Community Events Forum

Forum for the Winter Olympics 2018 Contest

Winter Olympics 2018 - Discussion

AuthorMessage
WebChimp
Posted on 07 February 18 at 12:19
A place to discuss the Winter Olympics 2018 event.
StingX2
StingX2
Posted on 07 February 18 at 20:48
I'm hoping for curling
nifkinn
nifkinn
Posted on 08 February 18 at 18:12
i am a bit confused with the explanations from the 2 challenges that run through the entire competition. the explanation in the faq is differently then the one that is given underneath the badges or do i just read it wrong ??
StuTheChief
StuTheChief
Posted on 08 February 18 at 21:07, Edited on 08 February 18 at 21:09 by StuTheChief
nifkinn said:
i am a bit confused with the explanations from the 2 challenges that run through the entire competition. the explanation in the faq is differently then the one that is given underneath the badges or do i just read it wrong ??
Hi Nifkinn

We are aware that the descriptions for challenges 1 and 2 are currently displaying incorrectly under the badges in the hub.

On top of this, the leaderboard for challenge 1 is currently being calculated by the amount of TT score obtained when this should be by the trophy with the highest TT score.

I have been advised that a developer is working on this and will be fixed tomorrow smile
PMD_E1337Pete
PMD_E1337Pete
Posted on 09 February 18 at 00:55
StuTheChief said:
Hi Nifkinn

We are aware that the descriptions for challenges 1 and 2 are currently displaying incorrectly under the badges in the hub.

On top of this, the leaderboard for challenge 1 is currently being calculated by the amount of TT score obtained when this should be by the trophy with the highest TT score.

I have been advised that a developer is working on this and will be fixed tomorrow smile
Thanks Stu and team!
Hi-Ed
Hi-Ed
Posted on 09 February 18 at 01:13
benh57 said:
Started 'Biathalon', but it didn't progress to "I" after getting Bad Boss trophy.

So i then clicked 'rebuild' which i didn't realize would still not credit me for that B since it now shows not even started. Any way to fix it?
Same thing happened to me with the "Achievement Slalom" challenge. I didn't notice that when I clicked the "start challenge" button (or whatever) it gave me an "are you sure?" dialogue. I did 2 trophies for the challenge before I realized I never actually joined it. Oh well.

(Not sure if this is the reason you had this problem.)
UberniXi
UberniXi
Posted on 09 February 18 at 06:25
Okay, so reading the rules on the first page for "Chair Lift", I just want to clarify:

It won't disqualify you and make you restart the challenge if you don't get an achievement that's 0.4 or greater after unlocking your first one, but the challenge will continue on when I do unlock the next achievement with 0.4 or greater and continue on from there?
WebChimp
Posted on 09 February 18 at 13:27
UberniXi said:
Okay, so reading the rules on the first page for "Chair Lift", I just want to clarify:

It won't disqualify you and make you restart the challenge if you don't get an achievement that's 0.4 or greater after unlocking your first one, but the challenge will continue on when I do unlock the next achievement with 0.4 or greater and continue on from there?
Yes, that's correct. It's fine to earn trophies that don't have a TT Ratio of more than 0.4, they just won't be attributed to the challenge unless they do have a TT Ratio of 0.4 or more. smile
WebChimp
Posted on 09 February 18 at 13:34
Hi-Ed said:
benh57 said:
Started 'Biathalon', but it didn't progress to "I" after getting Bad Boss trophy.

So i then clicked 'rebuild' which i didn't realize would still not credit me for that B since it now shows not even started. Any way to fix it?
Same thing happened to me with the "Achievement Slalom" challenge. I didn't notice that when I clicked the "start challenge" button (or whatever) it gave me an "are you sure?" dialogue. I did 2 trophies for the challenge before I realized I never actually joined it. Oh well.

(Not sure if this is the reason you had this problem.)
Thanks for letting us know. The rebuild panel wasn't actually supposed to be there, so that's our fault... cry

If you can let me know the trophies you started with (and you haven't started any other challenges yet) I can look at rerunning these through for you. Drop me a PM. toast
Nelson-Hellier
Posted on 09 February 18 at 15:22
I'm really enjoying this one so far.

I just happened to have a day off work yesterday when it started, and may have gone a bit overboard with the Cross Country Skiing challenge.
PMD_E1337Pete
PMD_E1337Pete
Posted on 09 February 18 at 19:35
I'm also having trouble with Biathlon.

I wanted to do T and H with "Thanks for Playing" and "Heartbeat" (the platinum) in Celeste. "Thanks for Playing" was my last trophy in the game and it counted correctly. "Heartbeat" did not. Is it because they probably have the same timestamp?
UberniXi
UberniXi
Posted on 09 February 18 at 21:17, Edited on 09 February 18 at 21:48 by UberniXi
Oh man. I screwed up Chair Lift. Wish we had one free re-try, ha. Definitely hard with having to plan very carefully. I had forgotten I started the challenge and worked on something else which kinda made it impossible for me to continue, based upon limited choices. Whoops. I suppose that I could have continued, but it would have led to me having to sink a lot of time into it, and I would have had to go into more difficult higher ratios. I know we've got a lot of time to complete these challenges, but I want to be able to attempt them all.

Going to try to spell BIATHLON. I'm half way through this challenge on TA. Might as well start it here! I guess this is a lesson to learn for when I attempt chair lift on TA!
PMD_E1337Pete
PMD_E1337Pete
Posted on 09 February 18 at 23:31
PMD_E1337Pete said:
I'm also having trouble with Biathlon.

I wanted to do T and H with "Thanks for Playing" and "Heartbeat" (the platinum) in Celeste. "Thanks for Playing" was my last trophy in the game and it counted correctly. "Heartbeat" did not. Is it because they probably have the same timestamp?
So now I've completed Biathlon but there's still no one listed on the leaderboard.
StingX2
StingX2
Posted on 10 February 18 at 01:39
Also finished Biathlon, got the news feed but no dice on leaderboard
nifkinn
nifkinn
Posted on 10 February 18 at 08:23
i noticed my view valid trophies button is not updating anymore for the cross country skiing. it still gives me the trophies with an R even though above the button it says i need one with an S ??
Hi-Ed
Hi-Ed
Posted on 10 February 18 at 15:06
Just noticed that the leaderboards in the contest hub shows my state flag instead of my country flag, ignoring my flag setting. Not a huge deal but I really don't like my state's flag.
OathkeeperRoxas_
Posted on 10 February 18 at 23:12
Got the Onwards! trophy in star wars battlefront for O in challenge 4 and it hasn't counted towards the challenge :(
PeeMcPee
PeeMcPee
Posted on 11 February 18 at 00:41
OathkeeperRoxas_ said:
Got the Onwards! trophy in star wars battlefront for O in challenge 4 and it hasn't counted towards the challenge :(
I suspect that's because only trophies that begin and end with letters count -! is a problem
OathkeeperRoxas_
Posted on 11 February 18 at 01:24
PeeMcPee said:
OathkeeperRoxas_ said:
I suspect that's because only trophies that begin and end with letters count -! is a problem
Ugh so lame if that's correct!
StingX2
StingX2
Posted on 11 February 18 at 04:14
Yeah all ! and ? don't count
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.