ExtremePhobia
ExtremePhobia
Posted on 19 August 16 at 20:41
Stranger in a strange space

Please click here to read the story: No Man's Sky Review

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 20 August 16 at 08:51, Edited on 20 August 16 at 08:56 by
I watched tons of videos from this games development over the past two years and then quite a few hours of Let's Play's since it's release and I honestly can't work out what this is? most games have a clearly defined end goal but this game from what I can see just seems to be, go to this planet, look at some things, get some parts for your ship and move on.

Surely that's not all there is? is there a storyline?
Gamers don't die, we respawn!
Tex_Appeal
Tex_Appeal
Posted on 20 August 16 at 13:32
No Man's Sky is chiefly Minecraft in space. The game's true draw is supposed to be "Explore the Galaxy!" Every other detail, including the story, is kept minor so that it doesn't get in your way. The planets may be different visually, but are the same in essence. Enduring a cold world or a highly radioactive one uses the exact same resources. It isn't a bad game, just rough around the edges. The only trophy that you need to go out of your way for is for 32 consecutive days of extreme survival on one planet. The other trophies come naturally as you play.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 20 August 16 at 14:48, Edited on 20 August 16 at 14:49 by
Thanks Tex_Appeal, that's what I was assuming. I guess it's not really the game for me then.

I need a point, if there isn't anything more than 'explore and survive' then I don't really think I'll get much from this.

I hope others all enjoy it though.
Gamers don't die, we respawn!
Tex_Appeal
Tex_Appeal
Posted on 20 August 16 at 19:41
I just hum "I would walk 500 miles" between outposts. Makes the game more cheery.
Nollatron
Nollatron
Posted on 22 August 16 at 08:35
This game comes very close to being spot on but ultimately for me just misses the mark.

I love the idea of exploring the galaxy, seeing things that no one else has seen, finding new species etc. One feature that may have added a few more miles on the clock would be a mini mission type thing. For example going to a colonial outpost where you meet an alien, it would be great to be given an objective for that planet instead of just a dialog exchange, some help with the language or just an upgrade that you've probably received.

other than scanning the all life forms on the planet, the trophies are definitely doable so will preserver with the platinum but I don't see me playing beyond that.
KillerfoxUru
KillerfoxUru
Posted on 02 December 16 at 20:31
It would be interesting to know how the game will be after all the patches that the devs have announced.
TheCanonGuy
Posted on 01 February 17 at 19:51
My daughter was expecting this since she saw it for the first time, even watched together poor reviews like Angry Joe's one. Besides all of that she always wanted to play it so I finally purchased it last week. Installed lastest patch (v1.13 foundation update).
She launched the game (loves minecraft by the way). Started the game in normal and got disorientes after a few minutes. Needed a tutorial told me so. So after dying went to creative mode and got bored travelling 7 minutes to the selected planet.
Sad.
I mean, she was knowing what kind of game is, but anyway got dissapointed. A player that invested hundred of hours in minecraft...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.