Film and TV

For discussions on upcoming films, films in general, TV shows and the like

What anime are you watching?

• Posted on 18 February 14 at 07:40
    Hoping there are some anime fans here. I've always watched, but recently (the past two or three years), I've really started to delve into the culture.

Just started and finished Broken Blade yesterday. It was wonderful. The second half felt off on the plot side of things, but the mecha battles only got better. The soundtrack was very unique and set a great mood.

Now I've started Blue Exorcist, which I'm enjoying. Gives me a Soul Eater vibe, a show I was okay with.
    My current baby is Log Horizon. I can't get enough of that show and itch for the next episode to come out. It really satisfies an itch Sword Art Online just didn't scratch.

Tons more on my queue that I'll get to eventually.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 February 14 at 12:58
    Mitchiko & Hatchin, The Platinum Collection of Neon Genesis Evangelion (again XD), and the Cowboy Bebop remix again.

Sometimes re-watching oldies is good XD
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive
  • Posted on 17 April 14 at 08:06
    I am currently watching No Game, No life and finally catching up with the last few episodes of Attack on Titan.

I'm also re-watching some old animes such as Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Lucky Star, No.6 and Panty&Stocking. ^_^
  • xZoneHunterxZoneHunter1,013,405
    Posted on 25 April 14 at 19:41
    watching this season. (in order good --> less good (bad))
    - no game no life
    - Black bullet
    - Chaika: coffin princess
    - Blade & soul
    - soul eat NOT
    - selector infected
    Might pick up some more animes along the way.
    Watching from "the backlog"
    - Date a live
    - Baccano!
    - school days.
    I like to watch alot of shows at the same time, keeps every show fresh! (unless it's really good then i marathon all eps in on day xD)
    [URL=http://psnprofiles.com/xZoneHunter][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/xZoneHunter.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • Posted on 17 May 14 at 09:09
    I watched Attack on Titan and am quite certain I will never enjoy another anime quite the same! At least there's the manga!

Runners up: Shigurui, Gungrave
  • Posted on 03 July 14 at 04:04
    Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop. There are no others.
  • GeorgeGiannoGeorgeGianno801,367
    Posted on 05 November 14 at 08:22, Edited on 05 November 14 at 08:22 by GeorgeGianno
    Berserk was the last that I saw almost 3 years ago.
  • Vi-HeartVi-Heart517,410
  • Posted on 26 December 15 at 16:07
    I used to be a huge anime fan but haven't watched any in a long time. I remember Gundam 00 as one of the first HD animes and it was beautiful, but soon after that I fell out with it.
    Earlier this week I was bored and had a browse through the crunchyroll newsletter (I don't know why I didn't unsubscribe from that a long time ago) when I saw there's a new gundam, and the image was a gritty war-torn setting which reminded me of Setsuna F. Seiei child soldier in the Middle-East.

I've now binge watched the 12 episodes released to date and I would say I'm reasonably enjoying it. The animation is still good, though there are hardly any moments of beauty, and with only one Gundam in the show it hardly has the ensemble cast of 00 or Wing before it. Still, the other characters in the team are fairly interesting, and there are many other generic Mobile Suits, so I'm hoping the action will ramp up in time. They also haven't yet successfully established a Big Bad like those shows did, which is a shame. Will have to wait and see with this one, I'm not sure if there will be a mid-season break after episode 13.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 May 16 at 18:49
    Currently watching Ghost in the Shell 'Stand Alone Complex'.
    Gamers don't die, we respawn!
  • NomstuffNomstuff79,025
    Posted on 22 August 16 at 16:40
    Psychic Detective Yakumo.
    http://raptr.com/badge/Nomsheep/fs_overall.png
  • Posted on 23 August 16 at 12:55, Edited on 23 August 16 at 12:56 by Prem-aka-Prince
    I'm watching Inazuma Eleven, a Shonen anime about football with all the anime flare of something like Bleach, One Piece, or Naruto, with special moves and characterful baddies, tournaments and rivalries.
    It's free on the Nintendo Anime Channel on 3DS so I decided to give it a try and am enjoying it far more than I ever could have expected.
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads