Community News

News for and about the commnunity. Only TT Newshounds can start threads here.

Community Interview: ItsKrista

• Posted on 24 July 16 at 16:57
    Great Interview!! Love the bunnies!!
    Hi!
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,153
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 17:47
    Enjoyable interview, thanks! Love the giant Anna figure. laugh
  • GAMERJETGAMERJET577,115
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 19:22
    The bunnies are adorable rock
    Remember to give credit to the person who got you to join the site!
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault308,497
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 20:03
    Good interview my little nerd!
  • Rick_NyaRick_Nya1,459,057
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 23:16
    Great interview. Lots of game consoles right there. Congrats.
  • Posted on 25 July 16 at 11:50
    Aww, those bunnies are super cute! Nice interview! :)
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,013
    Posted on 25 July 16 at 22:12
    You need a GameCube in that collection. Great interview!
    The King of Hyrule
  • RhinoVanDamRhinoVanDam929,260
    Posted on 26 July 16 at 01:10
    Great interview nice to see them back up!
  • Posted on 26 July 16 at 12:44
    Linkx41 said:
    Don't need it as the Wii has hardware B/C. I was wondering why both Wii and Wii U until I figured that out. Smart girl
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
  • boldfox85boldfox85535,903
    Posted on 26 July 16 at 20:38
    Interesting read. Love all the consoles and games. Out of interest why is FF13 your fave ending over say FF9 as both had happy endings. 9 more so than 13 though :D
    GT: boldfoxrd
  • CyanaxCyanax180,976
    Posted on 26 July 16 at 20:45
    Good interview. My only issue is that there was Twilight stuff on the same shelf as a bunch of awesome old Nintendo games. laugh
    Pretend inferiority and encourage their arrogance.
  • Posted on 27 July 16 at 00:15
    rdenton85 said:
    Interesting read. Love all the consoles and games. Out of interest why is FF13 your fave ending over say FF9 as both had happy endings. 9 more so than 13 though :D
    I WAS a little surprised by that. But to each their own =)

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,013
    Posted on 27 July 16 at 02:33
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    Linkx41 said:
    Don't need it as the Wii has hardware B/C. I was wondering why both Wii and Wii U until I figured that out. Smart girl
    That dependss on the Wii hardware she has. Backwards compatability was removed in 2011 models.
    The King of Hyrule
  • ItsKristaItsKrista534,349
    Posted on 27 July 16 at 16:44
    ExtremePhobia said:
    rdenton85 said:

I only started with FF12 because I was only really playing kiddy games on PS1. I will get to the old Final Fantasy games when my backlog allows it. laugh
  • Posted on 27 July 16 at 17:51
    Linkx41 said:
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    Don't need [GC] as the Wii has hardware B/C...
    That dependss on the Wii hardware she has. Backwards compatability was removed in 2011 models.
    You can tell it's the BC model because the Wii Family Edition has the logo turned lengthways on the front, whereas in the picture you can see it is the original end design.
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
  • boldfox85boldfox85535,903
    Posted on 29 July 16 at 14:19
    ItsKrista said:
    ExtremePhobia said:
    rdenton85 said:

I only started with FF12 because I was only really playing kiddy games on PS1. I will get to the old Final Fantasy games when my backlog allows it. laugh
    I'm still hoping that FF9 will get put on PS4 much like FF7 did. I'd love to beat Ozma again and have the trophy as proof :p
    GT: boldfoxrd
  • Posted on 01 September 16 at 18:41
    Nice interview, gotta say that's a sweet collection you got and I especially love the avatar choice... Just been blessed with a baby girl and had to go with the name Ellie smile
    Are we born not knowing or are we born knowing all, are we growing wiser or are we just growing tall
  • Posted on 02 September 16 at 02:06
    ItsKrista said:
    12 or 13? It's funny, I actually don't mind 13. I enjoyed the game just fine. I think the nail in the game's coffin was the combat. It was a fun system... when you understood them. And I really mean understood them. The concepts weren't hard, but all the jargony crap was terrible. The combat could have been good inside of five hours, but the learning curve they were trying to match was the poor conveyance of the mechanics rather than the actual understanding of the mechanics themselves...

Oh, also the "Auto-*" ability. Basically, the combat boiled down to just making sure you had the right combination of classes... or schema... or paradigm? and then just jamming that button.

If the combat hadn't taken so long to get to a good spot, the stumbling story wouldn't have been as much of a problem.

Everybody was pissed that it was linear, but X was very linear, and people weren't really as pissed at that one (until XIII came out, and then people seem to have become retroactively pissed about it). It's a terrible criticism, though. I mean Final Fantasy VII was great, but it's not the open world or the three tiles of town screens that people remember most. The most memorable parts, and by far the best story parts, were the parts where you were locked into a certain path. Midgar. City of the Ancients. The prison under the Golden Saucer. IX was pretty similar, or perhaps even more so. There were quite a few places where, even though you could go to the World Map, there was only really one thing for you to do. Between VII and X, VIII is probably the game that gives you the most freedom from the start (aside from the flashbacks... but even then), and it was one of the most harshly received...

As for XII, that was by far the most open game since the top down style games. I personally didn't enjoy it much. I heard that the main character was actually supposed to be Balthier, but that they didn't think he was heroic enough or something. I could easily see where that was the case, because I really hated the main character. He was a dumb, annoying, cipher, who also happened to seem completely incapable of doing anything. Balthier was like a cross between Zidane and Han Solo. He was a great character, and he actually had ties to the story. Vaan? not so much.

Some really like that game. I'm eager to replay it to see if my opinion still stands. To be fair, the entire game was actually really good except for that problem, and problems that caused with the story. Combat and other systems were enjoyable.
  • Posted on 02 September 16 at 09:18
    I like that statue you've got in front of your PS3 games. Also are those custom cases your using for MediEvil and MediEvil 2, as they look pretty cool from the spine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads