Games with Trophy issues

• Posted on 20 December 16 at 16:27
    Skrydger said:
    Needs to be split into episodes
    The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Trophies
    These have been split out. Thanks for letting us know
    I'm commander Shepard and this is my favourite trophy site on the internet
  • Posted on 21 December 16 at 13:19
    The below game is listed as 'Space Hulk Ascension'.

SPACE HULK Ascension Trophies

Its actually the PS4 version of the earlier PS3 game 'Space Hulk'.
  • TiawynTiawyn283,063
    Posted on 21 December 16 at 17:19, Edited on 21 December 16 at 18:05 by Tiawyn
    Milky_Bandit said:
    The below game is listed as 'Space Hulk Ascension'.

SPACE HULK Ascension Trophies

Its actually the PS4 version of the earlier PS3 game 'Space Hulk'.
    PSN is showing Space Hulk Ascension as a different game than Space Hulk.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/q=space%20hulk
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/search/q=space%20hulk

there is both a Space Hulk Ascension and a Space Hulk showing on PSN store for ps4.
  • Posted on 21 December 16 at 20:45
    Correct.
    And the trophies listed above as ascension are actually the ps4 space hulk ones not ascension.
  • Posted on 22 December 16 at 00:17
    Milky_Bandit said:
    Correct.
    And the trophies listed above as ascension are actually the ps4 space hulk ones not ascension.
    I have made a note internally for this to be corrected. Not something I have permission to fix myself. Thanks for letting us know
  • SkrydgerSkrydger49,158
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 19:16, Edited on 29 December 16 at 19:18 by Skrydger
    Final Fantasy XV seems to have a few issues with different regional versions.

Firstly, there are two versions that show, when using the search box, as exactly the same, just "Final Fantasy" with nothing in brackets. One of them has Japanese text on the trophies:

This one has Japanese text:
    FINAL FANTASY XV
    This one is the NA version
    Final Fantasy XV

There are two more:

This one says (EU):
    Final Fantasy XV (EU) Trophies
    This one says (JP) and also has Japanese text:
    Final Fantasy XV (JP)

One of the two unlabeled versions has Japanese text and there's an actual JP version on top of that. Maybe it's actually Chinese text or something, but it should have a differentiating label in the name if so, so it's not confused with the NA version.

The NA version has no forum or anything, neither does the JP version, or the other unlabeled version. I believe only the EU version has it.

Some of these may be by design, but wanted to point it all out.
  • Posted on 30 December 16 at 11:55
    Skrydger said:
    FINAL FANTASY XV
    One of the two unlabeled versions has Japanese text and there's an actual JP version on top of that. Maybe it's actually Chinese text or something, but it should have a differentiating label in the name if so, so it's not confused with the NA version.
    The one in capslock is not japanese, it's chinese, though for all I know it could be the hong kong release. I am not on the GI team but I heard one mention this so I am sure it is on their to do list somewhere, but it is always helpful to collate information so thanks.

In the meantime you can distinguish the asian release from the american release by the caps/noncaps... yes I know the initial search results are all caps regardless which is kind of a pain. The same problem exists with A King's Tale and many others, the search really needs a rework. Anyway if you have a version in your game collection it is probably quicker to navigate to it that way than by searching since it will take you specifically to the version you click on.
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
  • SkrydgerSkrydger49,158
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 14:27
    Thanks for the reply. What about the issue with the missing forum? There is no forum or other tabs on the NA version, for example. Will they get added in at some point?
  • Posted on 02 January 17 at 23:28
    Skrydger said:
    Thanks for the reply. What about the issue with the missing forum? There is no forum or other tabs on the NA version, for example. Will they get added in at some point?
    Right, that too. I'm afraid I know nothing of it, but perhaps if you make a thread for it in the bug forum hopefully someone with that knowledge can say whether it's by design or by bug - I can't imagine why the NA version wouldn't have a forum as that's the one with the largest playerbase, but I can see why it would make sense to have the topics consolidated in just one forum per game.
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
  • Posted on 06 January 17 at 18:45, Edited on 06 January 17 at 18:57 by BeardedScot86
    Skrydger said:
    Final Fantasy XV seems to have a few issues with different regional versions.

