! wave

Would have been a little easier knowing which games you already have in those categories, but a few that spring to mind would include: the Tales series, including Symphonia and Xillia, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Nier, Mass Effect series, Resonance of Fate, Dragon's Dogma, Skyrim, Fallout, Ni No Kuni, Kingdoms of Amalur, Alpha Protocol..... err... I guess you can add Valkyria Chronicles to that too, though never played it myself.

Really you can just do a quick search around the net, and I'm sure you'll spot many of the same titles being mentioned as highly recommended.
  • Posted on 01 April 14 at 01:13
    I've put in over 60 hours in Final Fantasy X and I'm maybe about half done. But its my fourth favorite title in the series and I know some people just don't like anything Square Enix but its awesome. The International Edition has a few minor changes as well. As others said Tales games are always fun even if they aren't turn based.
  • Posted on 01 April 14 at 16:59
    JediKnight-Revan said:
    Hello,

I am new here to TrueTrophies, I found this website out through TrueAchievements. I have a pretty decent library of played games on my Xboxlive gamertag however I prefer to play my playstation 3 over that. So what are some good story, rpg, turnbase, RTS or adventure games for the PS3?
    Since you've just finished, FFX , I would say Tales of Xillia and the, soon to be released Drakengard 3. I've played the JP version of Drakengard 3 (on a different PSN ID), and it is a treat. It is an action RPG, though, rather than turn based. Tales of Xillia is a great turn based RPG with a strong story.
  • Posted on 01 April 14 at 22:05
    Dur. I didn't think to check if he or she had played Final Fantasy X yet. Revan have you played Disgaea titles before?
  • workplaydieworkplaydie113,058
    Posted on 02 April 14 at 17:55
    I enjoyed Eternal sonata and Resonance of fate
  • Posted on 03 April 14 at 00:31
    Allgorhythm said:
    Since you've just finished, FFX , I would say Tales of Xillia and the, soon to be released Drakengard 3. I've played the JP version of Drakengard 3 (on a different PSN ID), and it is a treat. It is an action RPG, though, rather than turn based. Tales of Xillia is a great turn based RPG with a strong story.
    You've played and like Drakengard 3? Have you played 1 or 2 and how do they compare?

Sorry if this is getting off topic, but I was a huge fan of Drakengard and I am super excited for Drakengard 3!
    Thash grape!
  • Posted on 03 April 14 at 01:13
    IMHO, Drakengard 3 is the best of three outstanding games. It is a very beautiful game even though it is 720p rather than 1080p.

I haven't played it much yet because there's been so much going on. Once I finish Thief, I'll give it my undivided attention.

I, also, just joined True Trophies. I've been an enthusiastic supporter of True Achievements for almost three years. On the PS3, Vita, and PS4; I've used quite a few PSN IDs. I'm using this PSN ID because it is the same as my True Achievements Gamer Tag. I need to build it up so I'll replay Lightning Returns and Thief on it as well as restarting Drakengard 3--the JP name is Drag-On Dragoon 3. I really want to pay attention because there are supposed to be some revelations regarding Nier.

Drakengard 3 was supposed to be a sequel to Drakengard 1 and 2. However, the development took off on a tangent and ended up as Nier, another game I enthusiastically recommend. This Drakengard 3 is a prequel to Drakengard 1 and 2. Like I said earlier, as good as the first two games were, in my opinion, this is even better.
  • xEl_CidxxEl_Cidx218,023
    Posted on 03 April 14 at 20:56
    Welcome aboard!
  • Posted on 03 April 14 at 21:02
    xEl_Cidx said:
    Welcome aboard!
    Thanks--Good to be here.
  • Posted on 03 April 14 at 21:36
    o.o Why don't you make an introduction thread for yourself...?
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 03 April 14 at 23:26
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    o.o Why don't you make an introduction thread for yourself...?
    I'm a big fan of True Achievements which is one of two reasons I'm here. The other is I haven't been playing the PS3 and the PS4 as much as I'd like so I thought this might be a way of giving them equal time. My game of choice is a Japanese language RPG--I speak, read, and write Japanese. What better way to study than to play a game?

Whereas I've played quite a few PS3 games, I have neglected my Vita which I've had since launch. A few months ago, I got a Vita TV. It's a VITA without a screen, smaller than an iPhone. It hooks up to a TV or monitor with an HDMI cable and you can hook up a regular PS3 controller through a USB port. As a result, a game like Oboro Muramasa that looks great on a regular Vita is spectacular on the big screen. The fact that you can play with a regular controller adds to the experience. I plan on writing a review. Right now, it's been released only in Japan but I'm hoping it will make its way to North America and Europe.

Even though I've favored the 360 for the last two and a half years, before that, I was playing the PS3 almost exclusively. I am, more or less, console neutral preferring that the games take center stage rather than the console. In fact, when I'm asked which I prefer--Playstation or XBox--my immediate response is always, "Sega".

My favorite game is Phantasy Star II and my tag is a play on PSII's Algo System. Although this PSN ID hasn't been used much, it's the same as my gamertag on True Achievements. So, I have my work cut out for me.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads