Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ubisoft Ends Support for Several Playstation 3 Games

• KBop_a_dooKBop_a_doo22,565
  • Posted on 13 September 17 at 14:13
    I am curious to know if this news affects the games on XBOX 360?
  • RNumbersRNumbers1,163,256
  • strifekunstrifekun168,253
    Posted on 13 September 17 at 20:25
    Guess it's time to play I Am Alive, just in case.
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,291
    Posted on 14 September 17 at 03:37
    It's quite sad that this news was so poorly copy and pasted from TA, but I'm not entirely surprised either...
    The King of Hyrule
  • UlvenFenrirUlvenFenrir1,028,384
    Posted on 14 September 17 at 07:01
    I am alive, rayman 3 and pop: the forgotten sands don't have any online trophies, so should be good.
  • UlvenFenrirUlvenFenrir1,028,384
    Posted on 14 September 17 at 07:08
    Linkx41 said:
    It's quite sad that this news was so poorly copy and pasted from TA, but I'm not entirely surprised either...
    They're run by the same people. It would only make sense to copy and paste as long as the article doesn't have xbox in it.
  • Posted on 14 September 17 at 09:30
    While I'm not affected by any of these it's a reminder that I really need to get onto my 360 and PS3 backlog. Mainly my 360 one..
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
    Posted on 14 September 17 at 09:32
    UlvenFenrir said:
    Linkx41 said:
    They're run by the same people. It would only make sense to copy and paste as long as the article doesn't have xbox in it.
    Yep, this is how all news is handled for multiplatform sister sites, and in fact how most of the news in the world, period, is handled; it comes from a few major sources with minor revisions made by other outlets. All our users on both sites know this is how multiplatform game news is handled, so it's not like it's some massive secret or something, either.

I'm also not sure what's "quite sad" or "poorly" done about it, we take the time to make any revisions that only apply to the PlayStation and/or Xbox side of things (PSVR, Vita, PSNow, etc.) For example, taking two seconds to look at these articles, you can see the same games are not involved, and the 360 article makes references to James Cameron's Avatar having its achievements discontinued, whereas this issue did not affect PS3.

Although I guess I shouldn't expect meaningful insight coming from the person who comments on articles six months after we write them, questioning why we're covering a Nintendo Switch-exclusive game when it hadn't even been announced as exclusive at the time of writing roll
  • teem832teem832373,033
    Posted on 14 September 17 at 13:01, Edited on 14 September 17 at 13:02 by teem832
    dropping online support for these fair one as we have notice, last months Child of light PS+ game still has online issues . I have recontacted Ubisoft support awaiting response!
  • Posted on 14 September 17 at 19:41
    The list of games [includes]:
    Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
    Now cracks a noble heart.—Good night, sweet Prince,
    And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
  • AshMayStreetAshMayStreet200,037
    Posted on 14 September 17 at 22:29
    i remember mercs 2 stopped this and every-time you start the game unless you have the internet disconnected the console will crash (did it on brothers xbox too)
    so im wondering if these will be the same too?
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,291
    Posted on 15 September 17 at 03:50
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    The King of Hyrule
    Posted on 15 September 17 at 04:28, Edited on 15 September 17 at 04:35 by KBop_a_doo
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,291
    Posted on 15 September 17 at 04:38
    You cannot actually be suggesting that the news is handled well on this site. If you compare TT news to any other PS news source, it is embarrassing to say the least. The news is mostly days late on here, riddled with mistakes such as "achievements" "Xbox" and many more like it. Other sites have constant giveaways/developer interviews/live game streaming. And this site's news section is filled with mostly copy and paste articles from TA. There is no passion here because the newshounds don't care about PlayStation and it shows. END OF STORY.
    The King of Hyrule
    Posted on 15 September 17 at 04:45
    Linkx41 said:
    You cannot actually be suggesting that the news is handled well on this site. If you compare TT news to any other PS news source, it is embarrassing to say the least. The news is mostly days late on here, riddled with mistakes such as "achievements" "Xbox" and many more like it. Other sites have constant giveaways/developer interviews/live game streaming. And this site's news section is filled with mostly copy and paste articles from TA. There is no passion here because the newshounds don't care about PlayStation and it shows. END OF STORY.
    You do realize TA and TT are both run 100% by volunteers, right? Nobody gets paid to do any of this. The sites you're referring to have people writing and streaming for them as a full-time job; they are not even comparable. TA and TT are community-run sites; everyone chips in to make them run. We will never force our volunteers to do more than they can, so "a few days late" on news is fine with us and our community. Others peruse the sites and just complain about it as opposed to contributing to what makes them great communities. Considering every comment I've ever seen you post on TA or TT is negative toward the way the sites are handled, I'm surprised you even waste time here at all.
  • Posted on 15 September 17 at 06:11, Edited on 15 September 17 at 06:15 by Prem-aka-Prince
    Please, I don't see why we're going back and forth on this. Critique is valid, but if it's hyperbolic and not constructive, then what is the purpose of it? It is made for some reason other than to warrant response...

If there is something that is in error within this article, kindly point it out, and the volunteer staff will look to fix it. Thank you
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.