Bug Reports - Archive

Archive of Bug Reports

Game images missing from Period Summaries.

• Not a bug
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,295,579
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 14:10
    When you look at your period summary page, you'll see a list of the games you've played that month/year and (in theory) with accompanying game images.

However, quite frequently, in spite of the games having images on their main hub page, they don't appear in the period summaries very often anymore. :(

This has affected most of the games I've played in the last year or more, I think lol.

Don't know whether this issue is so much a bug as a lack of housekeeping but I thought I'd better post this, just in case. wink

Just as an example: link hidden

The reason I picked this and not this year's (or even this month's) was because I noticed République Trophies was broken completely and didn't even have the TT image.
    For a long time, I've been trying to think of something funny and witty to use for my signature. The wait goes on...
  • Posted on 01 March 17 at 08:42, Edited on 01 March 17 at 09:55 by BeardedScot86
    The image shown on the main hub is a different image than the one shown on the period summary. They can't be pulled automatically, we have to manually update them. We do this at the same time as inputting all other info for each game, but unfortunately it takes a lot of work to get them all done.

Making period summary look good is very important to me, so whenever I look at one for a user, I end up trying to fix all the games I can. I now have yours bookmarked so I can work through them all :)
    I'm commander Shepard and this is my favourite trophy site on the internet
    Posted on 01 March 17 at 12:28, Edited on 01 March 17 at 12:42 by AtsumaKarin
    Ah, cheers for that, KF! It will take you some time, I daresay. laugh

Edit: already looking a lot better!!! Can't wait to see the lot of them updated! smile
    For a long time, I've been trying to think of something funny and witty to use for my signature. The wait goes on...
  • Posted on 09 March 17 at 00:32, Edited on 09 March 17 at 13:28 by BeardedScot86
    All games done for 2016. As a side bonus, you will notice that a lot more of your games also have a genre defined now too :)
  • Posted on 09 March 17 at 13:38
    I'm not a mod but by power of The Monarchy I hereby close this thread as it's not a bug. It's just some weird guy who's seeing things - I mean just look at it, there's a list of almost a hundred games there and not one of them is missing an image. What poppycock. I like how korn is even posting and pretending to do work just to humour the guy, but I will not let this charade go on any longer!
    Now you can think about the correct way to pronounce charade because I bet you said it wrong in your head.
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 14:13
    Excellent work, KF! clap

However, there are many more games in my period summaries that need doing. wink

I was wondering whether it might be worth making a new thread like that: "Games with Trophy Issues" one, even though I'm pretty sure it would be nowhere near as popular...or just convert this one? Not sure.

Either way, my 2016 summary looks a lot better now, will have to investigate what genres have changed, though it might not last for long now that TA is FINALLY receiving the update to them:

link hidden
  • Posted on 09 March 17 at 14:25
    At this current point in time, there are over 1000 games that need something fixed. Of course every week a stack more games come in. The team is working through them as best we can, so not sure a post will be needed for fixing specific games like this.

I still have your profile bookmarked so I can work through other years when I have time for it (that was my plan as I know you care about it, so it is important for me to fix it). There is certainly never a shortage to get done just now. It would be lovely to fix everything, but it is always a moving target unfortunately. Hopefully one day we will get there :)

When I joined GI team there was just over 1000 with no genre. Now there is less than 750. So progress can be seen.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads