Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Editing Current Goals

• darkjian92darkjian922,033,370
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 15:18
    I’ve been working toward the goal of 100%ing a certain number of games this year, and was reviewing it to find that I’m approaching the goal I’d set myself much quicker than I expected.

I was hoping for a way to extend (or contract) goals that leave the initial date intact so you can still look at the percentages as if the larger or smaller goal was set from that initial date, shifting the goalposts so to speak while keeping the overall timeline intact.

Is this realistic, or desirable to anyone else?
    Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela. (To the success of our hopeless task.) - Russian Proverb DJ
  • Posted on 03 March 18 at 11:01
    I can't speak for the coding side but from a user perspective I would love more control over goals, e.g. to set fixed targets rather than moving ones, maybe some graphs showing progress over time, and like you said the ability to scale back/forward the time dates at either end.

In the meantime though, whenever I beat a goal faster than expected (well done by the way), I take the win and plot out the next one with a higher bar. Maybe a little less modest the next time, so there's a little jeapordy. On the plus side the history list of completed goals comes in handy then, because if you manage to complete both then they will sit nearby on the list and form an informal chain.

A lot more could be done with goals really but sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few who loves them and uses them constantly. Glad to hear you're enjoying them too

tl;dr I like this too and hope it's something that would be possible
    This is where the cards live
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads