Game Discussion: The Witness

My completition estimate.

• KinglinkKinglink254,904
    Posted on 25 February 16 at 23:27
    I'm kind of surprised at the completion estimates being so high.

It will take a player a good long time to play this normally, but if you use a guide, you can beat this game in only a handful of hours. You SHOULDN'T but it's not a long game.

That being said, if you take your time you'll put in 20 hours probably, and really enjoy the experience, and that's what I recommend, but it's a fast game if one was to rush. The only challenge... is the challenge, and that's going to be a skills competition.
  • Posted on 25 February 16 at 23:48
    Interesting. Well some would say that the estimate should be the realistic amount of time it would take you in the scenario of you playing for the first time with a guide stuck to your face, so in that case a low estimate is sensible (but is 2 hours really realistic? It's not speedrun times, it's times for a typical first run user going for trophies).

Others would say the estimate is in consideration for the way the average first time user would play, and with explorative games that number can be pushed up over what a focused completionist would take.

I gotta say though, for a puzzle game like this which is all about thoughtful exploration and discovery, surely using a guide for ALL the puzzles (rather than just a few you get stuck on) is kind of defeating the point...?
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads