Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PS+ Lineup for February 2017 Announced

• AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,291,312
    Posted on 05 February 17 at 14:40, Edited on 05 February 17 at 14:45 by AtsumaKarin
    Been reading this thread on and off the last few days and there has been some interesting discussion for sure. smile

I'll first of all start off with the obligatory: "bad month for me" comment. :P

Seriously, though, for the reasons that Harris has mentioned, I don't usually moan about the service either but I have been fairly disappointed with it the last few months and this time, there really is nothing that's interested me, though I might play Torquel because of the comical Engrish trophies. laugh

I didn't much like LBP 2 so I'm not likely to play 3 either. Starwhal, I'll likely stack (think it's stackable in EU regions) but other than that...

It has definitely gotten worse on the whole since making it compulsory to pay for online, I'd say but at the same time: you'll never please everyone all of the time, so I see both sides of the argument.

I can't say (once again, for me personally) the Xbox equivalent has been all that awe-inspiring either mostly. Rayman Origins is great for sure and Project CARS is a reasonably big addition but besides those, many of them are brand new untested IPs, often with glitches. I think Super Dungeon Bros. was one of the more recent ones. Pool Nation FX was (and still is) really buggy and was a remaster of sorts. Others I haven't listed probably too.

The advantage Games with Gold has is that you can keep those forever (in theory, anyway) whereas your subscription needs to be active on PS Plus.

Once again, this is all down to personal taste and honestly, in theory, the PS Plus line-up is usually far more interesting to me even now as I play a lot of indie games but even I'm starting to get a bit disenchanted by it now. :(

I actually wondered the other day whether it'd be better if we could just choose one game we wanted if it's been out for a year or more or something like that, might stop the moaning, well besides: "we used to get 6, now we can only get 1! PS Plus sucks!" remarks because some people are never satisfied. :P
    For a long time, I've been trying to think of something funny and witty to use for my signature. The wait goes on...
  • rob25Prob25P654,984
    Posted on 05 February 17 at 18:53
    Sony never listen to or care about what the players actually want.

We want to change our PSN ID. - NO. You're stuck with it forever.
    We want to change the region of our PSN. - NO. Everyone should live and work in one country only.
    We want backwards compatibility. NO. Buy everything again on PS4 at full RRP.
    We want PS+ to change. - NO.

This is why I've gone back to Xbox.
  • Posted on 05 February 17 at 23:49
    Not a good month for me personally as I already own LBP3 and nothing else really grabs me. I will have a look at ANNA though, but pretty sure the rest aren't to my taste.
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • Posted on 07 February 17 at 06:10, Edited on 07 February 17 at 06:14 by Jester-no-kami
    PS_Prob said:
    Sony never listen to or care about what the players actually want.

We want to change our PSN ID. - NO. You're stuck with it forever.
    We want to change the region of our PSN. - NO. Everyone should live and work in one country only.
    We want backwards compatibility. NO. Buy everything again on PS4 at full RRP.
    We want PS+ to change. - NO.

Because the xbox has literally no games anyone wants.

Since the system has come out it has about two decent exclusives, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break, not counting your typical Halo, Forza and Gears fare. Recore was a major disappointment.

Any game anyone actually wants to play is cancelled, Scalebound was literally one of the few games many people bought the system for and it was cancelled.

The few exclusives aren't even exclusive because everything basically plays on the pc.

There are literally no Japanese/Asian oriented games, which is not a big deal to some, but honestly if all you care about are shooters might as well play on the pc.

And games with gold if I compare it year over year, and not just one off month, has always been garbage, I have both psn and gold, and I think my ratio of games downloaded is something like 4 to 1.

MS has basically one advantage and that is its online system is still better than sony's but that gap closesed significantly, coop/multi player was a chore on the ps3 but on the ps4 its almost on par MS live.

Sony has been a lot more reasonable with its fanbase than MS ever has, and lets not even drag nintendo into this.

Also for the record, outside of backwards compatibility, MS doesn't let you do any of those things either. So yeah. And even with the BC they still have the same rereleases that Sony has, Skyrim, Bioshock, Re 4,5,6 etc.
  • Harris59Harris591,077,849
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 07:57
    PS_Prob said:
    Yes, because GWG is soooooo much 'better' /sarcasm

Aside from low scoring exclusives shoved down your throat and games PS+ already gave us free years ago it's actually the same kind of indie affair on GWG as PS+.

I like GWG a little, some decent stuff occasionally, but if you don't like what PS+ does then you'll hate GWG even more.

I'd say Harem-kamisama ratio is about right for me too, 4 to 1 on things I'd play comparing the 2.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • PipsqweekPipsqweek1,575,256
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 21:07
    AtsumaKarin said:
    The advantage Games with Gold has is that you can keep those forever (in theory, anyway) whereas your subscription needs to be active on PS Plus.
    That only applies to 360 games, XB1 games still require an active sub same as PS+.
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,291,312
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 21:20
    Pipsqweek said:
    AtsumaKarin said:
    That only applies to 360 games, XB1 games still require an active sub same as PS+.
    Ooh, this I did not know! Well, looks like both sets of players are worse off now, then! :(
    For a long time, I've been trying to think of something funny and witty to use for my signature. The wait goes on...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.