Community Events Forum

Forum for the Twelve Days of Christmas Contest

Twelve Days Of Christmas Challenge Discussion

AuthorMessage
TrueTrophy
TrueTrophy
Posted on 01 December 17 at 14:54
Please use this thread to discuss the Twelve Days of Christmas Challenge!
minpinz23186
Posted on 01 December 17 at 16:47
I can't wait - just 12 minutes to go!
Perfect_Sinn
Perfect_Sinn
Posted on 01 December 17 at 18:45
on the first challange im sure players know the answer to this but i am a little confused ,what is classed as base game trophys? dose this not mean all game trophies exept for DLC ? in that case its telling me to go and get 100% or a platinum lol
defiines
defiines
Posted on 01 December 17 at 18:54
Does any game count?
Perfect_Sinn
Perfect_Sinn
Posted on 01 December 17 at 19:02
and another question, if i dont complete this challange on the day dose that mean i lost the chance to finish that challange and move onto the next day, or do i have to complete the challange and the move on reguardless of how many days im behind ?
minpinz23186
Posted on 01 December 17 at 20:29
The FAQ is up, which may answer some of the questions: Twelve Days Of Christmas FAQ

For what's been asked - yes, any game counts, and it means the trophies originally released as part of the game, no DLC. And you have all month to work on this, but you can't make progress on the challenge for Day 2 until the challenge for Day 1 is completed.
Grinhorn
Grinhorn
Posted on 01 December 17 at 20:51
How is leaderboard sorted when the number of completed challenges is the same?
Thought it would be time based, but it seems it is not.
ScottishNub
ScottishNub
Posted on 01 December 17 at 21:54
I would recommend any of the arcade archive games shame there £6 tho
Mazrel
Mazrel
Posted on 02 December 17 at 02:11
If I were to get trophies before the next challenge unlocked, would it count towards that challenge since they were unlocked in the time period of the event?
Zvetiki
Zvetiki
Posted on 02 December 17 at 07:34
Grinhorn said:
It may be by time of registration. I just now completed my challenge and am sorted on the 11th rank, although apparently 53 people have completed the challenge before me.
Perfect_Sinn
Perfect_Sinn
Posted on 02 December 17 at 14:38
For what's been asked - yes, any game counts, and it means the trophies originally released as part of the game, no DLC. And you have all month to work on this, but you can't make progress on the challenge for Day 2 until the challenge for Day 1 is completed.
cool this makes things very clear to me now lol thanks
Grinhorn
Grinhorn
Posted on 02 December 17 at 14:49
Zvetiki said:
Grinhorn said:
It may be by time of registration. I just now completed my challenge and am sorted on the 11th rank, although apparently 53 people have completed the challenge before me.
Maybe it should be changed to time based related to completion of the last challenge or something else.
AtsumaKarin
AtsumaKarin
Posted on 02 December 17 at 14:54
Yeah, it looks to be time of registration. I agree, it should be changed to order of completion. Well, number of challenges completed, then order of completion. I suppose registration time for any with 0. smile
Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
ladynadiad
ladynadiad
Posted on 02 December 17 at 22:07
Is there a way to withdraw from the event? After seeing the second challenge I won't be participating and would rather remove it off my profile and am not seeing a way to do so.
DragonBlazed
DragonBlazed
Posted on 03 December 17 at 00:43
Perfect_Sinn said:
For what's been asked - yes, any game counts, and it means the trophies originally released as part of the game, no DLC. And you have all month to
work on this, but you can't make progress on the challenge for Day 2 until the challenge for Day 1 is completed.
cool this makes things very clear to me now lol thanks
Damn. That stinks, I just started a game and popped the two online trophies. I figured that when it was said you have all month to complete the challenges, you would be able to do them in any order.

Knowing is half the battle.
Game On!!!
Zvetiki
Zvetiki
Posted on 03 December 17 at 08:04
Interesting discrepancy: Over on TA, out of 4769 participants, 916 (19%) have completed the first two challenges, 719 (15%) more the first one. Here, out of 490 participants, 60 (12%) have completed the first two challenges, 60 more the first one.

The difference in numbers of participants was to be expected; I'm interested to see how the completion percentages will develop.
Majerus91
Majerus91
Posted on 03 December 17 at 08:34
If challenge one says previous games count then I should have earned that one. Unless previous games count only if you finish in december. I have 4 platinums. Obviously the base trophies have been completed for 4 games. As for the second I dont really understand. Earn two in veruses? So mulitplayer basically right? I just unlocked two in Resident Evil 2 mulitplayer mode. Yet. My status on the challenge say nothing completed yet.
What is man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live. The tales we tell ourselves.
Grinhorn
Grinhorn
Posted on 03 December 17 at 10:07
Majerus91 said:
If challenge one says previous games count then I should have earned that one. Unless previous games count only if you finish in december. I have 4 platinums. Obviously the base trophies have been completed for 4 games. As for the second I dont really understand. Earn two in veruses? So mulitplayer basically right? I just unlocked two in Resident Evil 2 mulitplayer mode. Yet. My status on the challenge say nothing completed yet.
Previously started games count. That means you don't have to begin a game from the scratch, but the last trophy has to be earned after the challenge began.
For the 2nd challenge: You can click on "view valid trophies" and see, wich trophies in your games do count.
defiines
defiines
Posted on 03 December 17 at 14:25
Looks like the icons next to the trophies/games under each challenge are incorrect. I'm seeing gamer pics from trueachievements instead of the respective game/trophy icon from PS. The image URL is showing trueachievements.com as well.
Kittet3
Kittet3
Posted on 04 December 17 at 02:45
defiines said:
Looks like the icons next to the trophies/games under each challenge are incorrect. I'm seeing gamer pics from trueachievements instead of the respective game/trophy icon from PS. The image URL is showing trueachievements.com as well.
^ I'm also getting the 'Xbox Sales Hub' box on the right side of my screen when I view contest pages, so there is some odd overlap happening
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.