Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Updated Shadow of the Colossus Coming to PS4

• TinCannEdTinCannEd354,523
    Posted on 13 June 17 at 05:44
    There is already a new Shadow of the Colossus in development. It's called Prey for the Gods by No Matter Studios and is was a Kickstarter project back in July - August 2016 (I am a backer). I actually think I found out about the game here, on TrueTrophies. Development on the game has been steady & the scheduled release is around December 2017, well before this announced game is set to release.

So unless Sony plans on Buying the game from No Matter, they should worry that a genre that is niche, & it might not sell as well, as people play Cherished games from the past (See The Last Guardian)

Anyway, if anyone is interested, here is the link for Matter's Site for Prae for the Gods. It includes a couple of development trailers.

http://www.praeyforthegods.com/
    [URL=http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/TinCannEd][IMG]http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/TinCannEd.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • Posted on 13 June 17 at 06:48
    that's cool but I think I'll stick with my PS3 version as that also has Ico on it lol maybe I'll pick this up if it drops in price but either way still cool if you couldn't play it before on PS2/PS3
  • PostmortimusPostmortimus249,730
    Posted on 13 June 17 at 11:51
    TinCannEd said:
    There is already a new Shadow of the Colossus in development. It's called Prey for the Gods by No Matter Studios and is was a Kickstarter project back in July - August 2016 (I am a backer). I actually think I found out about the game here, on TrueTrophies. Development on the game has been steady & the scheduled release is around December 2017, well before this announced game is set to release.

So unless Sony plans on Buying the game from No Matter, they should worry that a genre that is niche, & it might not sell as well, as people play Cherished games from the past (See The Last Guardian)

Anyway, if anyone is interested, here is the link for Matter's Site for Prae for the Gods. It includes a couple of development trailers.

link hidden
    Thanks for the update No Matter employee (just a joke smile ) but Sony has nothing to worry about. Praey (fuck you Bethesda) For The Gods is a love letter to Shadow Of The Colossus, not a new one. This, very nice looking, update is just for the fans. Plus PftG is estimated to be Dec 2017. Don't be surprised it gets pushed into 2018. No Matter, as you most likely know, is a small studio (3 people according to their press kit) and this is their passion project. They'll delay it if they feel it will make the game live up to their promise.

Personally I'm very excited for Prey/Pray/Praey for the Gods and I hope it does come out this year.
  • Posted on 13 June 17 at 13:31, Edited on 13 June 17 at 13:31 by ExtremePhobia
    Postmortimus said:
    TinCannEd said:

link hidden
    Thanks for the update No Matter employee (just a joke smile ) but Sony has nothing to worry about. Praey (fuck you Bethesda) For The Gods is a love letter to Shadow Of The Colossus, not a new one. This, very nice looking, update is just for the fans. Plus PftG is estimated to be Dec 2017. Don't be surprised it gets pushed into 2018. No Matter, as you most likely know, is a small studio (3 people according to their press kit) and this is their passion project. They'll delay it if they feel it will make the game live up to their promise.

Personally I'm very excited for Prey/Pray/Praey for the Gods and I hope it does come out this year.
    All of this, AND this game will still be way more popular than Praey for the Gods (barring a miracle). It'll actually be a nice comparison to have -- a new fancy version of the cult classic against a modern spiritual descendent.

For all we know, this could be the beginning of the "Colossus-like" =)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads