The Debating Chamber

Forum for intelligent debate on possibly controversial topics related to gaming

Playstation Classics you'd like to see on PSN.

• AhayzoAhayzo66,957
    Posted on 26 August 13 at 19:37
    Just found out that Japan got a Playstation release of The Neverhood way back when, called Klaymen Klaymen. So, uh, yea... GIMME!!
  • Posted on 27 November 13 at 21:35
    Gex, that may be on there, I've not really looked.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 November 13 at 21:47, Edited on 27 November 13 at 21:49 by
    Leo_Ascendent said:
    Gex, that may be on there, I've not really looked.
    $6 https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/ge...)/cid=UP9000-NPUJ00042_00-0000000000000001

Working hyperlink

And $6 for Gex: Deep Cover Gecko https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/ge...)/cid=UP9000-NPUJ00806_00-0000000000000001

Working hyperlink

(you'll have to copy and paste the urls or use the hyperlinks)
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 December 13 at 22:30
    toast
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.
  • kurt1271kurt127193,130
    Posted on 13 December 13 at 23:19
    ALIEN_CURE said:
    BRING BACK COLONY WARS , BEST SPACE ACTION/FLIGHT SIMS EVER !!! , WITH A THUMPING SOUNDTRACK ASWELL
    Hell Yeah! My brother-in-law and I were just talking about what an awesome game that was.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 December 13 at 01:23
    Colony Wars and G Police were my favorite Psygnosis games...

In fact, G Police was the first game I ever bought on the original Playstation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71HI_RgIhGQ
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to succeed.
  • Posted on 16 December 13 at 00:38
    EmpathicMIMIC said:
    What about Drakengard? I enjoyed that one.

OH! And Oni was good too (played it on the PC and the PS2 wink)
    I can see them releasing a pack of Drakengard 1 and 2 if 3 sells well enough.

Here's hoping!
  • Posted on 19 December 13 at 11:52
    EmpathicMIMIC said:
    OH! And Oni was good too
    Oni was fucking awesome I would love a remake of that one :o
    Share the love in Little Big planet for the Share, Create and Crowdpleaser trophy! http://www.truetrophies.com/gamingsession.aspx?gamingsessionid=332
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 14 at 09:35, Edited on 29 July 14 at 09:35 by
    Nice thread!

PS4 is my first Playstation so I'm happy that Last Of Us is getting remastered. I missed a bunch of exclusives so I got a nice wishlist going...

I'd like to see the following games appear on the PS4, either ported or remastered (forgive me if some have appeared on the PS3 too - according to the OP it's PS1 and PS2 only but since PS4 is here now...):
    Jak & Daxter - the original trilogy of PS2 games. I thought these were awesome while playing them at my nephew's and they definitely top my list. Rest of list in no particular order.
    Heavy Rain
    LittleBigPlanet(2), though I'd be just as happy with number 3 arriving
    The Unfinished Swan
    Star Wars Racer Revenge
    , or any kind of cool new podrace game
    Star Wars (Jedi) Starfighter or a decent new Rogue Squadron game. Probably never going to happen either, though I still have a ...new... hope now that Disney has Lucasarts that there will be some good Star Wars games to come. But that's a discussion for a different thread.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 29 July 14 at 22:02, Edited on 29 July 14 at 22:03 by Prem-aka-Prince
    BillyHorrible said:
    (...according to the OP it's PS1 and PS2 only but since PS4 is here now...)
    Jak & Daxter - the original trilogy of PS2 games.
    Heavy Rain
    The Unfinished Swan
    considering how much they over-charge for 'remasters', it'd probably be cheaper just to buy a cheap PS3 and get the PS3 versions for the rock bottom prices they've hit xD PS1 and PS2 can be hard to connect these days but PS3 has all the connections of the modern era smile
    On the other hand, Jack & Daxter trilogy is available on vita too- but I heard it was a poor port so it's preferably PS3 or else 'better than nothing' vita port.

Heavy Rain is indeed PS3 only (at time of writing) so unless they re-release that (which is possible though unlikely)- well it's short enough you could borrow it or even play it at a friend's house.
    Beyond: Two Souls is also good, if you haven't heard of it it's from the same developer and has much of the same appeal, though some elements are swapped out for others (including more complex characters and better performances).

