Site News

Forum to discuss TT news items. Only TrueTrophy can post here

The TrueTrophies Game of the Year 2016

• ItsKristaItsKrista529,982
    Posted on 16 January 17 at 13:49
    Surprised by a lot of these
    What might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may, in fact, be the first steps of a journey.
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault306,745
    Posted on 16 January 17 at 13:49
    I played none of these choices...I guess none of the games I have were really this good?
  • Posted on 16 January 17 at 14:11
    table racing over dirt rally...c'mon seriously
  • davem300490davem300490468,557
    Posted on 16 January 17 at 14:38
    Excellent choices this year. Played pretty much most of them. Happy to see games I enjoyed win for once.
    Walkthrough Manager. General all round nice guy
  • Posted on 16 January 17 at 14:48
    I guess on a site such as this the popular games usually win. However, Uncharted 4 genuinely deserves that award. Such a well made game!
  • Posted on 16 January 17 at 15:28
    GONE HOME over TELLTALES BATMAN, come one, seriously??? Anyhow, I am glad to see UNCHARTED 4 coming out to be the game of the year-I am currently playing it and it's a great game.
  • Posted on 16 January 17 at 16:01
    I would think that Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes could have filled in your runner-up spot for Party game. It's a 2+ player local multiplayer game I'd definitely think it fits in the party category. Just a small petty observation! Congrats to the winners dance
  • Harris59Harris591,195,928
    Posted on 16 January 17 at 16:40
    Tabletop wins something!? XD I enjoyed the game but I'm surprised.

Glad Dead Star did win something even if it was a category with no competition really.

UC4 and Doom don't surprise me but it is not a disappointment so congrats.

Nice job Furi on beating SFV! Furi was pretty boss and I know SF is popular so that's a pretty nice feat right there.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Posted on 16 January 17 at 16:45
    I am happy with most of these winners, particularly Doom winning best FPS and even runner up for GOTY as well as Dark Souls 3 winning best RPG. The only ridiculous winner is Destiny for the Rise of Iron DLC. It's bizarre that it could win with Blood and Wine as competition.
  • Posted on 16 January 17 at 16:45
    Will never play Uncharted, but at least DOOM won best shooter.
  • Posted on 17 January 17 at 01:07
    I'm surprised by some of these winners to be honest. As much as I enjoyed Table Top Racing I wouldn't have expected it to take first place for the racing category. Also, Doom winning best shooter surprises me too, along with Gone Home for best adventure game.

I'm not surprised that Uncharted 4 won overall though - I did expect that one!
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • Posted on 17 January 17 at 18:34
    Woo!

Dead Star won an award despite only living for half the year!
  • Marketman316Marketman316648,211
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 18:50
    Uncharted is a surprise to nobody but glad doom got some love, tremendous game that folk seem to always turn their nose up at when you tell them it's awesome
  • Posted on 18 January 17 at 12:39
    Fucking bullshit that Uncharted got GOTY when Doom was the better game. Only casuals think that UC4 was GOTY material.
  • Harris59Harris591,195,928
    Posted on 18 January 17 at 18:27
    Lead-Magnet_421 said:
    Fucking bullshit that Uncharted got GOTY when Doom was the better game. Only casuals think that UC4 was GOTY material.
    Hey now, UC4 may not be your cup of tea but Naughty Dog make damn fine quality games, it's a worthy GOTY contender. Doom was well honored with GOTY runner up and Best Shooter.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Posted on 22 January 17 at 05:10
    Table top over dirt rally, really? I thought FFXV should have won best rpg, agree with doom for best shooter though!

Overall I agree with most of the list, especially Uncharted 4 as Game of the Year!
  • I-Reaped-UI-Reaped-U387,351
    Posted on 14 March 17 at 23:56
    Lead-Magnet_421 said:
    How would you know DOOM is a better gamer? You only got one damn trophy in UC4!! Only a snob would think it's not GOTY material.
  • I-Reaped-UI-Reaped-U387,351
    Posted on 14 March 17 at 23:57
    DragonessHera said:
    Why? Don't like good games?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 March 17 at 08:09
    I-Reaped-U said:
    DragonessHera said:
    Why? Don't like good games?
    They may have disliked previous games from the series so didn't need to play this one. Everyone has their own opinion.

I liked #4 but my god did it drag on, to me it was certainly the weakest of the quadrilogy, but to others it was a masterpiece.
    You can't fix stupid if it don't broke!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads