Talk about TrueTrophies Forum

General chat about all things TT

I'd love the know about the Traffic on TT

AuthorMessage
dontVanek
15,952
dontVanek
Posted on 28 January 17 at 04:10, Edited on 28 January 17 at 04:14 by dontVanek
It seems to me that barely anyone; comments on news/site updates and a lot less solutions in games compared to TA. I'm not sure why it's not as big as it's sister site when there isn't an outlet like this out there anywhere(In my opinion).

Just Daily Traffic in general, I know our membership standpoint is around 30k.
mueslix
4,920
mueslix
Posted on 15 December 17 at 18:26
I guess they're not gonna discuss internal figures, but I agree... the difference between TrueAchievements and TrueTrophies is like night and day and I don't really understand as to why that's the case, either. You'd imagine it's the same target audience, just on a different platform.

Personally, I'd like to see all three sites (TA, TT and TS) to be merged into one big gaming site. I don't care too much about the different platforms or where my friends are playing their games on. I still want to see their activity in one big newsfeed without having to check several different sites. But that's just my 2 cents.
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 23 December 17 at 19:53
I did a search on this site and i found this http://truetrophies.com.hypestat.com/
It says 2,900 daily visitors to this site.
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 23 December 17 at 19:55
Ouch i just did a comparison....http://www.hypestat.com/compare/trueachievements.com/tr....com
scr3amsquad
27,136
scr3amsquad
Posted on 01 March 18 at 00:25
mueslix said:
I guess they're not gonna discuss internal figures, but I agree... the difference between TrueAchievements and TrueTrophies is like night and day and I don't really understand as to why that's the case, either. You'd imagine it's the same target audience, just on a different platform.

Personally, I'd like to see all three sites (TA, TT and TS) to be merged into one big gaming site. I don't care too much about the different platforms or where my friends are playing their games on. I still want to see their activity in one big newsfeed without having to check several different sites. But that's just my 2 cents.
Definitely agree on the merger. That would make things a bit cleaner. Then again that's a lot of info to move over, too.
Join us at the TrueConsoles Discord! https://discord.gg/bh2c78a
PeeMcPee
207,757
PeeMcPee
Posted on 01 March 18 at 14:02
It is odd, I've mentioned before as an ex-TAer how quiet it seems here. I guess it has its benefits, as there's a lot fewer obnoxious people here -
when I left TA, comments on any article seemed to end in abuse and acrimony - but even the staff don't seem to come here very often (case in point - the Winter Olympics snafu that meant the contest suddenly ended a day early has yet to be addressed by anyone four days later.
TA is more of a community (warts and all) and I could always find someone to help. There's hundreds of gaming sessions a day, compared to maybe 1 or 2 max here. I met some really good friends on TA, and it's a bit sad that sense of community doesn't extend over here.
UA_Ridge_Reaper
Posted on 27 March 18 at 01:45
I love these TT and TA sites and I use the Steam one as well but as far as traffic for TT goes, I think most of the people that are trophy hunters visit PSNProfiles. There are more than 3 mil tracked gamers on there. I'd still rather use this one as I've been around TA for almost 9 years now.
kintaris
37,822
kintaris
Posted on 07 April 18 at 11:08
We're pushing to grow TT this year. As a newshound I don't have access to specific traffic data or dev plans, but I know that there are gears in motion.

For my part, outside of the TA Playlist podcast I'm refocusing my news and content output on TT. So if you have any ideas on that front, feel free to add me on here/PSN and send me a message smile
KWehrheim
44,855
KWehrheim
Posted on 11 May 18 at 17:49
UA_Ridge_Reaper said:
I love these TT and TA sites and I use the Steam one as well but as far as traffic for TT goes, I think most of the people that are trophy hunters visit PSNProfiles. There are more than 3 mil tracked gamers on there. I'd still rather use this one as I've been around TA for almost 9 years now.
This is my opinion as well. PSNProfiles seems to have way more members, so it could just be that no one is looking for another site because they're happy there. Which I find incredibly strange. I do love the look of PSNP's site, they have a great aesthetic, but so does TT, and in terms of functionality and features, TT blows them out of the water. So it's strange to me that TT doesn't seem to have ever really taken off the way TA did. I get being creatures of habit, but X360A used to be THE site for achievements, and I feel like TA has taken that crown, so it definitely happens.
kintaris
37,822
kintaris
Posted on 13 May 18 at 19:56
All I will say is, every little helps. TT has brilliant systems and design, but content is king. I'm hoping to do my part in the coming months as a staff member but what you can all keep doing in the meantime is writing up trophy guides where you feel you can. The more detailed and more useful, the better - especially if you pick up new titles or games that other sites may not have gotten around to providing guides for, some of the smaller indie stuff.

As always, if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions just send me a message :)
munchmagic1986
Posted on 14 May 18 at 16:10
kintaris said:
but what you can all keep doing in the meantime is writing up trophy guides where you feel you can. The more detailed and more useful, the better - especially if you pick up new titles or games that other sites may not have gotten around to providing guides for, some of the smaller indie stuff.
A thousand times this! PSNP has got a really good guide system setup over there now so that is one area that we really need to try and compete with

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 14 May 18 at 17:51
munchmagic1986 said:
kintaris said:
but what you can all keep doing in the meantime is writing up trophy guides where you feel you can. The more detailed and more useful, the better - especially if you pick up new titles or games that other sites may not have gotten around to providing guides for, some of the smaller indie stuff.
A thousand times this! PSNP has got a really good guide system setup over there now so that is one area that we really need to try and compete with
When I first joined years ago (before deleting my account) Rich rallied trying to get us all to comment on the posts and contribute more, which happened for a while and was workng well but then just stopped after a while. I can't imagine how deflating it is to put a lot of work and care into a post that no one even comments once on.

The more we contribute the more appealing the site is to new people and for those that are already contributing, so lets all get posting, solving, blogging and reviewing. clap
All base are belong to us!
Dog_of_Thunder
Posted on 15 May 18 at 14:49
After going through some family issues over the last few years, things are in a good place for me and my wife, so I'm going to try and step up my contributions this Summer.

I doubt I can recreate what I did over at TA (joined when even that site had under 9k registered and had a hundred or so sign up with me!), but well, I can try!!
FullNietzsche
Posted on 25 July 18 at 10:11, Edited on 25 July 18 at 10:12 by FullNietzsche
I came here recently from TA when I got a PS3 this year. For some reason, this site brings my powerful desktop PC to its knees, maxing out one CPU core (i7 4.0GHz) all the time, making the site very sluggish to use. I don't know if that's part of the cause for the lower popularity but it can't be helping.

TA does not have this problem.
InfiniteUnrest
Posted on 13 August 18 at 16:33
One of the reasons why the TT population is so much smaller is that PlayStation already had an established trophy hunting community at PSNProfiles, is my guess. Many of those that I've talked to consider TT sub-par to their experience at PSNProfiles and feel no need to sign up for an alternative trophy hunting site.

TA got its start well before TT. TT was an afterthought that occurred far too late to gather much of a community.
TrueTrophy
5,822
TrueTrophy
Posted on 14 August 18 at 11:25
FullNietzsche said:
I came here recently from TA when I got a PS3 this year. For some reason, this site brings my powerful desktop PC to its knees, maxing out one CPU core (i7 4.0GHz) all the time, making the site very sluggish to use. I don't know if that's part of the cause for the lower popularity but it can't be helping.

TA does not have this problem.
It's exactly the same code running both sites, so that seems very strange to me. Any particular page this is happening on?

InfiniteUnrest said:
One of the reasons why the TT population is so much smaller is that PlayStation already had an established trophy hunting community at PSNProfiles, is my guess. Many of those that I've talked to consider TT sub-par to their experience at PSNProfiles and feel no need to sign up for an alternative trophy hunting site.
This is true, but we are working hard to make this a better experience to PSNP!
Najinceil
313,879
Najinceil
Posted on 14 August 18 at 18:24
TrueTrophy said:
This is true, but we are working hard to make this a better experience to PSNP!
At least the staff here are better than the ones on PSNP. Was corrupt over there.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.