Firstly, there are two versions that show, when using the search box, as exactly the same, just "Final Fantasy" with nothing in brackets. One of them has Japanese text on the trophies:

FINAL FANTASY XV (HK/TW)
    This one is the NA version
    Final Fantasy XV

There are two more:

This one says (EU):
    Final Fantasy XV Trophies
    This one says (JP) and also has Japanese text:
    Final Fantasy XV (JP)

The NA version has no forum or anything, neither does the JP version, or the other unlabeled version. I believe only the EU version has it.

Some of these may be by design, but wanted to point it all out.
    All the versions have been fixed. There were decisions to be made which caused the delay. Thanks for your patience.
  • SkrydgerSkrydger49,158
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 19:10
    Thanks, looks good on my end!
  • TehCroTehCro1,598,774
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 00:49
    Not sure if it belongs here but I noticed that Max Payne 3 is listed in the NBA Live Series on the site.
  • NomstuffNomstuff79,190
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 01:38
    That's rather strange.

And it's fixed now toast
    http://raptr.com/badge/Nomsheep/fs_overall.png
  • ImperatorA3ImperatorA3735,483
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,298,497
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 18:41, Edited on 24 January 17 at 18:45 by AtsumaKarin
    For a long time, I've been trying to think of something witty and funny to use for my signature. The wait goes on...[laugh]
  • NomstuffNomstuff79,190
  • Posted on 25 January 17 at 10:39
    ImperatorA3 said:
    Borderlands has a 1 trophy DLC (Title Update for Borderlands) that should be part of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx add-on.
    This will be due to you being able to reach rank 51 without the DLC. If the trophy will unlock without owning the DLC then it is put in a Title Update, otherwise people end up with an incomplete game for not owning DLC.

ImperatorA3 said:
    The Vita version of The Walking Dead doesn't seperate the 400 days DLC (The Walking Dead (Vita) Trophies)
    Unlike the PS3 release, the Vita and PS4 versions did not release until the 400 days DLC was ready. This means it was included in the base game and is not separated out.

As Nom confirmed, everything else listed is a remaster / GOTY and therefore it isn't possible to buy those games without the DLC and there
  • ImperatorA3ImperatorA3735,483
    Posted on 25 January 17 at 14:05
    Thanks, good to know.
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,298,497
    Posted on 25 January 17 at 14:39, Edited on 25 January 17 at 14:40 by AtsumaKarin
    Nomstuff said:
    TO all of the the above. The remastered and GOTY editions were released as one complete title so the DLC is part of the base game and isn't split off.
    Yes, I get that but you don't need those DLC trophies to get the Platinum, which is usually what constitutes a base game completion.

Also: they're clearly separated as DLC officially on the PSN servers (all of the ones I listed, I checked) so imho, even though they come together with the game as a freebie, they should still be separated on here the same way they are offically!
    For a long time, I've been trying to think of something witty and funny to use for my signature. The wait goes on...[laugh]
  • Posted on 25 January 17 at 14:58
    AtsumaKarin said:
    Nomstuff said:
    TO all of the the above. The remastered and GOTY editions were released as one complete title so the DLC is part of the base game and isn't split off.
    Yes, I get that but you don't need those DLC trophies to get the Platinum, which is usually what constitutes a base game completion.

Also: they're clearly separated as DLC officially on the PSN servers (all of the ones I listed, I checked) so imho, even though they come together with the game as a freebie, they should still be separated on here the same way they are offically!
    This argument has been discussed many many times throughout this thread and others. This policy is a site policy, not the official Sony policy. The platinum is not part of the thought process, only if everyone can get the trophy or not. If there is no way to buy the game without getting the DLC at launch, then the DLC is included in the main game list.

The logic for this is to do with True Trophy calculations. Splitting them out gives them a different calculation and ratio than if they are left as part of the game. As everyone does own the DLC, the ratio should be calculated as such.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads