Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Score Rush Extended Announced For PS4

• Posted on 31 May 16 at 18:44
    Well I'm goint to keep this as brief a spossible as it's now 2.30am and I'm sleepy but I've gotta share my view. Me and Billy haven't know each other long as I'm pretty new to TT and not so active socially but we often have opposing views on games etc. This usually comes down to taste which again we're all on here free to share and if so inclined write a review or give it a quick rate.

On this point though I agree with Billy, his argument has been overstepped with rhetoric. He's talking about the principle of the action and not how much of an effect it will have on the consumer, honestly a few rates on a game on a site with as yet few members isn't going to have much of an impact but it's this kind of BS that snowballs into bigger things and there's no doubt shadier things going on out there but why accept it when it so blatantly obvious and in front of us.

Making this argument makes me sounds like the gaming review equivalent of a grammar Nazi but again it's the principle above all else that counts.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 May 16 at 19:25
    Thank you GAMERJET for deleting one post of me and severely crippling another, and thank you Rich for telling me to shut up.

Apparently developers upvoting their own game is fine but freedom of speech for the actual users is not allowed. What a fun site this is becoming.

Of course, keeping in line with your pettiness, you will now also censor this post since it's a "public callout".

To think I actually was a mod in the TA days and I actively rebelled against people being censored like this. Good too see the censor mods are still going strong, no wonder I wasn't allowed to move my mod activity over to TT.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 31 May 16 at 19:38
    Billy, I think you need to take a step back and calm down before posting. I agree the response of TT was bit over the top, but you are not handling this is a proper manner. Posting whilst you are annoyed is bringing out your worst side.

The removal of the post by GAMERJET had a valid point. It was a pointless post that added nothing. You would have been better wording a proper response there. Removing it or not is a different point, but the reason was valid.

The edit of your other post was valid. You can't name names. It has always been a rule. Had the same happen to one of my posts in the past, and I wasn't even bashing anyone.
    I'm commander Shepard and this is my favourite trophy site on the internet
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 May 16 at 22:59
    Well I think my post was entirely justified and I'll have to explain why.

Battllestarr said:Awesome game. I think playing score rush is making me smarter. It's like a part of my brain that is underutilized has to activate to do well at Score Rush.This ID obviously belongs to either a developer or someone who knows one. It hasn't obtained a trophy for over a year and just signed on to TT to gush about their own game. It's so obvious and blatant it isn't even funny.

Yet when I try to point this out, I'm the one who gets his mouth taped while all other posts made against me are allowed to stand. Apparently TT values a developer cheating his way into good publicity more than a loyal user who actually makes contributions to the site.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 31 May 16 at 23:35
    I completely get what you are saying.

I would note that the developer is very small. According to wikipedia it is 2 people. They are obviously trying to promote their game as best they can. Yes it isn't good practise, but it is hard to make a name for yourself when you don't have the big marketing budget.

I think at this point you should leave it there. People can now decide what they want from this and move on.
    I'm commander Shepard and this is my favourite trophy site on the internet
  • TrueTrophyTrueTrophy11,380
    Posted on 01 June 16 at 11:15
    I honestly find it staggering that you have an issue with this. They are the developers, of course they are going to like their own game!
  • XonatronXonatron14,877
    Posted on 01 June 16 at 14:22, Edited on 01 June 16 at 15:07 by Xonatron
    I rated my own game 5/5 stars, as a gamer. I thought my vote as a gamer counted? If I am wrong on this, I will remove it.

The rest of the ratings and reviews were from pre-release reviews or showcase copies.

I have not asked anyone to rate the game 5/5.

I have asked reviewers to join this site. I connect to most reviewers personally, when they email me (as opposed to connecting to my marketing company). I am just a single guy running a small studio. I tend to connect with others as a gamer. If I have tripped here, then I apologize. It was not my intention to mislead anyone. Xonatron is a public account and I thought it was ok to vote using it. I come right in these threads with full transparency that I am the developer. I COULD BE DOING IT WRONG.

The account in question has the #1 score on the online scoreboards. He understands the game -- on some level -- better than anyone else who has played it. That is not something fake. His ratings, reviews, and posts count as legit. He was given a pre-release copy of the game a few days before launch to showcase it at a shmup event. He had never played it before, not counting the X360 version from 5 years ago.