The Unfinished Swan is a nice little under-appreciated gem, and while I do think it's worth playing if possible I also think it's best played with the Move and Navigation (as explained in detail by someone else here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts8c3yf0BOY). This could of course come to PS4 though, so if you're lucky you might see that one at a reasonable price on the online store dance

As for the star wars games all I can say is yeah; better stick with the classics. They don't make 'em like they used to laugh
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 July 14 at 07:00
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    BillyHorrible said:
    (...according to the OP it's PS1 and PS2 only but since PS4 is here now...)
    Jak & Daxter - the original trilogy of PS2 games.
    Heavy Rain
    The Unfinished Swan
    considering how much they over-charge for 'remasters', it'd probably be cheaper just to buy a cheap PS3 and get the PS3 versions for the rock bottom prices they've hit xD PS1 and PS2 can be hard to connect these days but PS3 has all the connections of the modern era smile
    On the other hand, Jack & Daxter trilogy is available on vita too- but I heard it was a poor port so it's preferably PS3 or else 'better than nothing' vita port.

Heavy Rain is indeed PS3 only (at time of writing) so unless they re-release that (which is possible though unlikely)- well it's short enough you could borrow it or even play it at a friend's house.
    Beyond: Two Souls is also good, if you haven't heard of it it's from the same developer and has much of the same appeal, though some elements are swapped out for others (including more complex characters and better performances).

The Unfinished Swan is a nice little under-appreciated gem, and while I do think it's worth playing if possible I also think it's best played with the Move and Navigation (as explained in detail by someone else here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts8c3yf0BOY). This could of course come to PS4 though, so if you're lucky you might see that one at a reasonable price on the online store dance

As for the star wars games all I can say is yeah; better stick with the classics. They don't make 'em like they used to laugh
    Well, the overcharging for remasters depends, as the old man said, on your point of view. Long time Playstationers may think it's bull to charge so much for the same game over again, but someone like me sees a completely new game for a price less than 'real' new games. That, and I'm a sucker for nice graphics smile I already played the remastered Tomb Raider with much joy. Though I may have to check for cheap PS3s, if only for all the free PS+ games I'm getting right now. I'd probably better first finish my Xbox 360 backlog of 100+ games, though. If you're on TA, check my last blog post for the list and updates.

I've been following The Unfinished Swan since the early development stages - and then they suddenly made it PS3 only, the bastards.

On Star Wars; in my opinion Disney has done a great job with delegating the Marvel movies to the right people. I have high hopes for the new Star Wars movies and I feel like Disney will eventually realise what a goldmine great Star Wars games would be - make some great new ones, and ask some developers to port some great old ones.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 11 August 14 at 07:50
    alklein92201 said:
    Star Wars Episode 1 (I may not have liked the movie, but damnit that fame was fun)

Star Wars Jedi Power Battles
    The episode one game i never got past the 2nd or third level. The conveyor belts always got me killed.

Now Croc Legend of the gobos i'd love for that to come on newer consoles
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 August 14 at 07:57
    Flarus-Lionheart said:
    alklein92201 said:
    Star Wars Episode 1 (I may not have liked the movie, but damnit that fame was fun)

The episode one game i never got past the 2nd or third level. The conveyor belts always got me killed.

I never got past the part near the end when you have to do a lot of jumping with Obi-Wan; the second or third time you switch back to him there was always a jump I just couldn't make.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 11 August 14 at 09:56
    BillyHorrible said:
    Flarus-Lionheart said:
    alklein92201 said:

I never got past the part near the end when you have to do a lot of jumping with Obi-Wan; the second or third time you switch back to him there was always a jump I just couldn't make.
    That i think is what i got up to. Its been years but that sounds about right to me.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 August 14 at 09:58
    Flarus-Lionheart said:
    BillyHorrible said:
    Flarus-Lionheart said:
    alklein92201 said:

That i think is what i got up to. Its been years but that sounds about right to me.
    That's way farther than the second or third level though wink Though you may have made use of the savegame that was widely distributed back then, with a save at the start of every level.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 11 August 14 at 11:05
    Xploader CD man they were good times :)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 August 14 at 20:00
    Classics?

G Police, G Police 2, Crime Killer, Colony Wars 1, 2, and 3 -- all from PS1.
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive. twitter.com/shadow_enz
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads