Bug Reports

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Why arent my trophies being scanned? - Find out here

• Posted on 01 January 14 at 17:01, Edited on 10 August 18 at 04:21 by Shadow_Kisuragi
    There are a few reasons why you trophies may not be able to be scanned:

1. PlayStation trophies are NOT automatically synced to the PSN database so in order for the scanners to see your new trophies you need to make sure that they have fully synced to 100%. Do this by scrolling over to the PSN tab and opening 'Trophy Collection' in the XBM, you can either press Triangle and 'Sync with Server' or open the collection to initiate the sync.

2. Make sure that Privacy Settings on your trophy information is shared to 'Anyone'.
    Details on how to change them here (Note can only be changed from the consoles):
    PS3 privacy settings - Under 'Controlling the group of players who can see the trophies you earned'
    Vita privacy settings
    PS4 privacy settings.

3. Linked to Privacy Settings it is also possible to hide specific game's trophies, while in your 'Trophy Collection' pressing Triangle on a game and then 'Privacy Settings' you can check/uncheck whether that specific game's trophies will be shared publicly.

There are two ways to hide (and un-hide) individual games on PS4
    a) Near the place you are guided to in the official help page under solution 2: (Settings) > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Privacy Settings] > [Sharing Your Experience].
    Instead of clicking 'Trophies' (which is privacy for all of your trophies), two options down is {new} 'Hidden Games'. This is where you can see the checklist for all of your games and apps- ticked means hidden. You get two separate lists: PS4 games, and PS3 & Vita.

b) While viewing your Trophies list press Options on any game and then select 'Privacy Settings', then 'Hidden Games'. Then you will be taken to the same place and given the same PS4 or 3&V choice.

You can check if your profile is displaying all your trophies correctly Via this page before scanning.
    Find me more often on TA but ill be here, you've been warned :D
  • Terael76Terael76175,987
    Posted on 04 January 14 at 17:40
    ha, maybe that's the point!
    My failure!
  • Posted on 10 March 15 at 00:26
    What is xbm?
  • Posted on 10 March 15 at 01:02
    BiGPaPaRu85 said:What is xbm?The XMB is the Cross Media Bar, the PlayStation 3 homepage/ dashboard
    Do you like my bow tie?
  • Posted on 10 March 15 at 03:10
    You trophies aren't scanning since the scanner is down anyway.
  • NaberiosNaberios273,178
    Posted on 22 June 15 at 22:26
    Didn't realize I had to do that sync thing everytime before requesting a scan... now I know!
  • SunDowner1SunDowner12,308,742
    Posted on 11 August 15 at 22:12
    Double checked these settings and syncd. Still no trophies being shown since Aug 1st.
  • Posted on 11 August 15 at 22:16
    SunDowner1 said:Double checked these settings and syncd. Still no trophies being shown since Aug 1st.privacy still definitely the problem since your trophy totals aren't showing on your homepage, that's the tell tale sign.
  • Posted on 30 November 15 at 01:17
    I too have checked settings and sync' and it will not show anything.
  • Posted on 30 November 15 at 01:28
    Shaggyscott69 said:I too have checked settings and sync' and it will not show anything.The scanners are currently down at the moment, should be back in the next couple days.
  • AustinH96663AustinH96663243,668
    Posted on 04 February 16 at 17:51
    I checked my settings... it's good but I haven't been scanned in 2 days. Says scanner 2 has 63 people in front of me every time I've forced scanned or try to
  • AustinH96663AustinH96663243,668
    Posted on 04 February 16 at 18:54
    Also to note, my milestones updated after forced scanned but my homepage, games list, trophy lists didn't. That's where it says waiting on 63 gamers...
  • Posted on 04 February 16 at 19:03
    Judging by this topic, there's definitely something wrong with scanner 2 like you say
    Malfunctioning Scanners
    I can't help you but two recent threads in the bug forums mentioning it should be enough to get it attention from whoever's in charge of keeping an eye on the bug forum
  • Posted on 24 March 16 at 06:38, Edited on 24 March 16 at 06:43 by Lonegunman718
    think mines broke as well. even after forced scan, checking my ps4 settings and playstation.com showing the right amount. its just not scanning.
  • Posted on 24 March 16 at 14:22
    Have you synced your trophies too?
  • Posted on 24 March 16 at 14:44
    The scanners were down earlier. You should be scanning fine now smile
  • Posted on 24 March 16 at 15:14, Edited on 24 March 16 at 15:15 by Lonegunman718
    Spilner1001 said:
    Have you synced your trophies too?
    yeah i did as they were showing fine on psn.

munchmagic1986 said:
    The scanners were down earlier. You should be scanning fine now smile
    figured as much it was over a day it wasnt working. but the site did a scan after i used all mine and worked so hope its all fixed now.
  • Posted on 07 August 16 at 22:03
    All systms are synced but still not scanning.
  • GAMERJETGAMERJET577,067
    Posted on 07 August 16 at 22:37
    ShatteredRavenX said:
    All systms are synced but still not scanning.
    Scanners are offline. Malfunctioning Scanners
    Remember to give credit to the person who got you to join the site!
  • Posted on 10 August 16 at 16:54
    Registered on the 8th of August. Trophies are synched and are available to share. Checked trophies on the web and they are displayed correctly. On here it says not been scanned and wont scan. When i try to join a chat room it says invalid psn id yet my email address is correct.

I used the xbox site with no problems yet here it doesnt seem to work at all.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads