Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TGN Top Five: Games To Keep You Company This Halloween

• GAMERJETGAMERJET577,067
    Posted on 23 October 16 at 17:04
    Dead Space is awesome! That's one game I would easily buy a remaster of anyday. Hopefully we see a 4th entry soon! That game is perfect is for trophy hunters and any survival horror fan.

Bioshock is another great entry and with the relatively recent release of the collection, everyone should take the series for a spin!
    Remember to give credit to the person who got you to join the site!
  • Posted on 23 October 16 at 17:50
    I would have added FIFA 16, the gameplay in that is horrifying! laugh.
  • Posted on 23 October 16 at 20:22
    You're missing Splatterhouse (PS3/Xbox360). It's more "Halloween" themed than any game on this list, and includes the original 3 Splatterhouse games.
  • Posted on 23 October 16 at 20:46, Edited on 23 October 16 at 20:47 by ExtremePhobia
    DragonessHera said:
    You're missing Splatterhouse (PS3/Xbox360). It's more "Halloween" themed than any game on this list, and includes the original 3 Splatterhouse games.
    Lay down the law! Why does it belong on the list (aside from being Halloweeny)? What would you bump?

We don't have room for every game we like (I would probably like to put Parasite Eve on there wink), but there's always room in the comments to discuss more or present your own list smile
  • Posted on 24 October 16 at 02:29
    ExtremePhobia said:
    DragonessHera said:
    Lay down the law! Why does it belong on the list (aside from being Halloweeny)? What would you bump?

We don't have room for every game we like (I would probably like to put Parasite Eve on there wink), but there's always room in the comments to discuss more or present your own list smile
    I would definitely bump off GEARS OF WAR (not scary at all) and replace it with SPLATTER HOUSE,! Check out UNTIL DAWN if you like cheesy horror. The game has a good story and is fun to play in the dark
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault306,839
    Posted on 24 October 16 at 03:05
    Defintely Dead Space! Between that, Alan Wake and Until Dawn I have plenty of reasons to keep the lights off at night!
  • darkchris23darkchris231,011,385
    Posted on 24 October 16 at 22:54
    definetly dead space. sad to see alan wake or silent didn't even make it on the list
  • TinCannEdTinCannEd354,517
    Posted on 24 October 16 at 23:32
    I love Costume Quest, but it does not belong on this list. It has absolutely no scare factor & is not spooky at all. Also, I love Bioshock, as well, but another title that doesn't belong here.

I would add to the list, Silent Hill 2 (Or even SH1, which was really creepy) and Either game in the Parasite Eve Series (A Series that DEFINITELY needs some remaster/remake attention)
    [URL=http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/TinCannEd][IMG]http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/TinCannEd.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • Posted on 25 October 16 at 00:59, Edited on 25 October 16 at 01:01 by ExtremePhobia
    Parasite Eve is a personal favorite, though as much I liked it, it really doesn't hold up. I played it about a year ago, and I didn't get around to finishing it.

Costume Quest is a game about Halloween. I mean how many Christmas movies are there that are really just Christmas Movies by virtue of taking place on Christmas? Costume Quest is a much better Halloween game than Die Hard is a Christmas movie (and it's totally a Christmas movie, or else I'll fight you wink).
  • Harris59Harris591,196,223
    Posted on 25 October 16 at 01:01
    Silent Hill.
    Silent Hill.
    Silent Hill.

But, on an unrelated note, when I saw there was a video and I read the title TGN I almost thought you were the same channel behind those AWFUL videos who are called TGN (you may have seen them around) but then I clicked the video and realised you're an entirely seperate channel lol.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Posted on 25 October 16 at 14:56
    I am with GAMERJET, Dead Space is probably my favourite horror game. I think Costume Quest belongs on the list because it's dedicated to the theme, and it doesn't have to be scary. If you want to only play scary games then fine, ignore it, but if you're looking for something to simply enjoy this halloween without trying to disturb yourself then there's nothing more fitting in my opinion.

I think Until Dawn would have earnt its place on the list. For Parasite Eve fans The 3rd Birthday is available digitally and playable on Vita and PS TV so if you fancy some of that action this halloween... though beware I spent over 120 hours on it personally so you may end up playing that until christmas (appropriate!)
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
  • Posted on 27 October 16 at 17:19
    I feel like the honourable mentions are more suitable choices than most of the games mentioned in the actual top 5. As others have mentioned, Silent Hill certainly deserves a mention. I also recommend DOOM, Alien Isolation and Alan Wake.
  • Posted on 01 November 16 at 00:58
    Outlast and Dead Space 2 were excellent games - probably the creepiest I've ever played!
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • Dormouse03Dormouse03178,238
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 05:27
    Nice list! Personally, I'd replace Gears of War and Costume Quest with Silent Hill 2 and Until Dawn, but you have some nice picks.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads