Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Playstation Announces Server Shutdowns for Nine Titles

• PunkyliarPunkyliar63,830
  • davem300490davem300490466,872
    Posted on 03 January 18 at 18:23
    Huh. Oh well, Is there any online trophies for GT6? There doesn't appear to be does there?
    Walkthrough Manager. General all round nice guy
  • Posted on 03 January 18 at 18:44, Edited on 03 January 18 at 18:44 by Shadow_Kisuragi
    In the article, for GT6:
    Most importantly, though, no trophies will be affected by the closure.
  • davem300490davem300490466,872
    Posted on 03 January 18 at 18:54
    Shadow_Kisuragi said:
    In the article, for GT6:
    Most importantly, though, no trophies will be affected by the closure.
    I should of maybe read that laugh. I just quick read it smile, is that even a valid excuse?
    Walkthrough Manager. General all round nice guy
  • Posted on 03 January 18 at 19:36
    Wow nice, comprehensive article! Such a shame about all of these - well a lot of them are unsurprising. Killzone 2 and 3 are very old and even the PS4 sequel is getting old, and Wipeout PS3 and Vita were old and battered even before they made them completely obsolete with a 4K/VR current gen combination port. GT6 is a lot newer but it's PS3 and GT Sport is in the spotlight now so it's not unreasonable.
    Anyway better start thinking about finishing 2048 before it's too late...
    This is where the cards live
  • ScottishNubScottishNub1,035,125
    Posted on 03 January 18 at 20:48
    Damn I was going thinking about going for the platinum in dcuo
  • Posted on 03 January 18 at 21:04
    So, which Platinum trophies will be impossible to get?
  • Posted on 03 January 18 at 21:23
    Everything but GT6, EyePet & Friends, Gravity Rush 2 and Demon's Souls.
    Ace Combat Infinity does not have a Platinum, but will be Discontinued entirely.
  • Posted on 03 January 18 at 21:28
    Shadow_Kisuragi said:
    Everything but GT6, EyePet & Friends, Gravity Rush 2 and Demon's Souls.
    Ace Combat Infinity does not have a Platinum, but will be Discontinued entirely.
    You forgot Knack, looks like no trophies were affected for it. Thanks for answering, though.
  • Posted on 03 January 18 at 21:34, Edited on 03 January 18 at 21:34 by Shadow_Kisuragi
    ...Knack was for the companion app, not the game. But, yes, it doesn't have an impact on the trophies.
  • CyanaxCyanax102,040
    Posted on 03 January 18 at 23:24
    I wonder if it's even possible for me to find people for the 8 player trophy in WipeoutHD?
    Pretend inferiority and encourage their arrogance.
  • Posted on 04 January 18 at 00:09
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    Wow nice, comprehensive article! Such a shame about all of these - well a lot of them are unsurprising. Killzone 2 and 3 are very old and even the PS4 sequel is getting old, and Wipeout PS3 and Vita were old and battered even before they made them completely obsolete with a 4K/VR current gen combination port. GT6 is a lot newer but it's PS3 and GT Sport is in the spotlight now so it's not unreasonable.
    Anyway better start thinking about finishing 2048 before it's too late...
    Ye Im looking to put boosting group together Wipeout 2048 in near future, maybe next week on PSNprofiles......hoping to get 8 PPL together so would NT have to deal with random players
  • Posted on 04 January 18 at 00:13
    Also while these might Be old, many Xbox 360 games ( Gears 1, Forza2, Halo3) are Even older (over 10 years,) and all their servers are still Running.....
  • Posted on 04 January 18 at 02:26
    Thankfully I knocked out the Killzone 2&3 multiplayer 3 years ago as I knew the day would come eventually.
    I also played Wipeout 2048 late last year so have the majority of that done now too, although now I need to make the decision whether or not to try complete the multiplayer campaign...I'm probably more than halfway but the thought of playing more of it online turns me cold.
    So looks like Wipeout HD is the only title that will affect me really now - I'm not fussed if I don't get a couple of the online trophies since I will never platinum the game anyway, but will probably look to get a handful of them in Feb when I'll have more time.

The Uncharted series worries me now also - I haven't played an Uncharted game but have been planning to, so maybe I'd better look at the multiplayer trophies in that pretty shorty, just in case...
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • Posted on 04 January 18 at 15:23
    What 9 trophy will re place this trophy Can't without adding two games killzone 1 2 3 should keep and season pass and dint think did will inf 2 son dint did w and not shur 3 and 4 for games ?
    All updated
  • Posted on 04 January 18 at 15:26
    Game i love in ps story darksoul1 wicher 2
    All updated
  • dein-opa1dein-opa172,603
    Posted on 04 January 18 at 19:08
    I'm currently trying to get into a group for getting WipEout 2048 done (missing some single nodes from Online Campaign 11 and all of them from Campaign 18 onwards) and simultanousely playing the hell out of Ace Combat Infinity to get this lone gold trophy there into the earned coloumn before it's too late!

Uncharted has me worrying now as well... :/
  • Posted on 04 January 18 at 20:54
    Regarding Wipeout:
    HD online trophies are pretty easy to get, you can boost most with one friend and even then doesn't take much time. The 8 player trophy may seem difficult, but set up game sessions here on TT and ask your friends to join, I'm sure you won't have too much trouble. I helped a friend to complete his group just the other day, though I got the trophy back in 2010.

2048 on the other hand is a pain, you need minimum 4 players to get an event going and I don't think there are any private lobbies. Since the servers may get crowded again you'd probably need 8 people to hold down a full lobby, but the problem with that is the absurd number of 'finish 1st' requirements or 'hit two specific players' etc. Plus you need to complete over 200 nodes. It's as time consuming as it is extraordinarily dull...
    This is where the cards live
  • Salt_AUSalt_AU395,651
    Posted on 05 January 18 at 04:47
    Thank you for this information Rebecca, really appreciated!
  • NismoR033NismoR03374,509
    Posted on 05 January 18 at 10:59
    Balnazzardi said:
    Also while these might Be old, many Xbox 360 games ( Gears 1, Forza2, Halo3) are Even older (over 10 years,) and all their servers are still Running.....
    All of those 360 games you mentioned don't run on servers, they are peer-to-peer. That's why they still work. Same for other older games from back then like GRAW and Saints Row.

This news for the most part doesn't affect me. I have the online Trophies in Wipeout HD already and I can get the Platinum in GT6 (which I'm working on now). I am however concerned about Wipeout 2048. I always wanted a Vita but every time I was going to get one, something else got in the way and prevented it. I still want one now but I'm not so sure I will be able to get one and the game, let alone actually get started on the online, in time. Especially when you can no longer buy them brand new here in Australia (seemingly). So unless I can find a Vita for a good price in the near future, I'm probably going to miss out on this Platinum. Oh well, can't have them all and obviously I have had plenty of time to get a Vita so in a way it is my own fault, but one can only buy so much as well. Might just be one of those things, unfortunately.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.