Let me share the personal side of this. Whenever I see friends -- pure friends -- post about how much they like the game, or that they've rated it 5 stars, it is an unbelievable feeling. It is not something I am coordinating. I am reacting to it as much as anyone. It is hard to coordinate ratings. I could maybe get 5 people to give fake reviews, if I pushed uncomfortably on my friends. The reality is, the average close friend -- including friends in the industry -- will not even rate your game. Or they will ask about the Xbox One version! (We need the PS4 version to succeed before we can even talk about that!) They are just gamers too. Plus, they tend to be ultra busy. The ratings ultimately come from the gaming public and are out of our control.

It's interesting to talk about ratings, as we were hammered on this before by an attack on our top rated games: http://xona.com/2011/07/06.html

The way ratings work is that true fans come in first and rate the game high and the ratings eventually slip downward as the general public comes in and rates the game normally. It happens pretty quick and has happened with every game we released.

For what it's worth, our studio is two people in size and the other developer has not voted for the game yet.
    Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
  • XonatronXonatron14,877
    Posted on 01 June 16 at 15:07
    I have adjusted my rating to 4/5, 80%, to match what we are getting on MetaCritic, which is 83.333...% right now. Once enough reviews dilute my vote, I will put it back to 5/5 because anyone viewing my public profile should see the true opinion I have on my own game -- biased or not.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/score-rush-exte...
  • GAMERJETGAMERJET575,566
    Posted on 01 June 16 at 15:23
    Xonatron said:I have adjusted my rating to 4/5, 80%, to match what we are getting on MetaCritic, which is 83.333...% right now. Once enough reviews dilute my vote, I will put it back to 5/5 because anyone viewing my public profile should see the true opinion I have on my own game -- biased or not.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/score-rush-exte...
    Thank you for taking the time to post a response Matthew. I appreciate the openness and sharing with the TT community. The article you posted about the game ratings was quite surprising. I never would of guessed that those star ratings actually did anything.
    Remember to give credit to the person who got you to join the site!
  • XonatronXonatron14,877
    Posted on 01 June 16 at 19:23
    GAMERJET, you are welcome.

Ratings do matter for sales WHEN they are marketplace (store) ratings on a platform that has no visibility outside of top selling and top rated rankings, as was the case with XBLIG. We had 3 out of the top 5 on Japan and had 2 of the top 30 in the U.S. (Our own personal ratings on XBLIG would have only affected Canada, so we did not 'hack' our games to these positions.) We were hacked off those boards, as the article details, and without the visibility our sales dropped to near zero.
  • KillevelootKilleveloot116,565
    Posted on 03 June 16 at 12:05, Edited on 03 June 16 at 13:46 by Killeveloot
    I figure if the President can vote for himself, I don't see why a team (of 2 people) that worked their asses off can not do the same. It's one vote out of... ALL OF EARTH. And after all, the truth will be shown in the end. I do not own this game yet. But, I highly support good indie titles.

I believe the dev voted 5/5 as kind of a 'send off' for something they think of as a piece of their soul. A wish of good luck.. if you will. They are a human being with the capacity for thought and the blessing of free will.

When you begin to say a person has no voice, then what does that make you.

A lot of people look at this situation like the guy is trying to rig an election.. I don't see it that way.

I simply think he loves what he does. And where's the wrong in that?

Upon reflection, I will buy this game. I love dual stick shooters, and I wish the dev team the best of luck.

I am not part of any team and I have not received a dime to say this. A lot of you guys know who I am. I simply like rooting for the underdog.

Remember, every expert was once a beginner.

Check @OS_Killeveloot for scores, I love the music, #72 in the world within 2 games.

I like it. Like a bullet-hell-zen kind of experience. I can already tell this is gonna be one of my chill out games. lol.

If your on the fence about this game.. If you like DSS's, then I would say buy it. $8 is a good price point.
    Game Info Editor - Leap Frog 2015 winner
  • Posted on 03 June 16 at 13:25
    Killeveloot: Come on man, what are you doing triple posting, edit that because I don't want to see another mod edit in this thread laugh (Not to mention three posts is enough to take it back to the top of the hot threads!)

By the way Xonatron thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed explanation. Unexpectedly I learnt a lot about XBLIG, sounds like a good thing it's dead. Here's hoping you have a better time on the Playstation marketplace but make another push on the promotion.
    Hopefully more professional reviews come in though it may be a catch-22 that the biggest sites aren't reviewing it because nobody's heard of it, and nobody's heard of it because the big sites aren't covering it. Maybe it will still find its place with the indie shmup community.
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.