Gaming News Forum

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Limited Run Reel Off a Huge List of Physical Editions

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 12 June 18 at 14:54
Could these be the last physical Vita games to go on your shelf?

Please click here to read the story: Limited Run Reel Off a Huge List of Physical Editions
DuwenUK
DuwenUK
Posted on 13 June 18 at 14:20
Could these be the last PlayStation Vita games ever to grace our shelves?
Maybe, but unlikely:
• There are still some major releases from Atlas to come (the P3/P5 dancing games and Catherine)
• Playasia/Asiasoft are releasing a steady stream of physical Vita titles
• The Japanese market will continue to see releases into at least 2020
Prem-aka-Prince
Posted on 13 June 18 at 15:50
DuwenUK said:
Could these be the last PlayStation Vita games ever to grace our shelves?
• The Japanese market will continue to see releases into at least 2020
At which point they will look back and say "Hang on, why did we think that was a good idea? Oh well, hindsight is..."
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 13 June 18 at 17:55
Well sure, I meant more that for some players these could well be the last they pick up (especially if they're less interested in Eastern releases). Just a moment of sad reflection rather than a direct question laugh
Tiawyn
Tiawyn
Posted on 13 June 18 at 19:00
also The House in Fata Morgana will be Limited Run's first digital game. they are localizing the game and releasing it both physically and digitally.
BurnedChipmunk
Posted on 13 June 18 at 23:20
Iconoclasts and Spelunky both physical for Vita, they'll definitely be on my "to buy" list. Do love the support LRG gives for the Vita. It's kept my system very much alive for years now.
DuwenUK
DuwenUK
Posted on 14 June 18 at 13:12
Prem-aka-Prince said:
At which point they will look back and say "Hang on, why did we think that was a good idea? Oh well, hindsight is..."
The Vita is massively popular in Japan - nowhere near the popularity of the 3DS, but compared to other regions it was a success. If it's sales had performed there as they did in other territories we would've been having this discussion years ago.

I'm quite happy to continue to support anyone still bringing titles to the system - although not many of these particular Limited Run titles appeal to me as titles I must own physically... and I generally opt for a physical release over digital wherever possible.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.