Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Special Effects and Music of Lightning Returns

• Posted on 23 November 13 at 12:57
    Why only the first two weeks? Oh well, I'll grab it- though I'm happy with the English voiceovers.
    That first video is really unusual, I like it.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 24 November 13 at 06:44, Edited on 24 November 13 at 06:46 by The_Rottler
    Marking calendar for the download now. I guess DLC knows no limits or shame, even voiceovers qualify for it now? Yeesh!

One other slightly on topic note, Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn currently has FATE quests going on around the server. Its a really cool tie in worth a mention. Basically you join others on the server in certain areas and meet up with Lightning while she fights creatures from her games, the FATE COMPLETED text even shows up in the different font style. Nice touch and so far its more of an integration or tie in between franchises than Defiance has even come close to being!
  • Posted on 24 November 13 at 14:36
    don't forget you get lightning's outfit if your female and snows if your male.
  • Posted on 24 November 13 at 18:56
    It's looking pretty good so far, I may use the JP VA's, kind've tired of Ali Hilis now. I'd love to get started on XIV and take part in these events, but I want to finish some backlog so I can give it the time and dedication it needs. Hopefully these quests will pop up again in the future.
  • Posted on 29 November 13 at 19:03
    I did not care for the first, is the second any better?
  • Posted on 30 November 13 at 05:49
    Pay for original voices? I mean, ha, what? Still, thoughtful and on the right track for redeeming the FF13 series, IMO.

Thanks for the tip, though. We can always DL the "patch" and decide on purchase later.

It's just ironic that they pay actors to butcher the atmosphere of the script, only to charge again to revert to the authentic version. I understand it's a niche argument but YouTube a Japanese vs. English FF13 comparison to get a better idea of why this series should had included Japanese voice as an option from game one.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads