Game Discussion: Birthdays the Beginning

WARNING - PLATINUM GLITCHED

• Posted on 04 November 17 at 18:07
    PLATINUM TROPHY GLITCHED - this has sadly been confirmed by NISAmerica on twitter that the issue is un-patchable and will therefore never be fixed, so just to warn everyone this game is unable to be completed.
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,298,501
    Posted on 04 November 17 at 23:26
    Hey there, thanks for letting us know about this!

I have applied the unobtainable flag to the 2 concerned:

Birthdays the BeginningHappy Birthday Cube Master!The Happy Birthday Cube Master! trophy in Birthdays the Beginning worth 1599 pointsObtained all trophies.

Birthdays the BeginningRiding the Waves of TimeThe Riding the Waves of Time trophy in Birthdays the Beginning worth 158 pointsAccumulated over 100 billion total Cube Years.

Thanks again! toast
    Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
  • Posted on 05 November 17 at 22:26
    Un-patchable? Yet they released it anyway? What is that about.
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
  • Posted on 06 November 17 at 15:50
    I can't seem to find any confirmation of this on the NIS America twitter: I think I'm bad at finding stuff on twitter, though. :( I would be very grateful if you would link their announcement here!

All I could find was people talking about a patch that was supposed to change the trophy requirement from 100 billion years to 3 billion years, but didn't work. Will the trophy still unlock if someone crazy enough gets their game to 100 billion years or is it straight-up busted, like someone has done it and it still didn't unlock? (although I'm not sure that enough time has passed since the game's release to have someone have actually done that, but I could be wrong!)
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,298,501
    Posted on 06 November 17 at 16:13, Edited on 06 November 17 at 16:15 by AtsumaKarin
    Well, the original tweet from the user is gone so I'll have to post this link for context:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/birthdays-the-begi...

The dev's post is here:

https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/898222484322885632

I saw on PSNP that they reckon it would take 277 days of constant idling to meet the original requirement and if my maths is right, it's been 238 days since the game came out so I suppose it might theoretically be obtainable if the patch hasn't actually broken it completely (and if it was obtainable in the first place).

Of course, not having that original tweet from the user is a problem for verification. I shall monitor this in case it changes.
    Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
  • Posted on 06 November 17 at 17:25
    Thanks, Atsuma! I appreciate it :)
  • TiawynTiawyn283,064
    Posted on 06 November 17 at 19:58
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    Un-patchable? Yet they released it anyway? What is that about.
    biff_beefcake said:
    I can't seem to find any confirmation of this on the NIS America twitter: I think I'm bad at finding stuff on twitter, though.

All I could find was people talking about a patch that was supposed to change the trophy requirement from 100 billion years to 3 billion years, but didn't work.
    when they released the game I am guessing it worked. but then later the developer released the patch that lowered trophy requirement from 100 billion years to 3 billion, I am guessing it broke the trophy. but only for the North America/ Europe version. the Japan version still works.

when people complained to NIS America that the trophy did not work, NIS America contacted the developer and when NIS America received a reply they posted it in the twitter link that AtsumaKarin posted.
    I found that twitter reply from NIS America on the twitter user @pandybara in the playstationtrophies link AtsumaKarin posted. I went to twitter and did a search for @pandybara and found some NIS America twitter replies to that user.
    https://twitter.com/search?q=%40pandybara&src=typd&l...
    down at the bottom is the NIS America replies.
    I can not find @pandybara posts on @NISAmerica, their posts are gone or deleted.
  • Posted on 06 November 17 at 23:11
    Ah, I'm seeing it all pieced together now. Thanks for the explanation! :)

I'm pretty bummed that a 100% will be unobtainable for this game, though. cry
  • Posted on 03 December 17 at 18:04
    It looks like someone was able to unlock the 100 billion years trophy after all! It looks like it takes 10 billion years?

link hidden

relevant post:
    link hidden

I have hope smile I hope it's legit...
  • TanuzomiTanuzomi826,073
    Posted on 26 December 17 at 00:48
    After almost 700 hours of constant idle I can confirm the platinum unlocks at exactly 10 billion years completely LEGIT clap
    Just got it lulz...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads