Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PlayStation Plus Titles Announced for January 2017

• KBop_a_dooKBop_a_doo22,558
  • Harris59Harris591,100,641
    Posted on 28 December 16 at 19:47, Edited on 29 December 16 at 15:31 by Harris59
    My obligatory comment on the plus games.

Titan Souls is the highlight for me, I was considering buying this at one point in a sale but didn't, I'm glad it's a cross-buy because some great stuff has come free for VITA on Plus that's available on PS4 but wasn't for both :( I'll likely put this on my must play list.

The Swindle What? I've never heard of this, if someone can give me more info I might slap it in my backlog but it doesn't seem likely.
    EDIT: Nope, looked up more info and it's definitely not for me.

BlazeRush (PS3) Nah, probably not for me.
    EDIT: Actually, maybe it'll to in the backlog somewhere.

This War of Mine: The Little Ones Again, not for me but might put this at the back of the backlog.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered Haha... No

So, in summary, 1 definite play and 1 to the backlog. Not too bad, could be better but still good as always, keep it coming PS+
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • boldfox85boldfox85532,137
    Posted on 28 December 16 at 22:18
    I bought Day of the Tentacle when I got my PS4. Really recommend it. Very funny game too. Definitely better than Grim Fandango.
    GT: boldfoxrd
  • GAMERJETGAMERJET576,631
    Posted on 28 December 16 at 23:22
    Titan Souls and Day of the Tentacle are the likely stars this month. A shame I already own Titan Souls, but have yet to play it! facepalm

The lack of Platinum on the PS3 plus games this month, disappoints. cry
    Remember to give credit to the person who got you to join the site!
  • Posted on 29 December 16 at 00:33
    There seems to be a lot of good games to chose from come next month for PS+. I definitely will be playing both PS4 games
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91463,422
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 01:32
    Both PS4 games look pretty awesome, been wanting day of the tentacle! Nothing else looks like my style, but I'm still happy. :)
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault291,582
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 01:54
    Nothing for me
  • Posted on 29 December 16 at 02:12
    I already bought This War of Mine, will look at the day of the tenticle but not really much else for me.
    Maybe the swindle but that one looks like it will get hard real quick.
    Balls................ Funder....Balls.
  • Am4z1n9_AZAm4z1n9_AZ1,328,862
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 09:56
    I might try out Day of the Tentacle Remastered looks like an easy platinum.
    Thee Amazing 1
  • Posted on 29 December 16 at 10:59, Edited on 29 December 16 at 11:35 by Kaksiulotteinen
    Actually there are 7 games this month, since there's one game hidden in Day of the Tentacle. And for the trophy hunter it's a must, since two trophies are related to that game :)

I played day of the tentacle with PC, when it was originally released and I played remastered some months ago. It's still a good game. If you liked Broken Age, probably you will like Day of the Tentacle as well,

I've been planning to buy This War of Mine: The Little Ones and Titan Souls, so I'm happy they are free now. And now when I read some reviews about The Swindle, it sounds interesting as well. So good games this time.
  • davem300490davem300490476,004
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 13:55
    Pretty awful line up to be fair.
    Walkthrough Manager. General all round nice guy
  • mysticmoshmysticmosh975,300
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 15:52
    davem300490 said:
    Pretty awful line up to be fair.
    Yeah I agree. You may as well copy and paste your comment for Febs games, March games, April games etc etc. PsPlus is pretty crap and has been for a while now.
  • zagski_13zagski_1386,920
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 16:52
    Was interested in This War of Mine but not for the current price so I'll def be giving that a look
  • brickarysbrickarys50,719
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 17:00
    New to the PS, so seeing this is really cool. Been wanting to play This War of Mine, so that's a def. plus for me. Will also try out the other PS4 game as well.
  • rob25Prob25P671,249
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 21:48
    Nothing of interest. Probably won't bother with PS+ at all in 2017.

Better off spending money on games you actually want to play.
  • Harris59Harris591,100,641
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 22:32, Edited on 30 December 16 at 12:19 by Harris59
    PS_Prob said:
    Nothing of interest. Probably won't bother with PS+ at all in 2017.

Better off spending money on games you actually want to play.
    That seems odd to me.

The price of PS+ for an entire year is less than 1 average AAA game, you're not going to save much money to buy games you "actually want to play", you're looking at buying 1 AAA game or 2-3 indie games which are likely to be free during the year anyway. but you'll lose out on more than just the free games. Free games are awesome and good value but that's not all Plus gives. You need it for both online play and cloud storage, I just can't see any circumstances where stopping a subscription is a smart move unless you literally get no games and it increases in price. In its current form, it's a bargain.

Even if you sift through the real cheap junk in steam sales you won't find 100ish games for £39.99, that's average about £0.39 per game, so purely on a financial value nothing can compare aside the Xbox imitation of this, which is only great because it's mostly giving out game PS already gave out xD.

1 month alone usually pays for around 3 years of plus membership.

Understandably tastes are different and you won't like all 100ish games but it's an impossibility for any real gamer to dislike them all, you'll at LEAST get 5 games you enjoy in the year, that's like total bare minimum, and with an average price tag between £10-£20 a game you're looking at £50-£100 worth for £39.99. So even those who hate the vast majority of the games are still getting good value.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Posted on 30 December 16 at 05:00
    Good thing I held off on buying Day of the Tentacle. I'm really looking forward to playing it considering it's made by the same guys that made Grim Fandango and it seems like a relatively quick platinum.

I'm interested in Titan Souls and I've heard good things about This War of Mine, but I'll probably hold off on playing either until I'm further through my backlog.
  • CurlyJo16CurlyJo1638,263
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 08:34
    Xx_bRICKed_xX said:
    New to the PS, so seeing this is really cool. Been wanting to play This War of Mine, so that's a def. plus for me. Will also try out the other PS4 game as well.
    Same here. Appreciating the positive comments on here for both of the PS4 games so I'm happy to try both.
  • TiawynTiawyn254,142
    Posted on 31 December 16 at 17:24
    PSN says that Azkend 2 is also cross buy
    "Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS4™ system and 'PS Vita' system versions!"
    so does that mean we will get both ps4 and Vita versions? I guess I will find out on Tuesday.

I was thinking of buying Azkend 2 when it was released but never did, now I can try it free smile
  • KBop_a_dooKBop_a_doo22,558
    Posted on 31 December 16 at 21:13
    Tiawyn said:
    PSN says that Azkend 2 is also cross buy
    "Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS4™ system and 'PS Vita' system versions!"
    so does that mean we will get both ps4 and Vita versions? I guess I will find out on Tuesday.

I was thinking of buying Azkend 2 when it was released but never did, now I can try it free smile
    That would be a great surprise! I just double checked and both versions do indeed say it entitles you to both the PS4 and PS Vita versions, but the original announcement on the PS blog didn't list it as cross-buy, so that is odd. We'll find out!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.