Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

'Tis the Season to be Delisted: More Playstation Games Removed from the Store

• PunkyliarPunkyliar108,517
  • Harris59Harris591,217,405
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 20:16
    So, is DiRT 3 from November PS Plus Games Announced effected by this? Should I take this off my backlog? Is this no longer available at all? Because that's a fairly recent plus title.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 21:30, Edited on 06 January 17 at 21:32 by Punkyliar
    Harris59 said:
    So, is DiRT 3 from November PS Plus Games Announced effected by this? Should I take this off my backlog? Is this no longer available at all? Because that's a fairly recent plus title.
    All that the delisting does is to stop potential future buyers from buying it. Those who have already bought the title, or "purchased" it from the PS+ free games, will still have the game in their Download List. I grabbed DiRT 3 in November's PS+ list but didn't download it. I've just checked the online store and I can still send it to my PS3 for download.

I know that it can happen on the Xbox 360 but I'm honestly not aware of any titles on the PS3, Vita or PS4 that you haven't been able to download from your Download History after they've been removed from the Playstation Store.
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 22:00
    Oh right, I always thought once it was delisted it was over, GG. It's the reason I haven't uninstalled any delisted games in case I can't redownload them.

Glad to know I have a safety net with the downloads history.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • PsienceWinsPsienceWins701,480
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 23:34
    The only game I care about is the TMNT one, and luckily I bought it ages ago. Let me wipe that sweat off my brow.
  • MoominEmuMoominEmu222,597
    Posted on 07 January 17 at 01:56
    Punkyliar said:
    Harris59 said:
    All that the delisting does is to stop potential future buyers from buying it. Those who have already bought the title, or "purchased" it from the PS+ free games, will still have the game in their Download List. I grabbed DiRT 3 in November's PS+ list but didn't download it. I've just checked the online store and I can still send it to my PS3 for download.

I know that it can happen on the Xbox 360 but I'm honestly not aware of any titles on the PS3, Vita or PS4 that you haven't been able to download from your Download History after they've been removed from the Playstation Store.
    P.T.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVohcfCmsg
  • Posted on 07 January 17 at 03:43
    clap
    Posted on 07 January 17 at 05:42
    MoominEmu said:
    P.T.
    The lost gem... Forever it shall be missed...
  • darkchris23darkchris231,041,301
    Posted on 07 January 17 at 06:11
    very true on P.T. I sold my ps4 that it was downloaded on and when I got my new one back dispite me having downloaded it before I cant re down load it on my new one
    Posted on 07 January 17 at 13:32
    MoominEmu said:
    Punkyliar said:
    Harris59 said:

P.T.
    I was thinking full games, be it retail or downloadable, but had admittedly forgotten about the PT demo. Having said that, the permanent removal of demos isn't terribly uncommon.
  • Posted on 09 January 17 at 02:58
    I've got to say I'm pretty surprised by some of the games on this list.
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • darkchris23darkchris231,041,301
    Posted on 09 January 17 at 07:43
    I'm just glad I actually bought the spider man 2 when it was on sale
  • PSXtreme_PSXtreme_228,444
    Posted on 09 November 18 at 09:32
    It's because of things like this that has soured me on the current and future generations of gaming....online play, hard drives and downloadable content was supposed to be a godsend...its turned into a curse
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads