The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

NA PS Store Flash Sale: January 20th, 2017

• MarcC_29MarcC_2973,372
  • Posted on 21 January 17 at 17:04
    Awesome sale-so many great titles to choose from.
  • TheNoddyBadgerTheNoddyBadger1,031,442
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 19:52
    I just finished the first Dark Cloud (first time ever playing) and almost peed my pants when I saw Dark Cloud 2 on sale again several weeks later. Awesome timing!
  • Posted on 21 January 17 at 22:53
    Badger2385 said:
    I just finished the first Dark Cloud (first time ever playing) and almost peed my pants when I saw Dark Cloud 2 on sale again several weeks later. Awesome timing!
    How did you like DARK CLOUD? I am curious to play it but not too sure about picking it up or not. Appreciate any feedback
  • TVippyTVippy53,981
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 23:01
    Somebody tell me what to buy (what's NEVER was this low a price).
  • Posted on 22 January 17 at 01:27
    Awesome sales. I am picking up 2 games for myself!
  • AlboDoggieAlboDoggie603,413
    Posted on 22 January 17 at 05:06
    I own most of the games but just bought N.E.R.O, Ducati, Risen 3 (PS4 & PS3), Nightmares from the deep. I own Deus Ex but not Director's Cut, still deciding whether or not to buy Director's cut. I have one more day to think about it lol
  • AlboDoggieAlboDoggie603,413
    Posted on 22 January 17 at 06:13
    AGNOSTICMADBALL said:
    Badger2385 said:
    How did you like DARK CLOUD? I am curious to play it but not too sure about picking it up or not. Appreciate any feedback
    I own both of them on PS2 (still have discs) and PS4. One of the best games on PS2, but personally I liked Dark Cloud 2 more than the first.
  • Am4z1n9_AZAm4z1n9_AZ733,789
    Posted on 22 January 17 at 13:53
    Nice deals! Shame i'm living in the UK we get nothing cry
    Thee Amazing 1
  • PipsqweekPipsqweek537,038
    Posted on 22 January 17 at 14:59
    Am4z1n9_AZ said:
    Nice deals! Shame i'm living in the UK we get nothing cry
    I live in the UK and take advantage of these deals.
    I have a US account and buy US PSN top-ups from different sites.
    Just make sure your consoles are marked as primary on the US account.

The only downside I have found to this set-up is that you have to remember what you bought on your US account, I have bought the same game twice (fortunately, it only amounted to about £2) as I hadn't yet played it and the UK store doesn't flag the game as purchased (as it's the US version) even if it shares the same trophy list.
  • Posted on 22 January 17 at 18:33
    I ended up purchasing the following games from this sale=ASSASSON'S CREED-RUSSIA & INDIA, DRIVECLUB BIKES, and EMILY WANTS TO PLAY all for $15.

No more games for me for awhile, as I have plenty to play in my collection
  • Posted on 23 January 17 at 02:04
    I actually grabbed DUCATI- 90th Anniversary as $3.99 is an amazing price! I wanted to purchase it from my main account but here in Australia it is on sale for $16.70 so quite a big difference there. Thankfully I had some $ left on my alt US account that Sony credited me with a while back. If it had've been 90% off in Australia then I would have been ok with buying from this account, but I doubt we'll ever see it receive such a steep discount here.
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • Posted on 23 January 17 at 03:16
    A_Tennis_Giraffe said:
    I actually grabbed DUCATI- 90th Anniversary as $3.99 is an amazing price! I wanted to purchase it from my main account but here in Australia it is on sale for $16.70 so quite a big difference there. Thankfully I had some $ left on my alt US account that Sony credited me with a while back. If it had've been 90% off in Australia then I would have been ok with buying from this account, but I doubt we'll ever see it receive such a steep discount here.
    DUCATI looks good and I was about to purchase it for that great price, but I wanted DRIVECLUB BIKES a little more, plus I am getting RIDE this week
  • TiawynTiawyn176,701
    Posted on 23 January 17 at 04:02
    AGNOSTICMADBALL said:
    I ended up purchasing the following games from this sale=ASSASSON'S CREED-RUSSIA & INDIA, DRIVECLUB BIKES, and EMILY WANTS TO PLAY all for $15.
    Driveclub Bikes? I do not see it on the list and it is showing full price in the store. did you mean another bike game?
  • Posted on 23 January 17 at 07:06
    AGNOSTICMADBALL said:
    A_Tennis_Giraffe said:
    DUCATI looks good and I was about to purchase it for that great price, but I wanted DRIVECLUB BIKES a little more, plus I am getting RIDE this week
    I actually wondered whether or not you'd pick up DUCATI or not! I thought you might have but I didn't realise you were getting RIDE shortly. Hopefully you enjoy it since I recommended it! And maybe you'll get DUCATI on a good sale some other time smile
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • Posted on 23 January 17 at 12:37
    Got an awesome haul from this sale...

The Order: 1886™ (Full Game)
    Sleeping Dogs™ Definitive Edition (Full Game)
    Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Full Game)
    The Walking Dead: Season Two (Full Game)
    The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries (Full Game)
    The Wolf Among Us (Full Game)
    The Jackbox Party Pack (Downloadable Game)
    The Jackbox Party Pack 2 (Downloadable Game)
  • Posted on 23 January 17 at 15:16
    Tiawyn said:
    AGNOSTICMADBALL said:
    Driveclub Bikes? I do not see it on the list and it is showing full price in the store. did you mean another bike game?
    Now, that you mention it, I too don't see it on this list. But yeah, I got DRIVECLUB BIKES for $4.99 on my Flash Sale this past weekend. I have been waiting for a good sale price, as I didn't want to pay $19.99 for it
  • Posted on 23 January 17 at 15:19
    A_Tennis_Giraffe said:
    AGNOSTICMADBALL said:
    A_Tennis_Giraffe said:
    I actually wondered whether or not you'd pick up DUCATI or not! I thought you might have but I didn't realise you were getting RIDE shortly. Hopefully you enjoy it since I recommended it! And maybe you'll get DUCATI on a good sale some other time smile
    Since I ordered RIDE (thank you for recommending it to me) last week off of Amazon.com and just picked up DRIVECLUB BIKES, I didn't want to have too many motorcycle games all at once
  • darkchris23darkchris23290,205
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 01:48
    great list awesome job from the editor of the list too
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.