Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PlayStation Now Adds 25 PS3 Games

• Posted on 10 November 16 at 02:44
    I've wanted to play Catherine for some time now and I finally have the chance to!
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91464,954
    Posted on 10 November 16 at 03:52
    Oh god, Catherine. Such a difficult and disturbingly creepy game. If I ever do give in to PS Now, that's one I have no inclination to ever play again. laugh Great game, but definitely not for me! Tennis in the Face is a nice little easy completion in that list.
  • Harris59Harris591,060,509
    Posted on 10 November 16 at 06:29
    I recommend Catherine.

Velocity Ultra too, if it's anything like Velocity2X.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • NuPhoenixXNuPhoenixX93,627
    Posted on 10 November 16 at 13:17
    Nitroplus Blasterz is an actual accessible anime fighter. Started it yesterday, really enjoying it. Trophies seem to be easy too. No Win 100 matches in a ranked mode type trophies. For once, all of them are for offline play!
  • CrawedadCrawedad245,237
    Posted on 10 November 16 at 19:10
    I've never used Playstation Now, but assuming it's just a digital copy of Catherine, etc? Why not just put them for sale on the PS Network?
  • Harris59Harris591,060,509
    Posted on 11 November 16 at 00:55
    Crawedad said:
    I've never used Playstation Now, but assuming it's just a digital copy of Catherine, etc? Why not just put them for sale on the PS Network?
    It's a streaming service, not just a digital copy.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Posted on 11 November 16 at 12:27
    PlayStation Now streams PS3 games, as the PS4 is unable to play them natively on the PS4 hardware.

Instead the game is run from servers on the internet, and you just get the screen and your inputs are sent back, like using the PS Vita Remote Play controlling the PS4, the Vita is just showing the screen and sending your inputs back, the game is running on the PS4, not the Vita.

You do have the problems of internet connection, lag, and the fact you have to pay again if you already own the game on disc or digital (PS3).

I'm hoping they adopt the Microsoft model, and allow those of us with PS3 discs to insert them into the PS4 and allow us to play the PS Now version of the game for as long as the disc is present in the drive, or those who purchased digitally can access those without restriction.

Don't forget to sync your game progress to and from your cloud save (PS Plus), as it's a bit confusing about the save system, you certainly need to do this to be able to continue playing on a PS3, but it sounds as though you need to if using a different PS Now device.

However, PlayStation Now game saves are not automatically synced to PlayStation Plus Online Storage. So, if you want to pick up a game that you have rented and play it on another system, you will need to manually sync these saves.

The same goes for any trophies that you earn during the rental period - these will save to the cloud, but to become visible on your PlayStation Network account, they will need to be manually synced to and from PlayStation Now servers.
    - https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/serv...

However, their caveat that concerns me is:
    You can also sometimes load your saves from when you previously played the game on disc or download on PlayStation 3 provided you saved to Plus Online Storage. However, you may find that you will not be able to pick up from your last non-PlayStation Now save and your previous trophies will not sync with your new PlayStation Now session. Don’t worry - this does not mean that you will lose your trophies and saves from your original gameplay; only that PlayStation Now may not recognise them.
    That and the cost of it, I feel as a PS Plus subscriber, and a long term PS3 owner (big library of PS3 titles) that Sony are not doing their best in this area, certainly not compared to Microsoft.
    Also concerning is the queuing system for peak times, would be annoying if you're paying the subscription and then you can't play or have to wait due to the times you're able to play.

7 days also very short for a trial, some of us work 5 of those days after all.
    AceSoloMcCloud
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.