Bug Reports Forum

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

EDF Series is missing games

AuthorMessage
NoLifeDGenerate
Posted on 20 October 17 at 04:24, Edited on 20 October 17 at 04:26 by NoLifeDGenerate
Earth Defense Force Series

3 games (Japan stacks) are missing:
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable (JP) (Vita) Trophies
Earth Defense Force 2025 (JP) Trophies
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair (JP) Trophies

One of the Japan stacks is part of the series, so it makes no sense the other 3 aren't included. Earth Defense Force 2 Portable V2 (Vita) Trophies
Pipsqweek
Pipsqweek
Posted on 20 October 17 at 06:35
Are your series settings (panel on the right when viewing series) set to 'Unique'?
If so, this is why they look like they're missing as the ones you mentioned above are regional variants.

I'm pretty sure the series system is set to show you the NA version by default, however, should you play the JP version instead, that one will show in its place (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).
Just like it will show the platforms in order of PS4 > PS3 > PSV.

For example, I have completed LEGO Hobbit on all 3 platforms, when showing 'Unique' it only shows the PS4 version, when showing 'All', all 3 show up.
Another example, I have played Tomb Raider (2013 & Definitive Ed) on both PS3 & PS4, but I have more trophies on the PS3 version than the PS4, so when viewing 'Unique' it shows the PS3 version as I have more progress on that one.

Hope this makes sense.

TL;DR They're already part of the series, they're hidden due to your settings.
NoLifeDGenerate
Posted on 20 October 17 at 14:21, Edited on 20 October 17 at 14:21 by NoLifeDGenerate
That works. ...but it's still screwed up, since the Japan version of EDF 2 is flagged as unique. Both EDF2 games are exactly the same. Therefore, NOT unique versions.
Pipsqweek
Pipsqweek
Posted on 20 October 17 at 18:29
NoLifeDGenerate said:
That works. ...but it's still screwed up, since the Japan version of EDF 2 is flagged as unique. Both EDF2 games are exactly the same. Therefore, NOT unique versions.
Many thanks for your info on this series, this should now be fixed.
NoLifeDGenerate
Posted on 28 November 17 at 00:39
Ok, now why the hell isn't EDF 5 listed at all yet? It releases December 7th. You have Iron Rain listed, and that shit won't be out until next year! https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/195874-earth-defense-force-5
Shadow_Kisuragi
Posted on 28 November 17 at 06:07
Believe it or not, we don't have a Pre-Release object for that game in the system, which is why it's not part of the Series. We have Iron Rain in the system, however.

I'll work on getting this object created tomorrow (it's 1am here), and once it's created it'll be added to the Series. Thanks again for the heads-up on this.
NoLifeDGenerate
Posted on 05 December 18 at 05:04, Edited on 05 December 18 at 05:05 by NoLifeDGenerate
The English release of EDF5 has a trophy list now, but the game hasn't been added to the Series list. p.s. It's not technically "Digital Only." There's a disc being released in Asia with English and Chinese unless you know of a separate trophy list for that one. See Play-Asia.

Earth Defense Force 5 Trophies
Shadow_Kisuragi
Posted on 05 December 18 at 13:27
Those are just our default details for when a game scans in - we've not yet set the details for it.
As for the Play-Asia release, we do not know yet. The game technically doesn't even launch until next week. laugh

We'll get the details sorted out for EDF 5 shortly though.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.